IGNORED

Will Tiger Woods fire Sean Foley before the end of 2015?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There is way too much attention being paid to coaches in general.  Somehow when it comes to Justin Rose's nearly-flawless swing Sean Foley is a great coach, but when Tiger is concerned his teaching philosophy is trash.  The reality of the situation is that Foley is working with what Tiger can physically bring to the table right now.  Tiger's body is basically.  He's constantly playing at 50-80% health and the PGA is way too good these days for anyone to win that way.

Over the years trying to compensate for numerous knee issues eventually led to his achilles.  Trying to maintain his length while compensating for his deteriorating knees and the achilles has led to his back issues.  This is not rocket science.  His range of motion is lacking, his back is f-ed, and his confidence isn't anywhere near what it once was.  The only thing I agree with Chamblee on is how Tiger's timing has to be perfect on every swing because he doesn't know what to expect from his body.

Butch's teaching didn't cause the first knee issue, Haney didn't cause the second knee issue or the achillies, and Tiger's back isn't because of Foley.  Unless Tiger makes the sacrifice of time to rest and to get truly we might as well get used to seeing this.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is way too much attention being paid to coaches in general.  Somehow when it comes to Justin Rose's nearly-flawless swing Sean Foley is a great coach, but when Tiger is concerned his teaching philosophy is trash.  The reality of the situation is that Foley is working with what Tiger can physically bring to the table right now.  Tiger's body is basically.  He's constantly playing at 50-80% health and the PGA is way too good these days for anyone to win that way.

Over the years trying to compensate for numerous knee issues eventually led to his achilles.  Trying to maintain his length while compensating for his deteriorating knees and the achilles has led to his back issues.  This is not rocket science.  His range of motion is lacking, his back is f-ed, and his confidence isn't anywhere near what it once was.  The only thing I agree with Chamblee on is how Tiger's timing has to be perfect on every swing because he doesn't know what to expect from his body.

Butch's teaching didn't cause the first knee issue, Haney didn't cause the second knee issue or the achillies, and Tiger's back isn't because of Foley.  Unless Tiger makes the sacrifice of time to rest and to get truly we might as well get used to seeing this.

Sorry about the poor editing.  I didn't notice until it was too late, haha.

"Tiger's body is basically deteriorating ."

"Unless Tiger makes the sacrifice of time to rest and to get truly healthy we might as well get used to seeing this."

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

• Administrator

Of course…

https://twitter.com/firefoley

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103857/] [/URL] Of course… [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103858/] [/URL] [URL=https://twitter.com/firefoley]https://twitter.com/firefoley[/URL]

My thread is famous! Wait a minute....

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/tiger-woods-parts-ways-swing-coach-sean-foley?cid=pgacomsocial_20140825_30407186

BOOM!! Tiger drops Foley

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/tiger-woods-parts-ways-swing-coach-sean-foley?cid=pgacomsocial_20140825_30407186

BOOM!! Tiger drops Foley

WHOA!

I am really, really surprised. I really thought they had a good thing going. I know he says he has no timetable to hire a coach, but I wonder who he'll go to next. I hope another swing change isn't in the works.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Usually there are rumors of him being around/friendly with players who have another instructor. With O'Meara, Haney. I think Sean O'Hair and Mahan, Foley.

Very unscientific, ya, but which player is he hanging out with, has a swing he likes and is taught by a well regarded pro?

Ha ha, I was totally wrong on that one. Didn't think he would split with Foley in the near future. How did he do in the time he was in between instructors - I think it was between Haney and Foley? I forget. I think his play didn't improve much.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Well, I guess we can lock this thread, and point instead to this one:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!