IGNORED

how many lefty's are naturally gifted?

LeftysRule
Note: This thread is 6066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've seemed to notice this in all sports. Lefty's just seem to play better than the others. Maybe it's just me. And maybe I'm biased....... Anyone else notice this?

What's in my bag?

PING G5 driver......125 shipped
Ping G5 3 wood.....110 shipped
Taylormade RAC LT irons 3-PW......200 plus shippingTaylor made 2 iron......(sold)Black Callaway golf bag.....(sold)Titlist Vokey Wedge 58* 40 shippedTitlist Vokey wedge 54* 40 shippedAll For sale......If...

As a fellow lefty, I can tell you that I am certainly not athletically-gifted. Nothing about the golf swing feels natural and I constantly struggle just to break 100. Which truly left-handed athletes do you think are particularly gifted (i.e. not Phil, not Mike Wier--both rightys disguised as leftys)?

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

I've seemed to notice this in all sports. Lefty's just seem to play better than the others. Maybe it's just me. And maybe I'm biased.......

I would have to say in golf I think natural leftys tend to struggle considerably. I mean the two best left handed golfers on tour are not true leftys. Considering the percentage of left handed people in the world, golf is way underepresented by them.

Now baseball that is a totally different story. Left handed hitters, wow, always seem to have those sweet swings.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've seemed to notice this in all sports. Lefty's just seem to play better than the others. Maybe it's just me. And maybe I'm biased.......

Yes, I think you are biased. No, I don't think Lefty's are naturally gifted.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I think lefty's are more creative and have a great deal of finesse, but I don't think they necessarily play better in all sports. The numbers just aren't there.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

As a fellow lefty, I can tell you that I am certainly not athletically-gifted. Nothing about the golf swing feels natural and I constantly struggle just to break 100. Which truly left-handed athletes do you think are particularly gifted (i.e. not Phil, not Mike Wier--both rightys disguised as leftys)?

I agree, being a true Left hander myself (I do everything with my left hand) I played baseball since the age of 6 until my last yr in HS, played softball until 5 yrs ago.....and played football as well from 8 until my last yr in HS.....(and was pretty good at both) but the game of Golf is a different kind of animal imho.... for me being a true Left hander I don't believe that being left handed has gifted me at Golf at all........

that's why I put in all sports.......Look at any left handed pool player, batter, pitcher, bowler even. The lefty's just seem to have it naturally. Personally it took alot of work and effort for me to get to where I'm at on the golf course now so I don't think it came to me naturally. I didin't know mickelson was a righty. Anyway, I've never seen a golf lefty naturally gifted, But I thought it would be the same all around in sports. There aren't many lefty's in my area so I had to ask.
What's in my bag?

Taylormade RAC LT irons 3-PW......200 plus shippingTaylor made 2 iron......(sold)Black Callaway golf bag.....(sold)Titlist Vokey Wedge 58* 40 shippedTitlist Vokey wedge 54* 40 shippedAll For sale......If...

I would suspect that the pipeline for good lefty golf players get a little bottlenecked at an early age. By this, I mean that 99% of golf instruction (especially the swing tips on this forum) is geared towards right handed hitters. Just a guess, but I would imagine that would give righty's a considerable edge.
"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

I would suspect that the pipeline for good lefty golf players get a little bottlenecked at an early age. By this, I mean that 99% of golf instruction (especially the swing tips on this forum) is geared towards right handed hitters. Just a guess, but I would imagine that would give righty's a considerable edge.

That's a good point. I never thought of that.

What's in my bag?

• Administrator
Lefties are not more talented. In fact, they're under-represented in most sports (golf especially) if you factor in the fact that 8-10% of all people are left-handed.

8-10% of golfers aren't left-handed.

So that kind of shoots the "naturally gifted" part in the rear. Especially since some of the lefties on Tour aren't actually lefties.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!