IGNORED

Do You Golf Alone?

RussianCarl
Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do You Golf Alone?

• Yes
    • No

Please use the search function to eliminate reposting threads.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...=single+golfer

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I prefer playing alone... I only need someone to spot my ball for me, I can never see it off the tee.

SiD

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

Of the 250+ rounds I've played over the last 20 months, I'd say about 50% of my rounds were solo rounds. It's a good time to experiment, and it can allow you to focus more on your game.

Matt Bolton_______________

my Quest for Extraordinary Golf

In my Bag:TaylorMade TP Red balls 3DX Ironwood hybrids 2 & 4Nakashima NP2 IronsNakashima HTec 460 Driver

Please use the search function to eliminate reposting threads.

I figured there was a thread about this.

I was searching for "golfing alone" and didn't find much. "Single Golfer" to me sounds like a personal ad.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I don't mind playing alone but I usually always pair up to speed up play
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

since i sill have free time in the summer-flexible work hours when you teach drums-i can't golf with my dad, i'll play with a friend or by myself-sometimes if i catch up to another single or twosome i'll join them instead of playing through if they want to...whenever i play by myself though, i dont keep score-i play worst ball-very frustrating....nobody believes what you shoot by yourself anyway

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I agree with your buddy on playing alone. But many people tell me they can't do it. I bet it's not much different than people saying they can't go to a restaurant or movie alone either. You either can or prefer not to, or can't.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

I agree that it does get lonely sometimes. Especially when you hit a great shot and there is no one there to compliment you. It is good practice though, and you can play at your own pace.

Good thing I had a friend playing with me when I hit my first hole-in-one, or else I don't think anyone would believe me. Phew...

I like to go alone after work in the summer. I like to have the course pretty much to myslef and work on things. Id rather practice there then on a range. Its like $10 bucks to walk, I never finish the round but im not playing to finish im playing to practice so thats fine.

There are not that many great practice facilities by me so by doing this I get good sand play and putting practice along with the long game.

• 4 years later...
I am 16 and I play golf with friends during the week but on the weekend I tend to go by myself. Is that normal?

Of course! I play as a single quite often. I can appreciate the calmness of a round of golf without anyone around. A few hours of exercise, my thoughts, and many lost balls.

In general, don't let the fact that something may not be "normal" ever discourage you from doing it.

Still searching,

Lostmyballs

• Upvote 1

Absolutely normal... I play with a partner once a week but also play alone at least one additional day...there are so many wonderful things about the glorious game to be discovered in the silence of solitude ....there is a difference between being alone and being lonely...being alone is being satisfied with the company of ones self....while being lonely is longing for the company of others.

On the pragmatic side , when golfing alone and not being pushed by groups behind you ...there is opportunity to drop an additional ball or two and try that shot again -maybe even with a different club, etc.

On the more transcendent side , there is the wondor and splendor of being out in nature without the distraction of human chatter...this allows the mind to cultivate and ruminate about all manner of things ...paying attention to this process is getting better acquanted with your entirety....

so there is not only nothing wrong with playing alone -there is very much right about it ...savor the moments , learn what you can, enjoy the round...

If I had a membership somewhere I'd play by myself. I did it multiple days a week in high school because I was on the golf team. It's not bad, but for me golf is about brotherhood and fellowship ...and gloating afterword when you win the traveling trophy.

If you and your friends don't have a traveling trophy...

1. Get one.

2. Make it a big deal for no reason.

3. Golf is now more exciting than ever.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

pixel 5, that is a great idea lol gettin on that asap!

Bag:  M9 Cart Bag

Driver:  VR STR8-FIT 9.5

Wood:  SQ Sumo2 3-Wood

Irons:   Slingshot 4-PW

Wedge: 53 Degree

Putter:  TPA III

Originally Posted by JoeCoolTM

pixel 5, that is a great idea lol gettin on that asap!

Just made another thread about traveling trophies. See what people say to get ideas.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

I do it all the time. Playing alone is a great way to work on your game - if the course isn't busy, drop a few balls in a sand trap & work on bunker play, hit an extra off the tee, hit extra putts. You basically have a 150-acre practice facility at your disposal.

Very well said.

Originally Posted by stogiesnbogies

Absolutely normal... I play with a partner once a week but also play alone at least one additional day...there are so many wonderful things about the glorious game to be discovered in the silence of solitude ....there is a difference between being alone and being lonely...being alone is being satisfied with the company of ones self....while being lonely is longing for the company of others.

On the pragmatic side , when golfing alone and not being pushed by groups behind you ...there is opportunity to drop an additional ball or two and try that shot again -maybe even with a different club, etc.

On the more transcendent side , there is the wondor and splendor of being out in nature without the distraction of human chatter...this allows the mind to cultivate and ruminate about all manner of things ...paying attention to this process is getting better acquanted with your entirety....

so there is not only nothing wrong with playing alone -there is very much right about it ...savor the moments , learn what you can, enjoy the round...

Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!