IGNORED

I think I bought fake Mizuno 825 pro, like really bad fakes.

Note: This thread is 3501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I scared the guy into giving me my money back. I bluffed that I had his plate number. He had also called me with his business number and it was easy to find his contact info. Just checked Craigslist - the dirtbag has posted them up again -

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/spo/4668381089.html

when I bought them he had his grandpa act on, this morning he was full douche. I'm going to call Mizuno Monday morning and offer his info - full name, plate number, home and business address, phone numbers. I have a feeling he does this regularly.

Thank you guys for being of help in this ordeal!

Good work.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, at this point I

That's good, usually these types of situations don't have a happy ending.  If you're right handed you have to be really careful buying from unknown sources, there are a number of fake clubs out there on CL and Ebay.

Most of the fakes I've seen look much better than the ones you bought so it can be really tough to tell.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to wait for some fall/winter time deals and get a set then for next year. That or hope Santa is feeling especially kind this year. haha.

My only concern now is actually stopping this guy from ripping someone else off. He has actually put the clubs up for the past week on Craigslist even thought I only gave them back this morning.

Monday I'm contacting Mizuno but for now, I'm just creating a local Craigslist post with a similar title to his with a warning of them being counterfeit.

@Sornypanafonic, Here's a link which may help - http://kickpointgolf.com/detecting-fake-clubs-mizuno.htm

Mizuno Golf Club Verification

In this section we have some specific information about how to verify Mizuno Golf Clubs and determine authenticity. We gathered all of this information by going to Mizunos website and seeing what they had to say about verifying their golf clubs. We also called them and got as much information as we could.

From what we have saw, mizuno has the most complains about fake golf clubs on the market. We believe this is because of the process of adding serial numbers to their clubs. Clubs that are assembled in the US do not following the same standard as clubs from the rest of the world so people get a set of Mizunos and they think they are fake just because there is no serial number. However, this is not always the case. The rest of the world actually puts the serial number on the side of shaft, just under the grip. We think they do this just make things confusing.

Fake clubs are almost never forged because the process is too complex. You can test if the iron is forged by looking for bag chatter or small dings in the iron head. Or you test forged irons by bending them, with a bending machine, if you have one available. If the clubs bend easy, they are forged iron. If they do not bend easy, they are cast iron. So clubs that are Grain Flow Forged can be tested to determine they are forged, which is much less likely to be faked."

Serial Number Location on Club: In the US there is a serial number on their clubs on the hossel, Laser engraved. In the US, serial numbers are on every set made in the last 8 years. The rest of the world puts the serial number on shaft, under the grips, and if it’s a custom set a custom order number directly on the ferrule in gold lettering.

Phone Number to verify Serial Number: 1-800-966-1211

Where are clubs manufactured: Cast Iron Mizuno golf clubs are made in China, Forged Irons are made in Japan and China and all are assembled in the US, if sold in the US. They also have several other places around the world where clubs are made.

Link to golf club pictures: http://www.mizunousa.com/golf/products/

Club Rat

Thank you. I'm putting this up on a Craigslist post warning others since the guy is already trying to sell the same set or another batch. I was able to track him down but the next person may not be so lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Fyl the posting is back up on Craigslist. He almost got me with it. I am sure he is going to try and sell them so someone else since He did not get to screw me.

Flag his ad... ;-)

I did but they don't give you an option for why you are flagging it.

You can post, warning others about this clown. Just add a link to his post in the body of the ad.

Fyl the posting is back up on Craigslist. He almost got me with it. I am sure he is going to try and sell them so someone else since He did not get to screw me.

Yeah, I noticed he put it back up. Initially I thought it may have been that his wife was swindled but no, he's just a dirt-bag. The only good thing about him is that he's not very bright and would probably be easily caught if the NYPD gave a shit. You would think an easy felony collar would help with their quotas.

I did put up an opposing ad warning people about it. I'll renew it now in case it was taken down.

Can I just say how much I love your username? I don't think you could have picked a better one to start off here. lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 3501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!