Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uncle Peter

Cobra BiO Cell + vs AMP Cell Pro vs Bio Cell Drivers

23 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm looking for a new driver to replace my Taylormade Tour Burner and have decided to buy either a Cobra BiO Cell or an AMP Cell Pro or a BiO Cell + , the reason being that my local golf store is having a sale on Cobra stock and I can get either of these drivers for around the same price (The BiO Cell + is a bit more).

I'm looking for an all-around good driver but mainly one that is forgiving if not hit perfectly. Have any of you guys tried out these drivers? Which one would you recommend buying? I plan on testing out all three of them too before I buy one.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Hello,

I'm looking for a new driver to replace my Taylormade Tour Burner and have decided to buy either a Cobra BiO Cell or an AMP Cell Pro or a BiO Cell + , the reason being that my local golf store is having a sale on Cobra stock and I can get either of these drivers for around the same price (The BiO Cell + is a bit more).

I'm looking for an all-around good driver but mainly one that is forgiving if not hit perfectly. Have any of you guys tried out these drivers? Which one would you recommend buying? I plan on testing out all three of them too before I buy one.

I got great numbers out of the Bio Cell +, however I wouldn't really rank it as super forgiving. Don't go into this testing with any predetermined ideas. Just go in and hit the different ones and go with what you get the best results with. I spent an hour and a half going through all the different options of the g30 only to find out that it would take 3-4 weeks to get one. Then found out in 5 minutes of hitting that the Bio Cell was better for me anyway so I could have saved myself a lot of time not focusing on one driver to test.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got great numbers out of the Bio Cell +, however I wouldn't really rank it as super forgiving. Don't go into this testing with any predetermined ideas. Just go in and hit the different ones and go with what you get the best results with. I spent an hour and a half going through all the different options of the g30 only to find out that it would take 3-4 weeks to get one. Then found out in 5 minutes of hitting that the Bio Cell was better for me anyway so I could have saved myself a lot of time not focusing on one driver to test.

Yes, I'm going tonight to test them out at my towns golf store and I'm definitely going in with an open mind. Who knows if I'll like one better than the other, or hit one straighter than the other. I'll make sure I go through all of the different loft settings too.

I bet you can find a Dunlop for way less (haha j/k).  Get the Bio Cell+ it's $100 better than the other two.

So I ended up testing all three drivers out last night and got good results with all of them, however I was more consistent and slightly longer with the Bio Cell so I decided to buy it. I'll be putting it in play later on today to see how it works on the course.

Just a quick question for anyone who owns the Bio Cell. So Cobra gives you that torque wrench that makes a click when you've screwed the shaft in tight enough when adjusting lofts. I've noticed so far that you have to turn the wrench really tight and the wrench makes a really loud (I though I cracked something on the driver) click when you've tightened enough. Is this click supposed to be really loud like that? I'm just hoping I didn't crack something.

So I ended up testing all three drivers out last night and got good results with all of them, however I was more consistent and slightly longer with the Bio Cell so I decided to buy it. I'll be putting it in play later on today to see how it works on the course. Just a quick question for anyone who owns the Bio Cell. So Cobra gives you that torque wrench that makes a click when you've screwed the shaft in tight enough when adjusting lofts. I've noticed so far that you have to turn the wrench really tight and the wrench makes a really loud (I though I cracked something on the driver) click when you've tightened enough. Is this click supposed to be really loud like that? I'm just hoping I didn't crack something.

It's a bit louder than the TaylorMade wrenches I've used, yes.

So I ended up testing all three drivers out last night and got good results with all of them, however I was more consistent and slightly longer with the Bio Cell so I decided to buy it. I'll be putting it in play later on today to see how it works on the course.

Just a quick question for anyone who owns the Bio Cell. So Cobra gives you that torque wrench that makes a click when you've screwed the shaft in tight enough when adjusting lofts. I've noticed so far that you have to turn the wrench really tight and the wrench makes a really loud (I though I cracked something on the driver) click when you've tightened enough. Is this click supposed to be really loud like that? I'm just hoping I didn't crack something.

Ricky Fowler uses the Bio Cell Driver and not the Plus or Pro version.

@Uncle Peter a review in the Equipment Section of the forum after you've played it a while?  This would help others when looking for clubs.

Ricky Fowler uses the Bio Cell Driver and not the Plus or Pro version.

@Uncle Peter could you write a review in the Equipment Section of the forum after you've played it a while?  This would help others when looking for clubs.

Hopefully now I'll start hitting the ball like him! :)

Yes I'm planning on writing a review of it after I've played a few good rounds with it. I played a round with it yesterday and found that it's really forgiving, but gives you that extra distance when you hit it dead in the middle. 10.5 degree is the most useful loft for me as of now.

What's your swing speed? I'm around 110-115 and hit the ball way to high. So was wondering which was lower spinning lower launch

What's your swing speed? I'm around 110-115 and hit the ball way to high. So was wondering which was lower spinning lower launch

The + model is the lower spinning head.

Ricky Fowler uses the Bio Cell Driver and not the Plus or Pro version

According to Cobra's website he uses the pro version http://www.cobragolf.com/tour-staff/rickie-fowler

The witb segment on golf.com showed just the orange bio cell in his bag.

The Bio Cell is a great driver. I have the Bio Cell and a SLDR S. I have found that the SLDR S is a bit longer but noticeably less forgiving. The Bio Cell is usually in the bag as a result.

Golftown has a deal for driver fairway bio cell for 299$. Worth it?

I have the Amp Cell and really like it, very forgiving. I tried the Bio Cell and liked that too but not enough difference (for me) to cough up the bucks, I'll stay with my Amp Cell.

I really love my Bio Cell +. The weight is great compared to my old driver, the ball flight is much nicer and I get much more bounce and roll. The super easy adjustment is much nicer and easier to use than a lot of the other makers have put out to me.