IGNORED

Erin Hills 2015

cipher
Note: This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 10th would work for me. I usually play from the championship tees at my home course, though it's considerably shorter than 7800 yds lol... I did play from the championship tees at the Irish course at Whistling and played very well overall considering. But it doesn't matter to me. I'm all about enjoying the experience.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joined this group (Wisconsin) just so that I can post this. :-) .  My laptop screen saver was an Erin Hills photograph for months last year!

It has been a few years since I played Blackwolf Run and have always wanted to go back to Wisconsin to play more. I plan two 'fly' trips a year. If I don't make the TST Newport Cup team (considering my HCP, and others in running, very little chance), then I would love to fly to this one if the group would have me. Of course can't commit till TST Newport Cup team is picked. Certainly understand if spots closed by then.

Man this place seems like two steps to heaven!

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The 10th would work for me. I usually play from the championship tees at my home course, though it's considerably shorter than 7800 yds lol... I did play from the championship tees at the Irish course at Whistling and played very well overall considering. But it doesn't matter to me. I'm all about enjoying the experience.

Great!  I am getting pretty excited about this.  I have been wanting to play Erin for years.

I recognize your profile pic.  I played the Irish and the Straits last year and absolutely loved it!

Joined this group (Wisconsin) just so that I can post this. .  My laptop screen saver was an Erin Hills photograph for months last year!

It has been a few years since I played Blackwolf Run and have always wanted to go back to Wisconsin to play more. I plan two 'fly' trips a year. If I don't make the TST Newport Cup team (considering my HCP, and others in running, very little chance), then I would love to fly to this one if the group would have me. Of course can't commit till TST Newport Cup team is picked. Certainly understand if spots closed by then.

Man this place seems like two steps to heaven!

Very cool, glad you joined.  And the group is all about anyone who is interested in playing here as well.  We would love to have you come play at Erin with us if it all works out.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

If we play the day before somewhere my vote is we take a cart. There is no way my out of shape a$$ would be able to walk 18 two days in a row. I don't know if I'll even be able to make Erin it's 8 miles up and down hills.

Two of my favorite pics

I can see why!

If we play the day before somewhere my vote is we take a cart. There is no way my out of shape a$$ would be able to walk 18 two days in a row. I don't know if I'll even be able to make Erin it's 8 miles up and down hills.

Nate

Here you go:

Nate

Considering we have a few people that can make the 10th of August, I think we should make that the official date.  I will look to set tee times probably near the first part of April.

Nate

How early are you planning to go on 10th of August? I will be at a concert at Alpine the evening of the 9th so if you want to play Erin in the morning I will have to pass. Luckily I've played it before so not a problem...

Here you go:

Thank you Nate!!!!!

BTW I am in regardless of TST NC team selection outcome. More I thought about it more I realized that I simply have to play!

Vishal S.

Thank you Nate!!!!! BTW I am in regardless of TST NC team selection outcome. More I thought about it more I realized that I simply have to play!

I agree that will be a lot more fun then play 18 at a course in your home state.

How early are you planning to go on 10th of August? I will be at a concert at Alpine the evening of the 9th so if you want to play Erin in the morning I will have to pass. Luckily I've played it before so not a problem...

I think we will have to do it at 10am with a number of guys needed to travel later that day or catch flights.  Sorry Cedric.  I hope you can make it still, otherwise I really am looking forward to being your team mate at the Newport Cup.

Thank you Nate!!!!!

BTW I am in regardless of TST NC team selection outcome. More I thought about it more I realized that I simply have to play!

Great!  I am excited to have you come out here.

@Jakester23 , @sigfan2340 , @GolfLug , @iacas , @99prblms , @cedrictheo , PLEASE SEE THIS:

I wanted to make sure that the 10th was actually open for play and that they did not have any events, so I just called Erin Hills.  I was able to reserve back to back tentative tee times for August 10th at 10:00am and 10;12am.  We can finalize who is actually coming and I will call them back with a final head count in early April hopefully.  I have until about a week before the actual round to make any changes.  They will also want to know if we are going to use caddies.  When you let me know for sure that you can make it, please also let me know if you would like a caddy.  The fee for the caddy is $55 per player and a recommended additional $55 tip.  If you don't want a caddy, know that you cannot take an electric cart, nor can you use a pull/push cart.  You will have to carry your clubs.

