IGNORED

GOLF TEES: buy in bulk, or buy a few at the course?

Twan013
Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Every Christmas I buy the Mrs.1000 with her name on them cost about 65.00 but brings a smile from her stocking.I brought 50 zero friction and have not broken any all year.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I buy a nice large back from my local walmart. Just bought a pack of 35 non friction tee's yesterday, haven't tried them yet.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

I recently purchased those expensive white tee's that are supposed to take side spin off. I actually liked them but they break easily. For par 3's, I'm superstitious. I like to find a broken wooden tee that was left behind to tee off with.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

Working at a golf course I never buy tees. We don't give free tee's but when we take the carts down to clean them there is always tees left in the carts. I give my playing partner tees all the time even thou he has a bag full of tee's in his trunk, never remembers to grab a hand full for the bag.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Buy tees??? I haven't bought a tee in so long I can't remember the last time. I find them littering the tee boxes of every course I play at. I just pick them up. I usually start a round with 3 or 4 in my pocket... by the time I put stuff away at the end of the round I always have more than a dozen. I rarely break one... sometimes just chip the top, but it takes a lot of drives to do even that much damage. When that happens I save it to use for an iron shot on a par 3, then leave it there.

I may never have to buy another tee in my life....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I buy a bulk bag for use for my driver and irons. I'm starting to get annoyed with my playing buddies who use the zero friction or brush tees since they cost more, after they tee off they go in search of them if they fly in weird directions that takes up time.

With my cheap-o bulk bag, if I lose one tee it's only like a penny each.
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

I like to buy in bulk packages because I play alot during the week. I'm on the team at my highschool and we have matches and practices during the week so it lasts for a pretty long time. I think I buy them in like 200 packs. But I would say if you play alot like 3-5 times a week you should buy in bulk packages just so your not in the proshop all the time buying packs of tees.

Whats in my bag?

Driver:R7 425 TP 9.5*
Woods:R7 Ti Fairway Woods (3 & 5)
Irons: RAC MB TP Forged Blades (3-PW)Wedges: Forged Wedges 56* and 60*Putter: Studio Style PutterBalls: ONE BlackWhat I WearGlove: ReactShoes: Adidas Powerband"You've gotta want it. You've gotta want it more than everybody...

I buy tee's in bulk also. Use the 3 1/4" for driver & short ones for everything else. I either break them off or just leave them in the ground for the next guy to use.

Bulk white 2-3/4" tees. I don't mind grabbing a broken one for a par 3, but I hate needing to scrounge.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

• 4 years later...

I buy white tees in bulk, so that I can customize them for the fun of it with spray paint..I love bright light pink the best.. (yes, I'm a big supporter of breast cancer research)  and I pick up tees all the time that are left behind by others.. It's amazing how many golfers do that..

In 30 to 40 years of playing this game, I cannot remember ever purchasing tees.  I'm sure I must have early on, but don't remember.  As I pick up my own tee after a drive, I quite often spy one or two more good tees laying right on the tee box.  I'll pick them up.  Every few months, I need to clean out my "tee pouch" because it gets way too full.  I have a box in the basement that probably has 5,000 tees in it I've accumulated over the years.  At my age, the chance of ever using up those tees is pretty slim!!!  :>)

"We have the first tee time on Saturday and Sunday at our course.  We find quite a few "lost balls" from the evening before.  Have a couple of 5-gallon buckets in the front of our cart shed and the basket behind the cart seat remains well over half full.  The question often comes up, "Why would you even stop to pick up a ball when you've got so many that may never see use?"  I don't know the answer, except it's difficult to drive by a "found ball" just as it's difficult to walk off and not pick up perfectly good tees.  One of these days, I'll probably star on a "hoarder" reality show, surrounded by beat up Molitors, TiTechs, Flying Ladys, and bushel baskets of golf tees!!

I used to scrounge broken tees for use on par 3's and iron shots off the tee, but I thought, "why bother with a broken tee?"  A bag of 500 2 1/4" tees is about $7.  Those 3 1/4" zero friction tees are too flimsy.  I like a nice, unchipped, white or natural wooden tee that wont bend when I try and stick it in the ground.

But I do buy used golf balls from the groundscrew at our course.

Occam's razor

I'm on my second bag of 150 in two months,i practise a lot,i usually break them all with iron shots,question,why are they now all wooden??,when i was playing eons ago they were plastic and more or less indestructable,i much prefer those but they have to be white as i'm colour blind and cant see orange/brown/green ones {mingles with the grass}

Bulk. ANY color except white.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I bought a thousand "corn" tees off ebay for $20 at the time I had no idea they would last the way they do I play a round and use 1 tee.....I give them away by the hand fulls and still have enough for the next three seasons

I love me my frogger mini tees. They're like 1 1/8" orange bamboo and are perfect for irons. They're sharp and really smooth, great quality. Never broken one, they just don't have the length to absorb any force.  The only trouble is that orange is hard for me to pick out from any distance so I lose them at times. I have played a full round using them on every tee box and didn't lose one though.

I also use those 4 yards more tees, they never break and are easy to see, so I still have all 4. They can be a bit tough to stick in the ground on firm teeboxes, and I think they tee it up at an awkward height; the long ones are too high for me and they're not that adjustable, and the shortest ones are too high for anything but a deep faced wood.

OP: buy like 5000 tees and be done with it. Even the cheapest, most basic tees in the world will work. Just put 50 in your bag and a handful in your pocket. It will likely last you over a few years even if you play a lot, and virtually forever if you get an unbreakable couple of tees just for the driver. Buying a couple at the course is a waste of money, you get like 10 cents per tee instead of 2 cents.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!