IGNORED

My Swing (summerhunter726)

summerhunter726
Note: This thread is 3343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Unless the camera is directly behind the golfer it is very hard to exactly tell were they are aiming. Also, he is aiming were he wants with an intended shot in mind. so I would say no he isn't aiming too right or too left. He's aiming were he wants to help produce the shot he wants.

Also, aiming the body and hitting golf shots is very individualistic. You can get golfers like Lee Travino who aimed way left, but hit big pushes. You can get golfers who aim right and hit pull fades. You can have Tiger who aimed right to hit a cut, or aimed left a big and hit a hook. It all depends on their swing and what they like to do. Basically, alignment has some influence on shots, but what is more important is understanding swing path and face angles.

There is no one exact way to hit these shots Tiger is hitting in terms of set up and shot shape.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well earlier i asked if they aim a good amount left or right when trying to hit certain shots and someone said that they didnt but in these videos he looks aimed pretty far right and left to hit his fade and his low draw. I put those two videos up because the camera is directly behind him into relationship with the green and fairway.

Well earlier i asked if they aim a good amount left or right when trying to hit certain shots and someone said that they didnt but in these videos he looks aimed pretty far right and left to hit his fade and his low draw. I put those two videos up because the camera is directly behind him into relationship with the green and fairway.

You are confusing one player as the standard for what every one does. Compare what you are asking.

"If they aim a good amount left or right" versus "these videos he looks aimed"

If you look at all PGA Tour players, there is no standard for hitting fades or draws. Some players hit push fades, pull fades, straight fades with a different setups. Some hit pull draws, push draws, straight draws with different set ups. Some hit fades and draws from the same set up. Just depends on the golfer and what they like to do. Just goes to show you how little set up matters. Set up is not a fundamental in golf. It can have small influences on the golf swing and some some slight general trends. Besides that, golfers can hit a multitude of shots from all different sorts of set up positions.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Well i meant do some golfers do that. I just used him because hes one of the best to ever play. Sorry for the confusion i didnt mean do all do that

I would do what works for you. No need to copy golfers if it doesn't work for your swing. If you can comfortably hit a consistent draw or fade with a consistent set up then hit that shot all the time.

What matters more is being very good at one shot that produces consistent results you want.  95% of the time you want to hit one shot shape. Unless you are forced to go under a tree or around an obstacle there is no need to really shape shots left and right all the time.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Did you see my above statement about hitting off mats? Do you have any insight on that and does that make sense to you? Because i wanted to practice a fade but it wasnt really working for me when hitting off the mats

Mats can effect the ball flight, more with spin rates, launch angles. Not really on left and right curve. I've snapped hooked golf balls off a mat before. Mats can give some leeway on mishits as well. You can duff a shot on a mat and end up hitting a decent shot, when that might be a very fat shot on the course.

I doubt mats effects the curve of the ball like that. I would say it is more feel thing with your swing.

If it is bothering your practice than don't practice on mats. Don't do something that has a negative impact on your swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Okay, look…

1. Give up on the idea of working the ball. Develop a pattern. 95% of great golfers play the same shape 95% of the time.
  2. Stop searching so much. Find your priority piece and begin working on that like a stupid monkey .
  3. When you find that, trust it and work on it, and realize it will take a long time to change the picture .
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Okay, look…

Give up on the idea of working the ball. Develop a pattern. 95% of great golfers play the same shape 95% of the time.

Stop searching so much. Find your priority piece and begin working on that like a stupid monkey.

When you find that, trust it and work on it, and realize it will take a long time to change the picture.

QFT @summerhunter726

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I dont have a problem working the ball. I was simply asking if some of the pros aim certain ways like far to the left or right to hit certain shots. Ive never been to a pro event, and you cant really tell on tv because of angles and things like that. I am finding a shot shape i want to hit mostly

Okay so i attatched a video and 2 pictures at the bottom. The swing in the video im trying to get the shaft of the club my even with my shoulder line on the downswing. My buddy says i was too steep coming down before. My last picture of me in the white is my regular downswing and the shaft does look a little verticle. Let me know your thoughts. I will continue to work on letting my arms drop more in the downswing if that looks like the better swing . [Video]http://youtu.be/Sl4eD7TgT6M[/video]

• Administrator

The picture in the white was also a fade swing, my regular swing is just a little lower than that

Practice swings aren't worth a bunch. Swings indoors at nothing are worth even less.

I recommend you get some good camera views and answer the questions in the first few posts: what's your miss, what's your contact like, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Oksy so im a fast swinger and strong hitter. I want to lower my ball flight and want to know the best iron shafts and faces to do that. I currently have mizuno mp4 irons with x100 .

X200/300?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Oksy so im a fast swinger and strong hitter. I want to lower my ball flight and want to know the best iron shafts and faces to do that. I currently have mizuno mp4 irons with x100 .

Is your launch angle too high or is your spin rate too high (ballooning the ball). Pros hit their long and mid irons pretty high.

In terms of equipment you're basically using the right stuff to hit the ball the lowest, next step would be to tip the shafts.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!