IGNORED

Course Records

ColeRiel
Note: This thread is 3512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who is the course record holder?

• My Friend
    • The Groundskeeper

Hello, so today a friend of mine shot a 23 on a par 3 course. This would be the course record, as it previously was 24. However, a groundskeeper of the course played this morning alone and shot a 22. My friend was in a foursome who all saw his fair round. The groundskeeper was alone with no one to attest. Which score would you say is the course record? I'm aware solo rounds can count towards handicaps and what not, it seems wrong however to state an unattested round as a course record.

I wouldn't say either score is official so I wouldn't worry about it.

Someone may have had 20 and not mentioned. How would you know?

Course records are usually counted only under circumstances where the course is played under certain conditions.

Scores achieved playing alone would absolutely not count.

The groundskeeper certainly doesn't have the course record, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Well I would imagine that to be a course record officially there would need to be someone to attest it on the scorecard.If the groundskeeper is really being honest then the truth lies with him whether he really has the record.Unfortunately theres really no way to know for sure what any course record is because a course record could have been shot with easier pin placements and in different conditions compared to when someone else shot a stroke or 2 more in harder conditions with difficult pin placements.

.Unfortunately theres really no way to know for sure what any course record is because a course record could have been shot with easier pin placements and in different conditions compared to when someone else shot a stroke or 2 more in harder conditions with difficult pin placements.

Did you read the post above yours?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!