IGNORED

Fox News

boston blackie
Note: This thread is 3126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No matter what you think of Fox news, it's definitely not a good idea to dress up as a Fox news reporter for Halloween in California

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/11/02/Man-in-Fox-News-Costume-Beaten-in-California

Speaking of biased news reports, you might notice that the headline says "...violently assaulted..." and yet in the story it says "the victim of the attack was reportedly uninjured."

How violent could it really have been if he wasn't injured?

But that brings me to my main point:  Does it really matter that much if the news agencies are biased here and there?  It's not that hard to read the story and tell that the writer is a little "right winged" biased, but at the same time, its also really easy to pick out the actual facts and form your own opinion.

The same is true when watching Fox or MSNBC or whatever.  I can watch a news story and tell if the person may have the same feelings about the story as I do, or if they have the opposite feelings, but its still the same story with the same facts.  It's not like they're going to lie about what happened.  Sure, they'll speculate a lot and that's annoying too, but again, not hard to see and ignore.

If Geraldo comes on and tells me that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin because Martin is a thug wearing a hoodie who deserved it, I can tell what part is his opinion and what actually happened.  Then if his MSNBC equivalent comes on and tells me that some crazy racist man shot a really sweet kid who happened to be black and doing nothing wrong, again, I can tell what are actual facts and what are speculation.

The only thing about those news agencies that's really frustrating is the knowledge that there actually are stupid people out there that can't differentiate.  But is that the really news agencies faults, or is it the stupid peoples faults?  (I guess I answered my original question myself here; yes it does matter because stupid people vote too.  But it's still not the news agencies faults that people fall for that)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does it really matter that much if the news agencies are biased here and there?

Opinion shows or even opinion creeping into "news" broadcasts: No problem.

Sitting on or shutting off newsworthy stories and certainly shutting off opposing news sources: A huge problem.

If Geraldo comes on and tells me that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin because Martin is a thug wearing a hoodie who deserved it, I can tell what part is his opinion and what actually happened.

:bugout:

Really? Geraldo???

Geraldo is every bit as liberal on issues of race and immigration as anybody over at MSNBC. Heck he almost has to fight his way off of the set on the Fox opinion shows like The Factor and Hannity (and especially in cases like the Trevon Martin case).

Speaking of biased news reports, you might notice that the headline says "...violently assaulted..." and yet in the story it says "the victim of the attack was reportedly uninjured."

How violent could it really have been if he wasn't injured?

But that brings me to my main point:  Does it really matter that much if the news agencies are biased here and there?  It's not that hard to read the story and tell that the writer is a little "right winged" biased, but at the same time, its also really easy to pick out the actual facts and form your own opinion.

The same is true when watching Fox or MSNBC or whatever.  I can watch a news story and tell if the person may have the same feelings about the story as I do, or if they have the opposite feelings, but its still the same story with the same facts.  It's not like they're going to lie about what happened.  Sure, they'll speculate a lot and that's annoying too, but again, not hard to see and ignore.

If Geraldo comes on and tells me that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin because Martin is a thug wearing a hoodie who deserved it, I can tell what part is his opinion and what actually happened.  Then if his MSNBC equivalent comes on and tells me that some crazy racist man shot a really sweet kid who happened to be black and doing nothing wrong, again, I can tell what are actual facts and what are speculation.

The only thing about those news agencies that's really frustrating is the knowledge that there actually are stupid people out there that can't differentiate.  But is that the really news agencies faults, or is it the stupid peoples faults?  (I guess I answered my original question myself here; yes it does matter because stupid people vote too.  But it's still not the news agencies faults that people fall for that)

Of course one has to consider the source any time you read or listen to the news.  The problem isn't interpreting the stories that you hear the problem is some news agencies refuse to cover stories that don't align with their agenda.

Fox may not carry any stories or reports on positive experiences with Obama Care while CNN ignores stories that paint Obama Care in a negative light.  If you depend on one news source for your news you're only getting the half of the story that they want you to hear.

Joe Paradiso

Opinion shows or even opinion creeping into "news" broadcasts: No problem.

Sitting on or shutting off newsworthy stories and certainly shutting off opposing news sources: A huge problem.

Right ... but is that the news organizations fault, or the dummies who don't want to educate themselves' faults?  I vote B.

Really? Geraldo???

Geraldo is every bit as liberal on issues of race and immigration as anybody over at MSNBC. Heck he almost has to fight his way off of the set on the Fox opinion shows like The Factor and Hannity (and especially in cases like the Trevon Martin case).

I only said Geraldo because I remember he's the one who first blamed the "hoodie" for the altercation used in my example.  Whether or not he's actually right wing or left wing is entirely irrelevant to my point.

Of course one has to consider the source any time you read or listen to the news.  The problem isn't interpreting the stories that you hear the problem is some news agencies refuse to cover stories that don't align with their agenda.

Fox may not carry any stories or reports on positive experiences with Obama Care while CNN ignores stories that paint Obama Care in a negative light.  If you depend on one news source for your news you're only getting the half of the story that they want you to hear.

