IGNORED

Help with golf bag

edk
Note: This thread is 6082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I currently have a Datrek 14 divider bag. I thought the dividers would protect my clubs better than a 5-7 compartment bag, and it might. I find the 14 dividers to be a pain in the butt. What kind of cart bag to you have and do you like it?

I have an Ogio Atlas cart bag that I love, despite its heavy weight. It has great organizational tools and feels like "home."

That said, I find myself leaving it in storage and using my Callaway Warbird XTT stand bag almost exclusively cause it opens up my options for unexpected nine-hole walks, is much easier to lug to the course from the car and sacrifices little, if anything, to the larger bag in the way of storage.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

I have a Nike Slingshot OSS cart bag. I like it a lot, it has the 14 club divider and I like that a lot because I know exactly where every club is.

What's In My Slingshot OSS Bag.

Driver: Sasquatch 460
Fairway: Sasquatch 3-wood
Irons: Idea A2 OS 3-PWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Sand WedgePutter: Melbourne II

How so?....

I'm not him so I don't know his exact reason, but I would suspect it's because when you're on the course and want just stick a club back in the bag and get moving again you have to stop and take the time to find the proper hole, and get the club in there.

Personally, I like my Ogio Grom bag for both walking and riding. It's got their "Woode" pocket system, where there are individual holes for the woods, and then group pockets for irons and wedges, and a spot for the putter. It works well, keeps things organized, and there's the nice big pockets for the irons so you can just toss it in and get rolling.

In my Grom CC bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5°
Woods: FX 3 and 5
Irons: Burner Oversize 5-9
Wedges: Burner Oversize PW & SW, Pinemeadow Tour Leader 60 °Putter: Pinemeadow BladeBall: D2 Straight

My favorite cart bag was the Tommy Armour Staff bag that I got from my friend that played for them back in the day. It is a 13+ inch bag that you could put everything you owned in there. The clubs had plenty of room. A couple of years back I bought a stand bag and used it to walk with, but it was a pain on the cart so I bought a Jr. Staff sized Titleist bag. I still have the TA Tufhorse but only keep it for sentimental reasons.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I've been shopping for a bag recently as well and know exactly what he means in regards to the 14 slots. for me jaqattack got it right on the money. While I want to be able to safely organize my clubs, trying to look and fit a club into a single slot is arduous over the course of a round. To edk, if you aren't too concerned with price, I'd highly recommend the grom as well. I wanted to go with the grom but the price was just a little too steep. I ended up purchasing an older model with the same woode top system. gluck

In my bag:
hawkeye VFT 3 & 5 woods
MX-23 3-pw
MP-T 54*, 58*Newport TeI3/anser

OGIO Stinger 2. If your a rider find one and you'll see what I'm talking about. I have a OGIO Voltage for walking.

Now what you going to do with that Datrek?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Sun Mountain C-130. Having 14 dividers keeps my handles from jamming at the bottom. Sun Mountain dividers go all the way to the bottom(nylon). I don't like the 2007 model as if you walk with a pull cart, as I do, you can't reverse the position of clubs as easily. I prefer the 2005 model as the pockets are a bit more stream lines. Good luck.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

Personally, I like my Ogio Grom bag for both walking and riding. It's got their "Woode" pocket system, where there are individual holes for the woods, and then group pockets for irons and wedges, and a spot for the putter. It works well, keeps things organized, and there's the nice big pockets for the irons so you can just toss it in and get rolling.

X2 here. I have a Mizuno Aerolite II and a Ping cart bag. I always seem to keep coming back to my OGIO Grom bag. It's just too useful!

Note: This thread is 6082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!