IGNORED

Huge 7 iron strike!!

jamiesmith900
Note: This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow! you guys are good. My 4 iron is my 200yd club, lol.

Not good, just a fluke.  4 iron is my 200 yard club as well.  PW is supposed to go about 135.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 7 iron is normally about my 175 yard club but twice this year I have played it from about 200 yards with good results. I also had a 7 iron off the tee end up at 215 yards out. It was a short hole that I was playing safe (league play) and ended up right on the edge of a sand trap which the GPS on the tee showed as 215 out. The fairway was a bit hard and it surprise me how close I came to going in.

Not good, just a fluke.  4 iron is my 200 yard club as well.  PW is supposed to go about 135.

I hit the ball so dang high with my PW. I'm more in the 120 range. When I was younger I could hit my 7 iron 170 but, those days are long gone.

Lol I know what I saw and hit... I play titleist ap2 714 with kbs xs shafts please don't call me an Internet golfer! You insult me profusely lol!! Mr internet golfer!

Big Hitter, the Llama is...

I hit a 5 hybrid 270 once to a green :w00t: ... must have hit two sprinkler heads... :-$ and rolled on baked, tight fairways from a flyer lie.

I guess the question is whether you hit it consistently straight for 200...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Hi all played again tonight and consistently hit my 7 iron 175-180 so 200 was a flier my 8 iron was best club tonight 160-165 lovely flight pitch struck 140-145 played really good very happy at the minutr

Hi all played again tonight and consistently hit my 7 iron 175-180 so 200 was a flier my 8 iron was best club tonight 160-165 lovely flight pitch struck 140-145 played really good very happy at the minutr

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Nice, so the 200 was not that much of an outlier after all.

Depends on your definition of an outlier...

If I hit my 7 iron 155 and it goes 180 on a par 3, I've probably got a lost ball (into the woods behind the hole) or into a tightly mowed valley, or 3 inch rough.

That's an outlier in my book.

But books are different.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Depends on your definition of an outlier...

If I hit my 7 iron 155 and it goes 180 on a par 3, I've probably got a lost ball (into the woods behind the hole) or into a tightly mowed valley, or 3 inch rough.

That's an outlier in my book.

But books are different.

I was thinking total distance for some reason. Yeah, carry would be pretty dramatic.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/83215/huge-7-iron-strike#post_1168981"] Nice, so the 200 was not that much of an outlier after all. [/quote] Yeah thanks I am striking my irons very good nice high long flight like a sort of Rory shot slight draw so added distance

Yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Yeah thanks I am striking my irons very good nice high long flight like a sort of Rory shot slight draw so added distance

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yeah it's very fast that's why I've got kbs xs shafts, I feel comfortable hitting any club in bag I don't carry driver I hit my 5 iron off all long holes tonight and had great results

That's happened to me many times. Especially when I've had adrenaline going then I've hit my irons insane distances. As you become better and play more you'll learn that golf is really about controlling your distances. It's hard to score when you don't know if you're 7 iron is going to go 170 or 190. Hell I'd rather hit my 7 iron 165 every time than hit it 185 then 170.

That's happened to me many times. Especially when I've had adrenaline going then I've hit my irons insane distances. As you become better and play more you'll learn that golf is really about controlling your distances. It's hard to score when you don't know if you're 7 iron is going to go 170 or 190. Hell I'd rather hit my 7 iron 165 every time than hit it 185 then 170.

Welcome to this site.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Welcome Patrick!

Note: This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!