IGNORED

Brand Of Clothing You Wear on the Course

nykfan4life
Note: This thread is 5983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I mostly wear Nike Dri-Fit shirts. Most of them are have that footbal jersey type mesh look. Have one TW Dri-Fit as well when we play on the nicer courses here. Also have a few adidas ClimaCool shirts. It's pretty warm all year around here in Hawaii, so need to stay cool. As for shorts, wear non-golf brand shorts with cargo side pockets (for the tees).

FT-i 9.5* Speeder 686 Stiff
906F2 15* UST Proforce V2 75 Stiff
3DX Ironwood 17* & 20* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
MX-20 4-PW Dynamic Gold Lite S300
Vokey Oil Can 52* & 56*Yes Tiffany 34"

Under Armour and Adidas shirts for me. I don't own any golf specific pants. I also really like UA's golf socks and compression shorts.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

• 2 weeks later...
Polos are either Nike DriFit or Adidas ClimaCool. I love the microfiber stuff. I wear microfiber shorts as well. Name does not matter to me on the shorts as there is no logo showing. I have a pair of Haggar, but I also have three pairs of the George (WalMart) brand.

I have an Adidas quarter zip ClimaProof pullover that is great. It keeps you dry and does a decent job with the wind.

Hat is either Nike or Titleist.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Nautica makes some really nice golf polos with side vents.

Summer time I'll wear khakis from either the Gap or Banana Republic. I like the bootcut look and both are really affordable.

Fall/Winter/Early Spring-Flat front cotton cords. Again, Gap/Banana Republic. Golf Jacket/Windbreaker from Ashworth/Callaway.

I live pretty close to a shopping outlet and they have a couple of Golf specific shops. Pretty cool to be saving 45-65%.

As for shoes, what do you guys wear? Nike makes a really comfortable Air Max shoe.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Never had a Polo Golf piece of clothinh that I don't like. Love FJ gortex jacket and actually all other FJ stuff...got to be FJ shoes too!

Driver: Titleist 905S 8.5 Fuji Fit-on 11 Pro-95
3 Wood: Titleist 980F Fuji Speeder
5 Wood: Titleist 904F Fuji Speeder
Irons: Ping i-5 Black Dot
Wedges: 54 and 58 degree Cleveland 900 Gun MetalPutter: 35" White Hot Half Mallet (#4)Back up bag:Mizuno T-zoid ProTitleist K and D Divers

I don't fit any mens golf apperal, so I usualy wear a pair of jr. dockers pants, or some shorts, and an AE polo shirt, along with some Nike SP-5's

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Nike. Izod Golf pants.
In My Bag:

Driver: Fusion FT-i, Neutral, 10° Stiff
3-wood: 1200 LT, 15° Metal
5-wood: 1200 LT, 17° MetalUtility: Ignite 3HIrons: Ignite 3-PWWedges: Black Pearl SW 56°Putter: :Slazenger circa 90'Ball: Pro V1x

I wear pretty much whatever my mum buys me.... Mainly JAY-JAYS its like a cheap australian shop
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

• Administrator
I live near an IZOD factory outlet, so, primarily IZOD. I have some other brands mixed in too - a Greg Norman here, an Ashworth there - but really I don't care what brand of clothing it is so long as it looks okay and is comfortable.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't have any golf specific clothes, i can't stand that polyester garbage, most of my shirts are Polo or Lacoste, and i wear dockers too. Also have some clothes from brooks brothers, a brooks brothers belt and footjoy shoes.

yeah, i don't really have any of those high-tech dri-fit type polos, just standard cotton for me. I want to try some, but have heard the cheaper kind are extremely cheap and the expensive ones(like the ones you are talking about) are extremely nice. I plan to try some one day when my checkbook can handle it.

Dude, these new blends of shirts are way better than cotton in extreme heat. Buy at least one so you can wear it next summer: well worth it. I get them at cost due to work, and have no brand affiliation whatsoever.

Antigua. Addias. FJ. Tehama. Ashworth has a performance line of material out, too. In moderate temps, cotton no problem.

I like Zero Restriction outerwear that you can find on ebay. I also like Mizuno Thermo mock inner wear. I also have Mizuno performance jacket with sleeves that are removable.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I wear Dockers shirts and pants both at work and on the course. I'm all for looking nice, but I am not interested in paying $60+ for a polo shirt. I'll save my money for clubs (see signature)! I did just order a Ping windshirt with removable sleeves and figure to get about a decade's worth of use out of it since we don't have much cold weather in SoCal.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

• 2 weeks later...
I usually rock RL or Nike Polo's since that's what I wear off of the golf course. I can't afford to pay for golf gear and casual seperately...so i have to combine the two. You can't go wrong with Ralph Lauren though.

Driver: r7 9.5*
3 Wood: xxI0
4 Wood: V steel
Irons: i-403
PW: : 56* chrome wedgeSW: 53* tour seriesPutter: scotty cameron Newport twoBalls: ProV-1Bag: Hoofer stand bag

I'm not concerned about brands. As long as the item is neat and sports no large logos, I'm game.

To my eye, Pringle or Lyle & Scott look best.

In 2008, I'll wear a necktie on course at least for one round. Ties rock.

I read a brief blurb in one of the big golf mags about microfiber stuff. It was saying that regular detergent does not do a good job of getting the odor particles out of the fibers. I have found this to be true. I have several polos and all of the shirts I wear to work are microfiber and there is always a little aroma to them. It's nothing that deodorant can't cover, but it's there.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried any of the Bubba Wear stuff from Steve & Barry's? They have microfiber golf pants and short on sale right now for $8.99. It seems a little thin, but I have bought the WalMart shorts and they have lasted for a couple years with no signs of wear. I have bought other stuff from Steve & Barry's with various results. I have two sweaters that are great quality and have survived wash after wash. I also have one that shrunk two sizes the first time I washed it. This stuff seems too good to be true. I like that their outerwear and shirts do not have big logos. The logos that they do have are often times the same color stitching as the shirt itself.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!