IGNORED

Easiest to hit hybrid?

Note: This thread is 6065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I'm getting myself a hybrid to replace my 3 iron which at the moment is just to search for balls in the long stuff. Since I'm a high handicapper, what I'm really looking for is just the easiest hybrid to hit out there. I was considering the Baffler because I've heard that's quite easy to hit, but I wanted some more opinions.
Thanks!
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Bridgestone Precept ECU. Nice size head and very easy to hit.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Adams are supposedly the number one hybrids out there but is that just for better players since no-one's suggested that?
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Adams are supposedly the number one hybrids out there but is that just for better players since no-one's suggested that?

Actually, the Bobby Jones hybrid is the best out there. I had a chance to buy one at a store in Las Vegas, but passed on the oppurtunity. I used the money to get my 7 wood and my SW. I have room for one more club in my bag [3 wood has a stiff shaft and cant swing it], so I'm looking for a hybrid too.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

I carry two Ping Rapture hybrids (21 and 24 degrees). They are a little pricey, but they are very easy to hit and have real nice feel. These are the go to clubs in my bag and I would rather hit my second shot with these than my irons.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

I've heard that the ADAMS Tight Lies hybrids are supposed to be the easiest hitting hybrids out there. But then again.....That's just what I've heard.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

I think highly of my Adams OS2 3-hybrid. Since I learned to hit it, it's been my "When it absolutely, positively has to be straight" club. And they're $100 pretty much everywhere nowadays. I kind of wish they had a 2-hybrid in that series, I'd love to use it instead of my 5-wood.

Adams are not for better players only - I think their new ones are very easy to hit. Keep in mind that there are probably too many choices for hybrids out there. Having said that you need to try many of them to make sure whichever one you get works for you and your type of swing.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

I'm going to try an Adams Golf Idea Pro Hybrid. I've read in other posts that they are easy, straight, long and have no offset. Not the most affordable choice but I've read nothing but good comments and reviews.
WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

I use the Hibore hybrid 19*. For me is very easy to hit, always straight, i have great accuracy and control over it. Adam's are good as well.. I see the info-mercial on the Bobby jones, i would like to hit one.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

I use the Hibore hybrid 19*. For me is very easy to hit, always straight, i have great accuracy and control over it. Adam's are good as well.. I see the info-mercial on the Bobby jones, i would like to hit one.

Is the HiBore Hybrid offset at all? I'm looking for no offset. Just curious.

WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

I do not believe they do. I've yet to hook the ball unintentionally.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Once I got used to my baffler I love it! You seem to like cobra stuff so give it a whack and see what you think... not to badly priced either!
Driver 907D1
Hibore XL 9.5 V2 67G S
3 Wood 200 Steel S90 Rifle
Hybrid 3 Baffler
Irons x20 Tours Flighted 6.0's 4-PWedges Oil Can 52.08 Bent to 51* 56:14 Raw Vokey & Mizuno 60*Putter Anser 5 " Probably had it for 12 yearsBall ProV1x

I play a nickent 4DX 17 degree and i absolutely love it. really easy to work the ball and it's deep off the tee. i guess no one likes nickent here haha
Driver: Taylormade R7 Superquad TP 8.5 (Fujikura Motore F1 75 X-Stiff)
3-Wood: Cleveland Tour Head 13 (Matrix Ozik Code-8 X-Stiff)
Irons: Titleist 690 MB 3 and 4 iron (Dynamic X-100) 5 - PW (Dynamic Tour X7)
Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled 55 and 59 Degree
Putter: Titleist Studio Stainless 1st Gen.

Nike CPR3 Wood hybrids are incredibly easy to make a quality shot. I like the wood v. the iron/wood as the head is bigger and says "you can't miss" The shaft is short and the head is heavy making it easy to make solid contact and get good distance. They plow through tall grass. My favorite clubs to hit in my bag.

I think they are being discontinued because everyone has them on sale. If you can find one I think they're $80 new with graphite shafts.

In my Nexos
HiBore XLS Draw Driver
X-hybrid 4,5
Fusion Wide Sole 6-AW
Black Pearl CG10 54/14, CG12 DSG 64 Vokey SM Oil Can 60/8 Spider Pro V1x HX Hot Bite

+1 for the Cobra Baffler - mine is a 20 degree, and it's both easy to hit and reasonably priced. I get about 200 yards out of mine. I've heard great things about the Bobby Jones as well but have never tried it.

Note: This thread is 6065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!