IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

5 over for 9 holes thanks to a snowman on one of them. Not to complain, but I think it's a badly designed hole. It's a short, dogleg left par 4 uphill that penalizes a slight draw off the tee to the middle of the fairway, but rewards a huge banana slice to the right of the cart path.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

83 but I won some cash :)
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

I'm at a bit of a loss after today's round.

I played 18 at a tough, long local course and had my best driving day of the year, hitting it very high and long (for me) at about 255.

I hit my irons very well, including a ripped high 4-iron on a long par 3 to about 12 feet.

I chipped decently.

I was in three bunkers and hit 3 very good bunker shots.

I had no blow up holes and no penalty strokes.

And I shot 87.

I certainly could have made a few more putts, but the most strokes I may have left out there is 4 or 5 tops.

Just didn't feel like I could have played much better, but the score wasn't there.

91 at TPC Deere Run. Left a lot of shots on the course, but what a gem of a course it is.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Today I shot my first round under par with a 1-under 71 at my home course!!
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

I shot a 90 this morning, then I shot a 76 this aftern00n.......the same course!
This is my best ever since moving to Florida in 1987.

41/35 = 76

Even Par on the Back nine....started out with a double bogey on 10, then 2 Birdies back to back, followed later by a 3rd Birdie.

The guys I played with said I had a Reverse McIroy!

First time ever I shot over 100...Shot 43 on the front and thought I played bad but after a 61 on the back I guess I was wrong! Anyone else playing 6 hour rounds??? We waited on every shot on the back, yes every shot!

I finally broke 90 and shot an 87 from the tips at Olmos Basin Municipal GC here in San Antonio. I have to give credit to Dr. Bob Rottellas' book, and all his wisdom. His approach to the mental game has given me the edge to play the golf I always knew I could.

My Home Course http://www.golfcluboftexas.com
Driver- Taylor Made Burner
Hybrid- CPR 22 Deg.
Irons- Taylor Made Burners 4i- AW
Wedges- Cleveland 54, 56, 60 DegPutter- Cleveland Classic 2 Ball- Callaway IxBag- Ben Hogan Stand Bag

Rough past 2 days... its been hot, so I've only played 9 holes on each day.

Back to back 49's.

On Friday, my putting was atrocious (not an exaggeration) and really struggled to hit any decent approach shots. My pitching was pretty solid, which saved my ass more than a couple of times.

On Saturday, my approach shots were mediocre, my chipping bailed me out, my putting reverted back to normal (which is to say, didn't three putt and left myself short putts on anything over 15')

I've really struggled off the tee the past 2 days.

And just hit some absolutely crap shots.....

While I am not happy posting back to back 49's, I also realize the rounds easily could have been 3-4 strokes worth if it wasn't for some timely pitches, holing putts when I absolutely needed them, and a couple of creative solutions to some errant tee shots.

Hopefully, today, I get back on track.

G5 Driver (10.5*)
T40 Tour 3 Wood (15*)
G10 Hybrid (18*)
MX-200
588 Tour Action SW (56*) 2 Ball SRT

95 with 52 on the front and 43 on the back...

We got to the course about 2 minutes after our scheduled tee time, rushed to the tee box and proceeded to play a terrible front 9. Plus the cart girl never made it to us, so no drink to settle the nerves. Went in to the clubhouse at the turn and got some food in our bellies, a jack & coke to settle me down, and cooled off a little. Went back out and shot one of my better 9's (with the exception of a triple on one of the par 3's).

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Shot a 78 on a Par 3 course. 43 going out and 35 coming in. Tough course, fairways like concrete and greens rough and slow. I'm happy with the score. Every time I go out, I seem to get a little better.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...