IGNORED

Poll: Last club purchase

Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. On the most recent occasion where you spent $100 or more on one or more golf clubs did you buy at a big chain, an independent standalone golf store, a course pro shop, or online.

• Big golf chain
    • Independent standalone golf store
    • Pro Shop at a course

I finally found the putter I was looking for at Golf Smith. Taylormade White Ghost IN-72. Marked down to 89.99 and I had a $10 off coupon I got at the FedEx Classic in Memphis, TN last year. Prior to that I got a Rocketballz LW for $90 at Academy Sports, Before that, I traded in my old driver and a brand new Ping Wedge I won in a tourney at Edwin Watts and got my RBZ driver. 3 years ago however when I bought my newest irons, wedges, woods, and bag, I bought them at a small independent shop. I felt the time he spent with me on sizing and trial and error on shafts and grips was worth the little extra I paid against buying at a large retailer or online. Due to that dedication, I will be buying my next set of irons from that independent shop again.

Set of Mizuno JP-850 Forged, fit and bought from a local independent golf store.

I'm looking at these at the mo! What did you upgrade from? And how do you find them? I'm really into the look but haven't actually tried them out yet!

Gaz Lee

Well yesterday I bought a new set of Wilson Staff C-100 irons 4-GW with Aldila RIP Phenom shafts. I scored them for $300.00 from my neighbor who is going through a divorce. He was desperate and they were soo easy to hit I couldn't pass it up.

Set of AP2 712 irons with KBS C-taper shafts.  Bought them on a golf forum. :whistle:

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Set of AP2 712 irons with KBS C-taper shafts.  Bought them on a golf forum.  :whistle:

c taper or c taper lite shafts?

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

913 driver. I just happen to live .4 miles from Tom Spargo. Top 100 fitters in the USA, and one of the nicest guys I've ever met in the golf industry.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

Big box stores tend to have a larger variety of clubs to test and choose from as well as being more accessible in terms of testing any club you might want. The only club I've ever bought without testing was my Vokey SM5 60° wedge I bought in a clubhouse after a tournament in which I discovered my old wedge was simply completely inadequate in terms of spin. I had a tournament the next day and was already at a clubhouse where I had $150 in clubhouse credit. At that point just about anything would've been an improvement in performance, because the face of the old wedge was starting to go concave. I just chose the Vokey over the Cleveland wedges because I've used a Vokey in the past and it came in a black oxide finish.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!