IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I got a little payback today for yesterday's 89. I shot a 79 and felt much better about my ball striking. I had consistent nines as well, shooting a 40 and then a 39.

I do have one gripe about the golf course today, and I'm not usually one for griping. However, the last five or six greens today had been watered WAY too much. I three-putted two of the last three which ticked me off a little. On one of the three putts, I hit a regular putt, and it came up way short. The next one, I put extra on it, and it skidded 10 feet past the hole. That inconsistency doesn't sit well with me, and it cost me a couple shots today. Other than that, things were fine.

All in all, it was nice to bounce back well. I was going to get my third round of the week in on Sunday, but the course will be closed until 12:30 for something. I don't think I'll be going out at 12:30 in the 106-degree projected heat for Sunday. It's either 6:30AM or bust for me when it comes to playing in the summer.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+4 on the front, one double bogey in the water hazard, 2 bogeys, 6 pars.

even on the back, 1 double bogey (again a water ball), and 1 bogey, 4 pars, birdied 16, 17 (#1 hcap hole), and 18.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

On a new course where I had to play the front nine twice (leagues on the back nine interrupted my game at the turn), I shot a 47 (with an unlucky lie in a bunker that added 2 strokes) and then a 44. The best part was targeting my first score as the mark to beat and then demolishing it by 3 strokes.

After a trying day, I started playing the back nine of my home course at 6:30p.m., last evening. Shot a 43. Hit my tee shots reasonably well. Started the front nine but darkness fell completely at 8:30 with four holes left to play. I returned this morning ( I live across the street from the fifth fairway ), at 6:30a.m., and finished the front nine with a scrambling 43. Total for the round was 86, which is somewhat better than I have done recently ( see the thread, What I've Learned This Summer in the Golf Talk section ).

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

11-over 83 from our white tees (6,531). 40-43. Had 7 pars in a row - holes 5-11. 4 doubles cost me though, with 2 balls in the water. Even though I had 35, putts, I thought I putted pretty well with at least 6 from over 8 feet lipping out ...

Given that I started the year at 16 and am now 11.6, I'm moving in the right direction.

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

• Administrator
78 at Whispering Woods . Putting confidence is way down - time for a session on the Z Factor.

Swing, who knows. It was better today, but I'm still nowhere near where I need to be. I'm going to have to tear it down and put it back together here.

Rambler played with me and had a good back nine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

shot a 40 at my public course. i was able to minimize the damage on bad holes, my worst score was a bogey. i chunked 3 shots from 110 yards and in, though.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Well, I was -1 thru 4 holes, and finished +4, a 39.

Ugh.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

2-person scramble today we shot 87. The people that won shot 62... i call BS.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

The stat died today. I hit 9 greens and shot 81. Usually it's 50% greens and I shoot 80 or better. We teed off at 7 a.m. and I guess I wasn't awake and I three putted the first two holes. Dang it!

hey new to this forum and relatively new to golf. today went out with my brother and a buddy in town. i hit the ball very well all day, but the 3 puts killed me! its sad to say but i finally got my first par in a long time on a par 5! i was the winner of the day with +17 for the front 9. a few of those strokes were just bad hits that i wish i could have taken back before i got to the top of my backswing!
Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

On Wednesday, i Shot 76(4 over) with 38 putts and hitting 15 greens. On the Front(which was my second nine because i started on 10), i shot 36 with 19 putts.

I shot a 90 today, which is about my average. However today was different. Today I gained a lot of confidence because I made seven pars, the most that I have ever made in 18 holes. The only problem was that I also made five double bogies and a triple bogie when my 150 yards and in game exploded. I also had 40 putts, including 3 3 putts in a row! Now I know that I have the ability to shoot lower scores then what I have been, I just need to reduce the really bad shots!
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

shot a 77.. 37 front nine, 40back nine. i had 2 birdies, missed a 3footer for birdie and double bogeyed a par5. pretty nice round since the wind was blowing really hard today
What's in the Bag

Tour Burner 9.5* stock stiff shaft
Tour Burner 14.5* 3 Wood stock stiff shaft 3DX Ironwood 20* UST Proforce V2 regular shaft 690mb Irons 4-PW rifle flighted 5.5 shafts Forged 48* wedge Vokey Design spin-milled 54*, 60* wedges Studio Select Newport 2 mid-slant TP Red&Black BallsLowe...

shot an 85 yesterday and 88 today with my new Wilson Ci7

decent scores, but both at courses i've never played at before and with new irons that I didn't get to try out before playing :)

loving the irons though, highly recommend to ci7 for the mid handicapper looking for some more control and feel

Driver: Taylor Made r5 9.5 - Stiff
Irons: Wilson Ci7 - TX105 Stiff
Putter: Cleveland VP Milled #1

49-38 = 88. Carded a 9 on #2. Had 140 to the pin from th4e fairway and took 8 to get'er in. Went 6 over in the par 3's as well on the front. Other than those three holes, not to bad of a round. Was happy to come back with a 39 on the back. I'm getting off the tees pretty good, I am just struggling with my irons. ALL of them.

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth