IGNORED

How often do you replace your golf books?

Note: This thread is 3285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've gone through a small library of golf books in 40 yrs.  Now have only a very few which i picked up at a yard sale.  Don't know if i would ever again pay full price for a golf book.

What about U?  Are you reading and replacing your golf books?

Am reading Sieckmann's book, ebook actually and read LSW but more and more for me now, it's video. Lots of swings out there plus lessons and analysis. Video can be deceiving but less so than words or pictures. I'll buy a book if it's good, but I feel like I get more out of watching than reading now. I'm guessing the next step after video is 3D. And I'm tired of books like Clampett's where pretty much all you get is aim in front of the ball, come to my clinics. Bah.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in the process of getting a bunch of books from my shelf and storage that I'll be donating to a library to make space. I'll probably put some golf books in there -- I remember buying, for example, Corey Pavin's book on shot shaping many years ago (used for cheap) because I thought it'd be useful to help me get to the next level. Now I look at it and know how much of the information in it is wrong.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I stopped buying books after 5th.   I've only read one book cover to cover, 3 times.  The rest?  I am embarrassed to admit I have not even come close to reading any of them cover to cover.    I vowed to not buy another book until I read the ones I have already.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I don't replace them, I try new ones.  Some are great, some stink.  The good ones I keep, the bad ones I donate.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!