IGNORED

Good mid-priced ball

ChvyKc
Note: This thread is 6089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been using Nike Mojos for a while now and I have been thinking of moving to a different ball. Before we go any further, let me say that I am a college guy that has been married for a month to the day so money is a little tight for me.

Feel is definately more important to me than distance. I know the more expensive balls are going to give more feels but there has to be something out there under 30 bucks that will give me more feel that the Mojos. I have been thinking of moving to a Callaway ball but I am not for sure which one to go with. I drive about 240 yards with a very cheap driver so I am not really worried about picking up distance.

I am actually fairly happy with the Mojos. I went to them after playing really cheap Cougars. Let me know what you think since I will probably go out and pick some balls up this weekend.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

Callaway Big Bertha's have a soft feel and are $20/doz.

In my Nexos
HiBore XLS Draw Driver
X-hybrid 4,5
Fusion Wide Sole 6-AW
Black Pearl CG10 54/14, CG12 DSG 64 Vokey SM Oil Can 60/8 Spider Pro V1x HX Hot Bite

Maxfli Tour Fires are on for $19.99/dozen CDN right now... A very good ball for that price imo

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Callaway Big Bertha's have a soft feel and are $20/doz.

Yeah, I did Callaway's ball selector and that is what they recommended me use. That is what I am probably going to go with. Just wondering if anyone else has some suggestions. Brand doesn't really matter as long as it is a good ball. Basically looking for a good ball for the money.

The

Srixon Tri-Speed is an awesome ball and we sell them for $25
The all new Srixon Trispeed brings multilayer performance to a broad audience of golfers. The Trispeed features Srixon’s proprietary soft, Energetic Gradient Growth core which provides highly efficient energy transfer from ball to club for a wide range of swing speeds, along with ideal high launch angle and low spin launch conditions. The mid-layer is made of highly resilient Rabalon® HR blended ionomer for enhanced ball speed. The soft Rabalon blended cover delivers an incredible feel with amazing velocity. Core, Mid and Cover - three layers, each designed for the one thing that directly translates to distance – Speed. USER BENEFITS Provides greater carry with exceptionally soft feel for players of all swing speeds Highly resilient, advanced aerodynamics for greater carry and distance Superb soft feel on all shots from tee to green High trajectory aerodynamics make it easier to get the ball airborne

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bridgestone E5 & E6. You can get alot of good deals on Ebay!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

If you are looking for something that feel a bit soft particularly when putting, is long and doesn't scuff up much then I don't think you can go past the precept laddie extreme for the price. The Srixon AD333 is also very similar.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

the bridgestone e6 is a solid ball, but believe it or not the Top Flight D2 FEEL, really important FEEL only is a pretty nice ball. A friend of mine picked these up and was saying some great things about them and I just had to see for myself. For a mid level ball they are a good value, similar characteristics of balls in its category

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I think I am going to try this list out to see which one I like the best:

Callaway Big Bertha
Callaway HX Hot
Nike Ignite
Srixon Tri-speed
Bridgestone E5 or E6

Obviously not going to go out and buy them all at one time, but I really like the idea of the lower priced three piece balls like the HX Hot, Tri-speed and the Ignite. I will see how it goes, thanks for all the help fellas. Any more suggestions would be great.

i play the maxfli tour fire, the top flite d2 feel and bridgestone's e5. i prefer the e5 out of all 3 but like the maxfli for the distance. the feel is there because it is a budget ball when im tight on money.

driver: Burner TP 9.5 S
FWY Wood: 906F2 15.5*
hybrid: Idea Pro 18*
irons: MP-57 3-W
Wedges: X-Forged 56, 60 Putter: Anser Redwood Putter Black Series i #9

Nike PowerSoft, $15.99 a dozen and I love the way they feel.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

I played the HX hots for a while and then got Berthas 'cause I needed some balls and hots were not available. I liked the Berthas a little more, plus they were $5 cheaper. I also like dt so/lo's for the same money. $20 dz. Good luck

In the bag:

Burner 10.5
Rescue mid 16, 19, 22, 25
X-16 irons Forged+ Vintage 48, 54, 60 Circa 62 #3 A009125

I was just at Walmart looking at balls and they have Callaway CX3 Hot's. Anybody using those? I've never heard of them until I saw them tonight.

Recently I got a few promo packs of the Srixon Tri-Speed and really liked it. Little bit lower spin than my normal Z-URS; still a nice 3-piece ball at $25/dozen.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

I was just at Walmart looking at balls and they have Callaway CX3 Hot's. Anybody using those? I've never heard of them until I saw them tonight.

I wondered the same thing. Hope some one has tried them!!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I went to Target on my lunch break and they had the Nike Ignites on clearance for 12 bucks so I picked up a dozen. I haven't heard much on the boards about them but I really like the Mojo's and this should be a step up from them. I'm not willing to go to a real expensive ball. To many of mine end up in the woods to spend a lot of money on them.

I actually picked up a dozen used Top Flites from Tartet last week and shot the lowest round of my life (87 which is 15 over on my course) and made my first birdie. I will let you guys know how I like the Ignites.

Note: This thread is 6089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!