IGNORED

2015 John Deere Classic Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That said, it's actually not the only reason nobody cares ... The other reason is what Chris just said - they all do it. Except for maybe Matt Kuchar, they all get frustrated occasionally and it's cuz they're humans.

Kuchar is always dropping jeepers bombs and oh-Mattie's.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ugh have we had a ton of playoffs this year?

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Great sand save by DL. Wonder how that 1 stoke penalty is feeling now?

[quote name="RJH999" url="/t/83087/2015-john-deere-classic-discussion-thread/40_40#post_1167880"] It looks like it might cost him the championship![/quote] Yup. :-(

Riley

And you do know him personally to say otherwise? .

Of course not. But I know that he is clearly not an "act" as you so call it. After winning the Masters and all the massive amounts of media attention and demands that come with it the week following I know he honored his committment to play Harbour Town because he said "i can't leave them hanging I committed". When what did they say no other Masters champ in the last 10 years or more went on to play it? Then after winning the US Open and I'm sure wanting to win The Open more than anything rather than arrive early to get acclimated to the time zone difference and perhaps have a better chance at winning what does this "act" do? Tells John Deere he's honoring his committment and going to tee it up at the John Deere. Is that what an "act" does when trying to pretend he has class?

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

So again I ask. When does his behavior become unacceptable?

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/83087/2015-john-deere-classic-discussion-thread/80_20#post_1167899"] The behavior I've seen? Never.[/quote] Have to agree. Jordan is competitive. He's not screaming f-bombs or throwing clubs. On the spectrum of childish PGA Tour behavior he is definitely (and defiantly) on the mature end of the spectrum.

Kevin

The behavior I've seen? Never.

So age isn't the reason he gets a pass?!? I guess we are back to square one.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

There's nothing to "pass." His behavior is fine. You may be the only one on the planet who has a problem with it.

Kevin

Age was the reason I was giving to remind YOU that you shouldn't worry too much about the stuff you're bothered by. I'm not bothered by anything he does - he seems like a really good ... No, GREAT ... Kid. You seem to be the only one who has a problem and it's you who should be reminded that he's 21.

There's nothing to "pass." His behavior is fine. You may be the only one on the planet who has a problem with it.

But when Tiger or others act up its a big deal. Got it.

Tony  

But when Tiger or others act up its a big deal. Got it.

Tiger screams f-bombs, GDs, and slams clubs. I've never seen Speith do anything like that. And I don't really care about Tiger's behaviors either, but his antics are far worse than Jordan's. This is a dumb conversation anyway. When you win the Masters and U.S. Open back to back, nothing you do on the course is bad.

Kevin

Tiger screams f-bombs, GDs, and slams clubs. I've never seen Speith do anything like that. And I don't really care about Tiger's behaviors either, but his antics are far worse than Jordan's.

So it's strictly that his curse words are "God" and "stupid" that makes it ok? Doesn't intent come into play at all? Or are you only offended by the word itself and not its meaning?

Tony  

So it's strictly that his curse words are "God" and "stupid" that makes it ok? Doesn't intent come into play at all? Or are you only offended by the word itself and not its meaning?

Regardless of the word, the "intent" is "I really didn't like that shot." Even if he said "f you God and your bastard son" the intent is the same. (Unless the person actually intends to have coitus with the supreme being.) The words themselves are the difference. No one has ever been fined for saying "stupid" on live network TV. Although to me it's simply academic. I don't care what Tiger says either so long as he's winning 5 events and a major every year.

Kevin

Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!