IGNORED

You hit your ball into someone's front/back yard... Do you retrieve your golf ball?

boil3rmak3r
Note: This thread is 1383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. You hit your golf ball into someone's front/back yard... Do you retrieve your golf ball?

• 1. Never - It is private property and I never step foot onto other's lawns
    • 2. It depends - If it's only a little ways into their lawn, I'll go get it really quickly
    • 3. Virtually always - I'll almost always go get it (well, unless it broke their window...)

No state allows you to just shoot someone for simply being on their property.

Ummm.. He is on a golf course right? How about this... "Yeah, the guy was like ummm, crazy.. He was yelling something about his ball and how e will beat the living ***t out of me if I didn't let him play it off my yard, and I warned him that I had a gun and he just came at me like a mad man when I shot him.. I was scared for my life" Yeah, that oughta do it

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ummm.. He is on a golf course right? How about this... "Yeah, the guy was like ummm, crazy.. He was yelling something about his ball and how e will beat the living ***t out of me if I didn't let him play it off my yard, and I warned him that I had a gun and he just came at me like a mad man when I shot him.. I was scared for my life"

Yeah, that oughta do it

Something like "What the F do you think you are doing? You hit your first F'in shot that far offline and now think you can manage to hit it OVER a F'in Cadillac to get to the green? I know you didn't F'in miss the big F'in O/B signs and foot wide burn mark showing the F'in out of bounds. Take your F'in ball back on the F'in course and then F'in hit the F'in thing. You F'in meathead". Something like that.

That's pretty mild all things considered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubble

vote 3 cause encounters of a sexual nature with a very nice looking cougar remodeled by doctors kind could be made in my corner. plenty of those around golf courses here.

If not maybe their daughters...

plus I would like to know if damage has been made, we are insured for this and I personally need to be responsible for this and not run away.

Finally if you buy a house near a course you probably know what can happen so no problem.

If Ilived in the US though I would prefer ringing the bell to avoid being shot at for tress passing thing.

No state allows you to just shoot someone for simply being on their property.

No but some unscrupulous individuals could make something up and plant a knife on the trespasser or something. . .or you could end up in a sausage. :yucky:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No but some unscrupulous individuals could make something up and plant a knife on the trespasser or something. . .or you could end up in a sausage.

An old friend of mine has a concealed carry permit and he always had a couple of switch blades as well, he said it was in case he ever needed to shoot someone and then to make sure there were no questions he could put the knife on them.  I thought that was a really weird thing to think being that he is not a cop on the force and all.

An old friend of mine has a concealed carry permit and he always had a couple of switch blades as well, he said it was in case he ever needed to shoot someone and then to make sure there were no questions he could put the knife on them.  I thought that was a really weird thing to think being that he is not a cop on the force and all.

Does he have a mullet and wear a wife beater?

I guess I grew up in a different time and place from some. It's just a yard, people. If you want to keep people out, put up a fence. Simple as that. If there is no fence, why would you mind if someone walked onto your grass to pick up an item of theirs?

What if your drunk buddy threw a beer can in a yard as you were driving by? Would you stop and make him pick it up, or pick it up yourself, or leave it there because you can't 'trespass' on someones lawn? Littering vs. trespassing, which trumps which? Seems kind of silly.

If there is no fence, I will go get my ball. I won't go poking through bushes or flowers, nor will I touch their belongings. But I will walk onto their property and pick up my property. The talk about "trespassing", or holding up the game, or it's only a $.75 TopFlite are just red herrings. If a house has a property line along an OB line, they have to expect some foot traffic. I'd like to see documentation on a court case where a person was arrested and charged with trespassing for stepping into someones yard. I also don't believe the 20-30 people a day comment. If that is so, you really made a bad housing choice.

• Upvote 1

I guess I grew up in a different time and place from some. It's just a yard, people. If you want to keep people out, put up a fence. Simple as that. If there is no fence, why would you mind if someone walked onto your grass to pick up an item of theirs?  What if your drunk buddy threw a beer can in a yard as you were driving by? Would you stop and make him pick it up, or pick it up yourself, or leave it there because you can't 'trespass' on someones lawn? Littering vs. trespassing, which trumps which? Seems kind of silly.  If there is no fence, I will go get my ball. I won't go poking through bushes or flowers, nor will I touch their belongings. But I will walk onto their property and pick up my property. The talk about "trespassing", or holding up the game, or it's only a $.75 TopFlite are just red herrings. If a house has a property line along an OB line, they have to expect some foot traffic. I'd like to see documentation on a court case where a person was arrested and charged with trespassing for stepping into someones yard. I also don't believe the 20-30 people a day comment. If that is so, you really made a bad housing choice.

It's really very silly isn't it? I think these people have watched too many legal shows through the years.

I guess I grew up in a different time and place from some. It's just a yard, people. If you want to keep people out, put up a fence. Simple as that. If there is no fence, why would you mind if someone walked onto your grass to pick up an item of theirs?

What if your drunk buddy threw a beer can in a yard as you were driving by? Would you stop and make him pick it up, or pick it up yourself, or leave it there because you can't 'trespass' on someones lawn? Littering vs. trespassing, which trumps which? Seems kind of silly.

If there is no fence, I will go get my ball. I won't go poking through bushes or flowers, nor will I touch their belongings. But I will walk onto their property and pick up my property. The talk about "trespassing", or holding up the game, or it's only a $.75 TopFlite are just red herrings. If a house has a property line along an OB line, they have to expect some foot traffic. I'd like to see documentation on a court case where a person was arrested and charged with trespassing for stepping into someones yard. I also don't believe the 20-30 people a day comment. If that is so, you really made a bad housing choice.

I think you should take this analogy one step further.  What if your dog takes a nice big steaming dump on my lawn?  Of course I want you to pick it up, please, by all means, and take it with you.  I watched the dog of my partners neighbor take a nice big dump on his lawn when we were picking him up for lunch the other day.  My wife was in her car and she and I looked at each other and started busting up.  Partner thought it was funny too when I texted him we are here and your neighbors dog just took a huge shit on your lawn.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...
Guest smd

I live on a course and I would prefer you stay off of my property. If you see the home owner ask permission. I never say no if they ask. I've had people drive the cart through my yard to get a ball. As I type this one golfer hit a half full soda can into my back yard. When I said to him to go pick it up he did . Guess he didn't see me standing here.

Note: This thread is 1383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!