IGNORED

MLB trade deadline

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 3548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know how much the national media has talked about it, but remember with Lackey that his contract stipulates if he has an arm injury during the first few years of it (which he did), then he'll only make the major league minimum salary for 2015. That added a lot to his trade value.

He will only make $500,000 next year.  How can anyone live on that?  No wonder the Cards wanted him.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, that's what's so goofy about the Price deal -- he's still under contract for '15. If that was the best they could get for him right now, then hang onto him, hope this hot streak they're currently on continues all the way through September (and maybe into October) and then peddle him off in the winter, when more teams will be interested in improving their rosters. Hell, even waiting until next July, there's little chance they'd have gotten less than they did.

The Rays got burned as badly as the guy who got "suckered" in the Golf Talk thread, only on a much larger scale.

John

I've heard that talked about, and that obviously did add a ton of value to Lackey. Still, you're talking about a solid number 3 versus a Cy Young contender. While Price is still expensive, it's not like he is a rental like Lester is, he is under team control for one more year.

Oh right, I'm not disagreeing, just pointing out that Lackey's contract might gotten them a little more than otherwise.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!