IGNORED

2015 Solheim Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015 Solheim Cup?

• USA
    • Europe

Bit of gamesmanship going on here?

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/tears-tension-after-match-ends-controversy/

Quote:

ST. LEON-ROT, Germany – The Solheim Cup ’s resumption of suspended fourballs ended in tears, controversy and confusion Sunday morning.

Europe took a 10-6 lead on the United States into Sunday singles amid emotional upheaval in the team ranks on both sides.

American Alison Lee and Europe’s Suzann Pettersen were at the heart of the controversy after Lee scooped up an 18-inch putt for par at the 17th hole thinking she heard the Europeans say it was conceded as the European caddies and players were walking away before she putted out. The putt would have halved the hole and kept the match square going to the final hole.

Because the putt wasn’t actually conceded, the Americans lost the hole and went on to lose the match and a vital point.

“It’s just B.S as far as I’m concerned,” U.S. captain Juli Inkster said.

The controversy spilled into the start of Sunday singles with the captains giving their takes on the issue at the first tee as players teed off for the final session.

“It’s just not right,” Inkster said. “It puts a damper on the whole thing.”

Lee had 8 feet for a birdie at the 17th and missed it, leaving herself 18 inches for par. Believing the putt was conceded, Lee scooped up her ball with her putter head and grabbed it. Europe’s Charley Hull and both caddies in Lee’s line of sight walked away before she did so, as if the putt were conceded. After she picked up, even the referee was heard saying: “The hole is halved in four.”

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Melissa Reid was fun to watch this Cup.

3-0-1. Impressive.

12.5 -7.5 now. Europe big lead.

But....

US is up in 7 of the 8 left on the course (up by 2 or more for 6 of them!)

Europe up in only 1. C'mon Stacy Lewis!

That would be 14.5 -13.5, if this holds up. BIG IF.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Lol Nocera chunks it into water.

Stanford starting to gag no surprise there.

Pettersen looking good, and her comeback over Stanford might be enough for the Euros.

Wie is about to close out her match. 6UP thru 12.

Bottom line now... US needs to win 2 of these 3. (they are more than 2UP in the rest)

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

12.5 - 8.5 Euros....

US has 6-1 lead now. Hmmmm. I thought board was shifting blue, but it got more red.  Piller just lost 16 though, she's 1UP with 1 to play to close out the next point.

Way to bounce back, Stanford!

My Swing

12.5 - 8.5 Euros....

US has 6-1 lead now. Hmmmm. I thought board was shifting blue, but it got more red.  Piller just lost 16 though, she's 1UP with 1 to play to close out the next point.

Way to bounce back, Stanford!

Nordqvist just closed out Lewis. That's 13.5 for the Euros and they only need 0.5 to win (tie goes to them, of course).

USA needs to run the tables on all the matches left. But they are up in those.

My Swing

GP going to lose it after being 2 up total gag,

Agreed. Wow, this could be anticlimactic as there are still a bunch of matches out there.

My Swing

This is epic! Pillar and Stanford with clutch putts!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Eating crow CLUTCH putt.

Well, we gotta admit that was ridiculous.  Masson had a makeable birdie putt, and Piller was looking dead in thick, thick rough- needing the halve.

Masson misses birdie, and Piller sinks a breaking 8 footer or so? Incredible.

My Swing

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!