IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 77 with 3 birdies... :(

Driver: Ti460 with stock Fujikura G60 shaft in stiff flex
3W: SQ Dymo2
Hybrid: FT 20*
Irons: 755
SW: SV 56*GW: Vokey 50*LW: Vokey 60*Putter: SC Red XHome Course: Wildcat Golf Club

I had an awsome front 9 last week when playing Turtle Bay Palmer Course, Oahau Hawaii. 3 over par after 9, but after that it fell appart...endded up wiht 15 over...what looked like the round of my life still ended up as a good round, but not great...well well there is always tomorrow...

A Hui Hou

Much warmer today, back didn't bother me at all. Shot 5 over, with a missed 8' putt for eagle! Oh well, the bird helped negate my one double... :o

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I've been shooting between 25 and 35 differentials off a 19.x handicap. New baby, no sleep, no practice...I am sliding downhill. 106 on an easy course yesterday from the whites.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Shot an abysmal 46 today. 38 going into hole number 9 and got a nice fat snowman to finish the front with a 46. It was so damn busy today I decided I didnt want to play 3 more hours for 9 holes.

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

went 10 over thru 6 and couldnt get the ball airborn on 7... my back was tightening up like you wouldnt believe... i couldnt even bend over to pick up my ball to quit the round
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

We have snow on the ground right now butt he forecast is for 40's and rain all week so some courses will open up (hopefully Bend CC, my home course will too. 15 minutes til kickoff in the Rose Bowl.. Go Ducks!!!!!

Shot 3 over par (72) from the blues at Randolph North (muni). We didn't see a soul until the 15th. Partner and I walked it in 2.5 hrs. Warm weather really helps the bad back. Playing tomorrow too. :D

In the Bag

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Came back with a 46 today after my lowest 44 yesterday, felt good. Putting killed me 20 putts in 9 holes. I believe after I actually invest some time in putting I will be able to shoot under 40 =]

Disney's Palm, couldn't hit a straight shot to save my life that day. Drove terrible (usually my strong point) hit less than 50% of the fairways. Still decided (like a fool) to try to cut every dog leg and go over the trees like the Finau brothers on Big Break, but failed (those guys drive it TOO far). Escaped with a 93, but not my dignity.

Shot 8 over today, nice day and all, but slower greens and a 2" extension on the putter had me unable to judge my distances very well. Got better as the day progressed. At least it was sunny and warm. :)

In the Bag

SC Newport 2.5

I shot a 110 yesterday, but that doesn't tell the whole story nor why I was pretty ok with it. One, I forgot that I was coming off of a bout of bronchitis and probably shouldn't have been trying to walk 18 as I just flat ran out of steam about hole 8. Two, only one club in my bag was one that I had previously played with and I was expecting the result to be a complete puke-o-rama. Instead, it actually went much better than expected.

The driver just didn't work for me. I was spraying them left and right to the fairway edges and into the edge of the rough and woodline. No real biggie, now I know not to buy that driver.

My iron game was perhaps the best it has ever been. With my new irons, I was able to recover from most of the nasty places my drives left me. I was off on my ranges, but I was playing an unfamiliar course (second time playing the whole 18) with only eyeball range and course markers to gauge my ranges by using irons I hadn't had a chance to really range out yet. They are lofted quite differently than my last set and I was trying to make adjustments for the differences that left a few shots just short of the green and flew a few over. I think that when I get them ranged and get used to them, I will be much happier than I was with the "brick on a stick" irons I had before. (Eye 2 clones. Huge and ungainly with almost no feel for what the shots were doing....thus the term.)

I really struggled with my wedge game. I couldn't get the hang of the loft and feel change over my last clubs. The wedges I just retired were the matching clubs for the "brick on a stick" irons I had been using. They were lofted something like 55,60, and 65. Real monsters. The ones I was using yesterday were Taylormade RAC TPs. I was either leaving the shot short or flying it pretty much all day.

The putter was a replacement that I had to pick up due to being unable to locate mine. I had been planning to upgrade, just not at the same time as changing my irons, wedges, and fairway woods. I ended up with a really solid putting game. 40 putts over the whole 18 holes, 20 on each side. Given that the course has some large and tricky greens I was pretty happy with my putting. Room for improvement, obviously, but I 1 putted 4 holes, three putted 4 holes, and 2 putted all the rest. Not by any means unacceptable.

I have to work on my strategy, also. When I was discussing the round with a course employee that asked me about it when I got back in, I mentioned not pulling out my new 19 degree hybrid for any shots all day. He asked me about teeing off with it twice on holes he said could often benefit from being played that way. It simply hadn't crossed my mind to do that. Both holes are hard dogleg short par 4s that I tried to turn the corner on with the driver. Next time I will remember to think about options.

Well, I got a round in on New Year's Day and didn't go screaming past my average round score. That works for me.

Y'all take care!
Jack Lee

In my bag:
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5 degree driver

Cobra sz hyper steel 3 wood
A7 19 degree hybrid
Taylormade 2008 TP irons 4 through pw

Mizuno JPX 52, 56, 60 degree wedges

White hot XG #9 putter

WOO BOY! It was COLD for west Florida today. Went out to Rocky Point GC in Tampa, FL. Temperature was in the low 40's. Teed off and realized at once that all my adjustments have been for naught. I need professional help. I shot a 108 for the day 12 over my previous visit to this course. The local PGA pro cancelled our session last Thursday and I should have just said wait until we can reschedule but it's the new year and I knew I could get on the course today so I went. But it's golf so I still had a good time, didn't help or hurt my handicap, it was a good workout though. I dressed for it and didn't have any weather related problems, but I did notice the ball just didn't fly as far as normal with the cold air and strong breezes.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II