IGNORED

Clones - Is there a difference?

Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How do you feel about your fairway woods? I've never heard of that brand. Is that from a component company? It might be easier to test out fairway woods in simulators or driving ranges as the differences are more tangible, but like I mentioned in my earlier posts...

Those are from a beginner set that my dad has.

I don't have any good fairway woods, and I'm considering dropping them all together and getting strong hybrids. I'll look into the Feel wedges.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I have made multiple purchases from both companies. Both are reliable and assemble good products.

One important note: Giga will allow you to return the items for a full refund after 30 days even if you have them customize the clubs (non-stock grips, shafts, changes to the lie angle). Pinemeadow only allows returns for a refund if you order "stock" clubs.

Chances are there is an amateur clubmaker in your area that would be able to make you some high quality component woods or wedges in your price range. A retired gentlemen at my club does this as a hobby and does so at a very small profit to himself. I have a 3 wood he made for me that I use when I put my normal 3 in timeout, I paid 40 bucks for it. I would check at your club or local muni, they should know if someone in your area does the same.

• 3 weeks later...
I have made multiple purchases from both companies. Both are reliable and assemble good products.

Thanks. I'm planning to order from GigaGolf now. Maybe I'll go for the Power Max REVELATION Hybrid/Irons Set. I think this club is great for beginners like me.

---------------- Now playing: U2 - The Unforgettable Fire via FoxyTunes

Why don't those that are considering clones.....consider brand name premium closeouts? Especially at this part of the season...you really can find great sets, drivers, wedges, bags, etc at great prices. Check out the various mainstream websites (TGW, Golfsmith) and I think you will find some great sets at great prices.

I never really payed attention to clones. But back in February, when the Sumo 2 was released, I enjoyed that nasty sound it produces. When June came, I was just surfing the net and saw these Sumo 2 clones. Eh, only $44, why not buy it. Sure does beat $400. So I ended up with the 2 driver system like Phil, and only used the clone when I was ahead in strokes or just for fun. Seemed just like the original Sumo 2 to me. I even won a local long drive competition with it. I highly enjoy it and saved $350!

I am sure there is a difference. Hence the price difference. There is a place diamoind tour golf that has alot of dirrent off brands for reasonable prices. You will have to check them out. http://diamondtour.com/

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

I was needing to get new wedges and I was hesitant to spend a ton of money. I found GigaGolf, and for the price of one Cleveland wedge I now have 3 of their SGS Black wedges customized with the same grip that I use on the rest of my clubs (Golf-Pride Velvet) and upgraded the shaft to the True Temper TT Lite XL. I compared them to my father-in-laws Cleveland CG12 Black Pearl Wedges, and they are very similar. Unfortunately since he is a lefty and I am a righty I wasn't able to compare how they both hit, but the quality construction was definately there with the GigaGolf clubs.

I plan on purchasing a hybrid and possibly a 3-wood from them in the near future.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

Used clubs are so reasonably priced that you don't have to buy clones.

I glanced on ebay under Mizuno and found these clubs that sold:

Mizuno Clubs Sold price

MX 17 $108.28

MX 23 - 32 combo set $179

Mizuno Grad set w/ Aldila shaft $98.70

Mx 15 4-Pw $88

Check out Callaway, Cobra, Taylor Made, other name brands also.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!