IGNORED

Is Sergio Garcia an "ignorant little pig"?

supercow
Note: This thread is 5896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is Sergio Garcia an "ignorant little pig"?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is a "ignorant little pig"?

Blaming everything but themselves, for a tour pro can be vital so that they dont lose confidence in their own ability, this is somthing that Gary Player did a lot how ever it could create a state in which the player expects somthing to go wrong there fore the technique producing a negative reaction.

I am familliar with this theory, but convincing yourself a spike mark threw a putt off line, or the wind pushed a ball away from the hole in order to protect your positive self-image is far different from the self-pity and emotion that Sergio has displayed.

What he does is self-defeating. SubPar

No. He's an individual that has his own style and it doesn't fit what some people like.

I personally like the guy. He's great to talk to, loves kids and doesn't care what anyone thinks.

My kind of guy.

Wait, let me guess... You like the Goosen robotic type guys?
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

no.

he has a personality which is is hard to find on the pga tour....

Look at his videos on youtube and the comments after, such hatred!
The guy is very much liked in Europe. it must be an American thing.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

no.

I like Sergio Hes cool Dont know about spitting in the cup that was a bit silly but hes a great golfer he needs to hole some winning putts im sure he'll get the hang of it. the only problem with him is his. trousers are too tight get some clothes that fit mannn

Driver
3wood
Hybrid
Irons
Wedge Putter Ball

I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of pros and hang out with a few of them over the years. At one time I was the CFO of the outfit that owned and built the TPC at Southwind (Memphis) and when I was with another large firm where I often golfed at clubs where lots of pros were members and with people who played with pros frequently. Although I did not get to know them well, Arnold Palmer and Lee Trevino were considered great guys by everyone; for the most part they were the exceptions.

I don't know may of the younger pros at all, but I have met a few of the young Nationwide Tour pros and they were all arrogant twirps.

Most pros I have met have huge egos, they are obnoxious, they are arrogant and and off camera make John Daly look like a saint.

They make huge amounts of money. Tour winnings are only a small part; there are endorsements, apppearance fees, foreign tours, and lots of free perks.

Rock stars probably get less women on the road than golf pros. And the ones who pick up their little children and kiss their wives when they win a tournament are some of the worst.

Sergio's problem is must the same as Daly's, he's so arrogant that he won't listen to Tour officials, his agent or anyone else's advice to play it down in front of the press.

Buick used to have a PGA pro that endorsed their cars (before Tiger) that was one of the most despicable persons I have ever met in private and I used to cringe when I saw him in Buick commercials.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

Most pros I have met have huge egos, they are obnoxious, they are arrogant and and off camera make John Daly look like a saint.

Holy moly. I have NEVER heard this side of the story. This should be a thread!

Regarding pro player $$. . .Sir Milton, what are their expenses like? While it is easy to see a winnings amount, its hard to know what they have to spend it on? Weekly travel? Weekly accomodations? manager fees? caddy fees? Teacher lessons? TAXES? (do they incorporate, or are they sole proprietorships?) If they had to shoulder all of the above I am quite sure they are lucky (or tricky) to end up with 50% of their winnings inquiring minds. . .

I was suprise to see how short Sergio is in person. I like to see him mature as a person and was disappointed in the way he handled the lost at the British Open recently. I wish he took responsibility for his loss and was thankful for his opportunity.

He is an amazing iron player, I watch him hit long irons into the 4th hole at Harding Park a couple of year back and was amazed at his natural god given talent as a golfer.

He fall in the catagory of one of the best players not to win a major, although he was very close and should of won the British Open.

He need a mentor to help him grown into his talent and become a man.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

He is slight has a person but still can bomb the drives, long irons and has tons of game. Its appears that he need to be consistant with his long putter to win more like he is capable of.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of pros and hang out with a few of them over the years. At one time I was the CFO of the outfit that owned and built the TPC at Southwind (Memphis) and when I was with another large firm where I often golfed at clubs where lots of pros were members and with people who played with pros frequently. Although I did not get to know them well, Arnold Palmer and Lee Trevino were considered great guys by everyone; for the most part they were the exceptions.

May I ask who was the player that used to endorse Buick's? I'm interested to know.

i love arragant players i love players who swear and throw clubs i love players who yell what i reallyt hate is when all they do is dang that was a miss hit, ooo swell i sunk a putt, or that was a grand old tee shot that stuff is so boring i love sergio he is my fav player some day ill b on the por tour :D:D:D:D:D

OK so Sergio's still a bit of a petulant youth - this too shall pass. But the guy has a graceful and powerful iron game in the Spanish tradition. I watched him hit a 5 or 6 iron out of a right bunker on the par 5 13th at the Buick (Torrey Pines South) and sink the putt for an eagle. He picked that sucker clean out of the sand, and hit it very very hard to the target.

The guy has a lot of nerve and flair, he just needs to learn to bear down and put the competition away when he's in command on Sunday.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• 1 month later...
Weekly travel? Weekly accomodations? manager fees? caddy fees? Teacher lessons? TAXES? (do they incorporate, or are they sole proprietorships?)

To answer your question, they are Independent Contractors. I forgot where I read that, but it was in an article regarding the FedEx Cup disbursements last year.

I know of a few teaching pros at the course I go to that are considered Independent Contractors as well. Which is how they can work 12 hour days giving lessons and clinics legally, it's because they are considered outside labor and not directly employed by the golf course. I am not quite sure how this affects taxes though. I work in Accounting, so I guess I should know this.. and to answer the thread, no. i do not think he is an "ignorant little pig." He's an arrogant man who also happens to whine like a little boy at times. but he's got talent. i think that his first major will come when he fully matures as a person.

HS9 10.5 reg shaft ys5.6
Big Bertha Steel Heads 3 &5 woods
Carbon CB PW-5i
baffler 20* 4i
Vokey wedge 54* White Hot # 1 KARMA balls for winter"maybe if we all stopped analyzing and thinking so much about this GAME, we'd have time to play this GAME like a GAME is supposed to be PLAYED. ...

Is Sergio Garcia an "ignorant little brat"?

Why did that guy change the name of this thread?

There's a heck of difference between describing a man as a "brat" versus a "pig". Using the word "pig" makes this forum sound like a trash-talking college football chat.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Lost Ball sees Garcia as no more ignorant or arrogant than many others on the Tour....it is just easier for us to see it due to his acts getting caught on camera.
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

May I ask who was the player that used to endorse Buick's? I'm interested to know.

Ben Crenshaw

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I like Sergio, I think that he is a solid player

Driver- R7 460 - Stiff Aldila "by you" shaft
3 wood- Exotics - Stiff V2 shaft
Hybrid- Exotics 21*- Stiff Aldila Green 85 gram
Irons- X Forged - Stiff Project X
Wedges- CG12 Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter- Rossa Daytona 1 AGSIBalls- TP Black

Note: This thread is 5896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!