IGNORED

Need Help Picking A Golf Analyzer

Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Zepp or Swingtalk Golf Analyzer?

• Zepp
    • Swingtalk

Hello everyone, hope you are having a good day! I need help finding a golf analyzer, I have 2 in mind, either the Zepp or the Swingtalk. I love Zepp's app but people say the analyzer isn't that accurate. I also like Swingtalk's app but not as much as the Zepp, but I hear it's the most accurate type of golf analyzer but it's new and there is almost no info on it. Any help would be nice :-) . Have a good day.

I just got a zepp recently and I like it, I can't tell how accurate it is as I've not been able to compare it with anything, and I only bought it because it was half price, (£65 instead of £125) but it does give you some insight as to what is going on in your swing, I've started doing doing practise swings in the garden using it, and I've taken it to the range, I believe my swing planes and tempo has improved a bit because of it, but as for it's accuracy, I don't believe it's deadly accurate, as I don't with most gadgets, but i believe it gives you a ball park figure. I've never even heard of swingtalk, so I couldn't comment on that one

Gaz Lee

I'm very interested in the SwingTalk but am hesitant to pull the trigger without some personal testimony from somebody.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As ElMachoGolf has stated, SwingTalk and 3Bays GSA are similar in the raw data that is fed back to the golfer but the 3Bays does not have voice feedback. SwingTalk (according to the video I watched on YouTube) does not tell you the carry distance like the 3Bays does. The 3Bays also shows you follow through on the animation and only costs $200 or less on Amazon.com. I did a more extensive review in another thread of both the 3Bays and of the SkyPro.

The advantage the 3Bays has is the feedback on carry distance. No other product will give you both Golf Swing Analysis and carry distance in this price range.

My buddy owns the 3Bays GSA. I own the SkyPro (no voice feedback). SwingTalk (according to the video I watched on YouTube) appears to save a swing to let you compare future swings to it. SkyPro has a groove mode that allows you to rehearse a swing you like and tells you how close (or not) you are to reproducing that swing.  So you can groove YOUR swing to a swing that YOU produced instead of the recommended swing the golf instructors are preaching.

Please YouTube both the 3Bays GSA and the SkyPro and freeze frame the raw data screens. All three of these products (referencing SwingTalk) give the same raw data with a couple of major differences. I have found that producing a swing with predictable carry distance is the most beneficial, so I would recommend my buddies 3Bays GSA. No my SkyPro is not for sale as it is a great product for helping me to reproduce my better swings. I bought an ES12 for distance feedback.

***NOTE*** 3Bays GSA is calculating distance based on club selection and swing speed and other variables. This can be tweaked. It has no idea of how windy it is, or how much you shanked your last shot. It IS NOT a launch monitor. 3Bays GSA has separate models for Android and iOS.

Good Luck!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I just bought SwingTalk and love it. It made me realize how flat my swing was and has not only helped with distance, but also accuracy. I think there are a lot of unnecessary stats for a player of my caliber, but for a lower handicap it may be beneficial. Here are two screen shots from a swing of mine compared to a pro. Mine is the (blue) and pro is (red). My takeaway is too inside, very flat and backswing is excessive. After seeing this I was able to take my club more out, create a better arc by swinging steeper and shortening my backswing. I've only had it a couple of days, but my initial thoughts are for $150 I think everyone can gain something from it.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

Thank you.  I've been hesitant about pulling the trigger but would love to have one.   Looking forward to your review.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!