Also I will set up a round of golf for us on Sunday the 9th, in the afternoon(diner afterwards) as well.  Do you guys want to play my home club or where would you like to play? My home club is reasonable, not an overly spectacular design or anything, but the course conditions are great and the greens would prepare you for what Erin's might be like.  We can go anywhere you guys want.  Except the Straits, don't think I can swing that this year. ;-)

Nate

I think we will have to do it at 10am with a number of guys needed to travel later that day or catch flights.  Sorry Cedric.  I hope you can make it still, otherwise I really am looking forward to being your team mate at the Newport Cup. Great!  I am excited to have you come out here.   [rule] @Jakester23 , @sigfan2340 , @GolfLug , @iacas , @99prblms , @cedrictheo , PLEASE SEE THIS: I wanted to make sure that the 10th was actually open for play and that they did not have any events, so I just called Erin Hills.  I was able to reserve back to back tentative tee times for August 10th at 10:00am and 10;12am.  We can finalize who is actually coming and I will call them back with a final head count in early April hopefully.  I have until about a week before the actual round to make any changes.  They will also want to know if we are going to use caddies.  When you let me know for sure that you can make it, please also let me know if you would like a caddy.  The fee for the caddy is $55 per player and a recommended additional $55 tip.  If you don't want a caddy, know that you cannot take an electric cart, nor can you use a pull/push cart.  You will have to carry your clubs. Also I will set up a round of golf for us on Sunday the 9th, in the afternoon(diner afterwards) as well.  Do you guys want to play my home [URL=http://www.watertowncc.com/]club[/URL] or where would you like to play? My home club is reasonable, not an overly spectacular design or anything, but the course conditions are great and the greens would prepare you for what Erin's might be like.  We can go anywhere you guys want.  Except the Straits, don't think I can swing that this year.  ;-)

I'm in for sure...I have no problem carrying my own clubs but will probably opt for a caddie if that's what the majority does.

I'm in for sure...I have no problem carrying my own clubs but will probably opt for a caddie if that's what the majority does.

Awesome! I am guessing most guys won't go with a caddy.  No pressure on anyone to use a caddy btw.  Obviously the course would prefer it, but let's be honest, they are already getting plenty of our money.  ;-)

So our for sure guys thus far are:

@cipher

@99prblms

@Jakester23

@GolfLug

Nate

Awesome! I am guessing most guys won't go with a caddy.  No pressure on anyone to use a caddy btw.  Obviously the course would prefer it, but let's be honest, they are already getting plenty of our money.  ;-)

So our for sure guys thus far are:

@cipher

@99prblms

@Jakester23

@GolfLug

I will opt to not have a caddy. It would be nice but I am already at $800 plus so while I think a caddy might help take off 4-5 shots on greens like this, another $110 might be a little too much indulgence.

BTW would the group consider playing at about 3 pm on Sunday? It would allow me to get in at 12:30 pm. Almost $100 less compared to flying in at10:30 am. Need about 2 hours after I arrive to get out of MKE airport and get anywhere we would play. I think daylight till almost 8:30 - 9 pm in August.

I would not mind playing your home course at all.

Vishal S.

I will opt to not have a caddy. It would be nice but I am already at $800 plus so while I think a caddy might help take off 4-5 shots on greens like this, another $110 might be a little too much indulgence.

BTW would the group consider playing at about 3 pm on Sunday? It would allow me to get in at 12:30 pm. Almost $100 less compared to flying in at10:30 am. Need about 2 hours after I arrive to get out of MKE airport and get anywhere we would play. I think daylight till almost 8:30 - 9 pm in August.

I would not mind playing your home course at all

It will probably just be one group going out Sunday afternoon I am guessing, but yeah I am sure we can make the tee time a little later. Also I will PM you, you probably won't need to rent a car.

Nate

• 3 weeks later...
So our for sure guys thus far are: @cipher @99prblms @Jakester23 @GolfLug

Sometime in the next couple weeks I would like to finalize this. If anyone else would like to join just let me know. We have one group so far confirmed. As of right now I have tee times reserved for Monday August 10th at 10:00 am and 10:12 am. I am also working on getting a round put together for those who would like on Sunday afternoon.

Nate

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!