IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played Saturday morning and shot a 91. UGH!

45-46 (par 72)

First hole, put one in the water, and lost balls seemed to be the theme of the day.

Managed to stay dry/in play for the rest of the front nine, but my driver went wacky on me for a 3 hole stretch to start the back nine.

#10 - OB left
#11 - OB left
#12 - Water right

The odd part being, last week, I think I might have missed 3 fairways.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

Shot a 108 on saturday (2nd round of the year)

Would have been under 100 if it wasn't for the 3 or so double chip shots to get on the green and the 4 or so *cough*4*cough* putts :(

Just couldnt get a feel for the greens and kept hitting every putt way short. Drives were great though, only 2 nasty ones that I hooked badly.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Had the goofiest round on Saturday and ended up shooting a 78. On the front it was either feast or famine. I had 1 triple, 1 double, 2 bogies, 2 pars, and 3 birdies to shoot +4. Apart from the 2 pars every other hole would have made the highlight reel for one reason or another!!!

I settled down on the back and shot +2 with no birds.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Last Thursday I had one of the best rounds ever for me. I played Tullymore in Stanwood, MI (#90 on Golf Digest Top 100 Courses) and shot 91. If I had not had 6 3-putts I would have broken 90 for the 1st time.

I played Saturday afternoon and shot a 78. My game is actually starting to come around a little. I had 3 birdies on the front and lipped out 2 more! When I say lip, I mean went down in the cup, caught the lip, made the turn, and came right back at me...twice!!! That would have been the most birdies I have ever had on 9 holes. But they didn't fall.

1st hole: Pounded a drive down the middle. Topped my 3W. Pulled my 7i in the bunker. Got a little too much ball on the bunker shot and hit it over the green. Chipped up to about 12 ft and hit the putt.

2nd hole: Hit my drive to the right into the woods and thought I was going to have one of those days. Got down there to find that the ball hit a tree and kicked out into the fairway! Hit my 6i from 175 or so and stuck it about 6 ft and drained the putt.

3rd hole: Birdie lip out

4th hole: Hit my SW over the green and into the woods from about 80 yards and a downhill lie...this is the 2nd round in a row I have done this! Double bogied from Hazard

5th hole: 3 putted!!!

6th hole: FW, GIR, Par

7th hole: FW, GIR, Birdie

8th hole: GIR, Birdie

9th hole: FW, GIR, Lipout birdie!

Back nine was nothing special...pars and bogies. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to show my up and down round!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

wow... so ive been really focused on whittling my hcp down to single digits this season...
yesterday i shot low 80's... very happy with that...
today was a different story... an even hundred!!!
pushed/slice my way through the front... i didnt hit a single fw on the front at all... not even close to any girs... scrambling(if thats whatcha call what i was doing) wasnt even there... when i adjusted for my slice(aimed left)... it went straightish( to the left)... very easy par 3's had me chunking balls into the water...
back 9 was a shade better... actually started making fw's and girs... but my putting left me out to dry...
the tale of 2 days... yesterday the course played short and didnt lose a single ball
today... anywhere there was water, my balls wanted to swim... i think i went thru about a half dozen or so
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Shot a 91 this morning (+19)

First time ever that I broke 100s. Last Monday shot an even 100 (+30).

I've started the season moving in the right direction!

Driver: TM r9 Driver Motore F1 65 Stiff
Woods: TM r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Stiff, TM Mid Rescue 3H Regular
Irons: TM r7 Irons 4-AW Regular
Wedges: Cleveland DSG 588 56/14, Callaway X Series Jaws 58/8
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

87. 46/41. Winds were howling. My iron play is really crappy right now. Not sure what it is but I am hitting them good off a tee on par 3's and inconsistant off the turf. I suspect I am sweeping them too much from the turf.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

shot a 91 today...
driver was on fire!!! too bad my approach shots werent...
every time i bombed driver straight down the middle... i would flub my next shot or push one pin high on the fringes... so all my birdie opportunities were from far away... even had a few 3 putts with my girs... i really need to get back into shooting in the 80's or my road to single digits early in the season is gonna take a u-turn... which im trying my best to avoid
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Played 9 today - league play. Shot 39. Four pars, four bogeyes and a birdie...16 putts Lipped too many.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

82 (38/44) with par at 71 (35/36).