I don't disagree.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/28/its-time-for-american-jihad/

Fall-out-of-your-chair, spit-out-your-coffee insane.

WTF did I just read?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

WTF did I just read?

Yep, both sides have their share of wacko's

Joe Paradiso

WTF did I just read?

Outside of the shock value of the title I don't disagree with much of that at all, and neither does official U.S. policy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

Originally Posted by MS256

Outside of the shock value of the title I don't disagree with much of that at all, and neither does official U.S. policy.

I hope you are not serious,. That is a manifesto not far off from the rantings of ISIS and the Taliban, saying you have to be like us or else. But of course, our mercenary force would be "good" :doh: .

Bill M

I hope you are not serious,. That is a manifesto not far off from the rantings of ISIS and the Taliban, saying you have to be like us or else. But of course, our mercenary force would be "good".

I'm completely serious and it's nothing like ISIS and the Taliban because it explicitly forbids terrorism.

Presidents from both parties have already put "boots on the ground" in instances of great oppression or ethnic cleansing so nothing new there.

Presidents from both parties have also used aid as a carrot and stick many times so nothing new there.

Not much outrageous about thinking that the world would be better off if every country was more democratic so nothing new there. (Pie in the sky but not outrageous).

Saving tax dollars and "making it a sin" to squander them is certainly nothing new in conservative circles.

Each issue taken on it's own and without the shock language is nothing new. The only eyebrow raiser to me was implanting people in other countries to persuade change but hell some of that may already go on behind the scenes.

Much ado about nothing concerning somebody that makes a living stirring the pot, except to left wing bloggers who gasp in horror.

I w

I'm completely serious and it's nothing like ISIS and the Taliban because it explicitly forbids terrorism.

I guess it never occurred to you that the people in other countries where we have "boots on the ground" and where we indiscriminately bomb them think that we are the terrorists? Forcing  our ideology militarily on others is no different from ISIS and the Taliban. A "mercenary force for good"? Please.

Bill M

Americans need to realize that there are other cultures in the world and that THEY may believe that their ideas are best as well.

I am sure there are a lot of people that think their ideas are best.  This does not make them ok.

Bin Laden thought it was a good idea to fly planes into building to kill people.  I certainly will not embrace that idea and pass it off as "well he just has a different belief"...

OK...so my example was a bit out there, but you get the idea.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I am sure there are a lot of people that think their ideas are best.  This does not make them ok.

Bin Laden thought it was a good idea to fly planes into building to kill people.  I certainly will not embrace that idea and pass it off as "well he just has a different belief"...

Yeah, and we go and bomb civilians in other Countries based off of made up stories about WMDs...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Americans need to realize that there are other cultures in the world and that THEY may believe that their ideas are best as well.

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Hardly my point. The point is that us forcing our ideology militarily would be no different from them. People in this country need to look at the world through other lenses besides their jingoistic, self-centered manifestos that are foisted on us by the likes of that dope on Fox News.

Bill M

Quote:

Quote:

Hardly my point. The point is that us forcing our ideology militarily would be no different from them. People in this country need to look at the world through other lenses besides their jingoistic, self-centered manifestos that are foisted on us by the likes of that dope on Fox News.

Don't we do this on a day-to-day basis everywhere in our country with local police departments?

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Yes, but most people can recognize the bad extremes.  But the Fox guy was basically saying that ALL forms of government are inferior to ours and everybody else should adopt our constitution.

I'm fine with the first half of that, but the second half is a "bit" out there.  There are a heck of a lot of places out there that live by their own rules and don't follow the American Constitution AND don't terrorize people, and they are doing just fine.  You want to be the one to go tell Switzerland or France or Sweden that their way is wrong??

Quote:

Yes, but most people can recognize the bad extremes.  But the Fox guy was basically saying that ALL forms of government are inferior to ours and everybody else should adopt our constitution.

I'm fine with the first half of that, but the second half is a "bit" out there.  There are a heck of a lot of places out there that live by their own rules and don't follow the American Constitution AND don't terrorize people, and they are doing just fine.  You want to be the one to go tell Switzerland or France or Sweden that their way is wrong??

First off, I don't really care about the Fox guys point of view.  I don't really think it is feasible anyway.  Basically just wanted to bring some counter-points.

As to the bolded part, why not?  I am sure they feel the same way about us.  If I/we feel "our" way is better, why not let it be known?  Seems to me, they would understand without anything being said.  If we felt their way was better, we would be doing it.

-Matt-

I w

I guess it never occurred to you that the people in other countries where we have "boots on the ground" and where we indiscriminately bomb them think that we are the terrorists? Forcing  our ideology militarily on others is no different from ISIS and the Taliban. A "mercenary force for good"? Please.

I don't even know where to start with that. Religious zealotry at the least.

And frankly, the idea of "manifest destiny" is an anachronistic idea from the 19th century. It is a dangerous concept in the 21st century. Americans need to realize that there are other cultures in the world and that THEY may believe that their ideas are best as well.

The best thing about it is that you are entitled to your opinions, I am entitled to mine, and others are entitled to theirs.

You won't change mine and I won't change yours.

Note: This thread is 3126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!