IGNORED

Brand Of Clothing You Wear on the Course

nykfan4life
Note: This thread is 5983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i usually wear dockers and izod golf shirts, i also have 1 or 2 lacoste shirts and polo ralph lauren. I'd really like to be able to afford burberry attire, but i'm on younger and on a tight budget

What do you wear(or would like to wear)?

Adidas pants, Adidas Climacool shirts, and I also have a few Ashworth EZTech shirts, but I'm gradually fading them out...used for mowing the lawn

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I used to be strictly Ralph Lauren polo and Jcrew pants. Now that I work at a club and get PUD (Personal Use Discount) pricing, I've branched out to try new stuff. I really like Adidas ClimaLite the best now. Have a coule pair of Nike pants on the way to try. I still have about 50+ RL polos in my closet though. I'm sure my Adidas collection will get that big some day...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I used to be strictly Ralph Lauren polo and Jcrew pants. Now that I work at a club and get PUD (Personal Use Discount) pricing, I've branched out to try new stuff. I really like Adidas ClimaLite the best now. Have a coule pair of Nike pants on the way to try. I still have about 50+ RL polos

yeah, i don't really have any of those high-tech dri-fit type polos, just standard cotton for me. I want to try some, but have heard the cheaper kind are extremely cheap and the expensive ones(like the ones you are talking about) are extremely nice. I plan to try some one day when my checkbook can handle it.

Are they really all that better than cotton?

i've got some connections in J Crew

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Olive Ron Jon's Surf Shop polo, blue Adidas Climacool polo, beige no-name shorts, or Levi's jeans.

I don't play fancy courses (only 21 years old) and so I don't need a whole wardrobe of fancy stuff. I am looking to try some J. Lindeberg stuff when I do get some more cash flow, the pants look really comfortable.

What's In My Slingshot OSS Bag.

Driver: Sasquatch 460
Fairway: Sasquatch 3-wood
Irons: Idea A2 OS 3-PWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Sand WedgePutter: Melbourne II

Nike Polo and under armour shorts.

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

yeah, i don't really have any of those high-tech dri-fit type polos, just standard cotton for me. I want to try some, but have heard the cheaper kind are extremely cheap and the expensive ones(like the ones you are talking about) are extremely nice. I plan to try some one day when my checkbook can handle it.

Ultimately cotton is the way. That's why I haven't ditched all my RL stuff. Adidas ClimaLite is different from ClimaCool in that CC is 100% polyester, while CL shirts are 65cotton/35poly. The CL shirt that I have is my favorite right now. It is super lightweight with the feel of full cotton. I have one ClimaCool that actually feels really hot in the sun. The other CC ones I have are nice though. Feel like silk almost.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Lindeberg, Puma, Lyle & Scott Vintage...I kinda try and stick to these guys!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

Greg Norman Collection-although I do get a very nice discount

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Puma track pants all the way baby...any collared shirt with Banana Republic sweater over it :)

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Adidas or iZod shirt. My shorts and pants are various brands, neither of which is golf-specific.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nike dri-fit polo shirts and pants or Nautica shorts for the summer. Really like the Nike shirts. I also have a Sun Mountain 1/2 sleeve rain jacket that I usually wear in the rain. For nastier weather I have a gortex Nike storm fit jacket and Macgregor gortex rain pants. I rarely wear the gortex.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

Underarmour polos, vests, and long sleeve shirts. Have a pair of Nike pants but just bought a pair of Underarmour as well. Love the feel and minimum of movement restriction in that brand overall.

In my bag I carry:
Driver: SQ2 Sumo 5900
3W: SQ2 Sumo
Hybrids: SQ2 Sumo 3 Hybrid
Irons: ProStaffPutter: 2 ball Balls: NoodleLearning the game and steadily upgrading equipment. Need to get some wedges next....

• 2 weeks later...
burberry, jlindeberg, or lacoste when its a nice day outside. if its scorching hot, ill wear nike or adidas
In the Bag:
Driver: G10 7.5°; Fujikura 757 Speeder X-Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2 13°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
5 Wood: 906F4 18.5°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Rapture 21°; Aldila VS Proto 80 Shaft X-StiffIrons: MP-60: 4-PW; Dynamic Gold S-400Wedges: Vokey Design Spin Milled: 54°, 60°

Do the nike drifit shirts sleeves come past your elbows like most of the other golf clothes?
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

Do the nike drifit shirts sleeves come past your elbows like most of the other golf clothes?

for nike i only wear the mocks... which come about an inch to an inch and half above my elbow... especially if they're from the tiger woods collection, some of that stuff is getting a little less baggy

In the Bag:
Driver: G10 7.5°; Fujikura 757 Speeder X-Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2 13°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
5 Wood: 906F4 18.5°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Rapture 21°; Aldila VS Proto 80 Shaft X-StiffIrons: MP-60: 4-PW; Dynamic Gold S-400Wedges: Vokey Design Spin Milled: 54°, 60°

j.crew chinos
j.crew/polo polos
and then either this leather belt i got from ae. or various ribbon belts from j.crew

please everyone here tell me you don't wear your stuff super baggy. i cringe whenever (all the time) i see someone wearing a polo that is 13 sizes too big for them where the sleeves go down to their elbow, ideally it should be not too much more than halfway down your upper arm. especially pants too. no need to be baggy as hell. slim is the way to go.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

Note: This thread is 5983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!