Everything was going great on the front, and then my track workout last night started to catch up with me on about hole 12. Legs just weren't there and my swing fell out of sync. Killed my chance to break 80 for the first time. At least I was able to regroup on 18 to hit the fairway and get a GIR within 6 feet, even if I did two-putt for par (had 28 putts all day).

New to the site been reading for a few weeks but just got my account activated today

Only got to play 9 holes, but shot my best 9 shooting a 43 on a par 36

Struck the ball extremely well for me, missed a few 10-12 foot putts that could have given me a great round by my standards

16 putts
3 fairways in regulation, 1 missed literally by inches
2 gir

3 pars, 5 bogeys, 1 double

The hole by hole breakdown is

#1- A short 380 yard par 4, that is very straight. Didn't warm up enough and hook my drive left into the trees. Get to ball with about 220 left to the hole but a tree blocking me 40 yards in front. Hit around the tree out to the fairway leaving myself about a 170 yard approach. His a 6 iron that comes up 5 yards right, chip to 10 feet, 1 putt and have a bogey to begin the round

#2 a 211 yard par 3 that is dead straight. Hit the hybrid 3. Come up about 10 yards short and 15 yards left. Chip onto the green about 15 feet from hole and 2 putt for another bogey

#3- HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY - Its a 515 yard par 5, the tee shot has to carry about 210 to carry the lake in front of the tee box. Pulled out the driver and hit a good 225 yard drive that finds center of fairway. with about 280-290 left to the hole hit the hybrid 4 and leave myself on the leftside of the fairway with 130 yards to go. Hit a 9 iron that lands about 12 feet short of the hole. Birdie putt stops about 6 inches short of hole and I tap in for par

#4 - Feeling some momentum I step up to the tee and crack a 240 yards drive that just rolls off the right side of the fairway into the rough. 115 left o the center of the green and I hit a pw that pulls left and hits the green side hill and bounces into the sand. Get up and out of the sand, and 2 putt for bogey

#5- A slight dogleg right, I drive the ball 220 and am I on the right side of the fairway with 125 left to the hole, hit a light 9 iron that again pulls left and is about 10 yards left of the green. Chip to about 12 feet and 1 putt for my 2nd par of the day

#6 - Get up the tee box to find a foursome in front of me that is very slow. Sit for about 5 minutes before teeing off. Hook my drive hard right on this long par 5. Pitch back into the fairway. Hit a good 3rd shot to give myself a chance to get up and down for par. Pitch goes over green. Chip rolls 12 feet pass and i two putt for double bogey

#7- 210 yard drive finds the left rough. Hit a good hybrid 3 about 200 yards but slightly left of green, chip and 2 putt for bogey

#8- Hit my drive of the day- dead center of fairway 240 yards out. With 150 to go, I hit a 7iron that again is pulled left and leaves me chipping from 20 yards away. Chip to about 8 feet, but again manage to 2 putt for bogey

#9- 177 yard par 3 - I have never hit the green on this par 3 until today. 5 Iron lands about pin high and rolls 12 feet past. Birdie putt comes up 1 foot left and I tap in for par

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

66 on a par 64 (61.9/101) it's a pretty easy course, and I always score well there, but this was by far the best I have ever played there, 4 birdies and 8 pars ...

took the handicap index from a 10.4 to a 7.6, there are only 7 official scores posted to my handicap and my two lowest differentials are being used need to post 2 more rounds before I start league play next Friday, not sure I want to be playing off a 7/8 for the first week of the league ...

In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

78 w/ 2 doubles .......40-38 - 57%F 50%GIR 30Putts. I was 75% UD or 6/8 today.

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Went out after a winter of not even touching a club and could only play 9 holes but shot a +2 39 on my home course in Hampton, Iowa. I can't complain about that.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

81 (41/40). Ball striking was all over the place until hole 7.

Fwy: 7/14
GIR: 5/18
Putts: 33
U&D;: 5/10

Ugly day, but had a lot of fun. Just wish my flat stick hadn't decided to let me down for the first time this year

Yeah, yeah... I know. Indian and arrows.