IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Turned in a 48 on 9 holes today. One of the best rounds I've ever played.

Birdied the first hole, parred the second, and actually finished up the 4th hole at 1 over. It went downhill from there, with a couple of triple bogeys, but it was still a great day, overall.

I think the key was the time I spent on the practice green. My buddy wanted to hit a bucket of balls to work out a kink in his driver swing. To save the money, I chipped and putted for about 20 minutes before we played. Made a huge difference in my game. I putted a lot better, especially.

Too bad I wasn't hitting my driver as well as normal. If I had been, I could have played a lot better.

Oh, and I was using Nike Crush balls. Very nice balls, IMO. Straight and long, off the tee. More feel around the greens than my top flite XL7000 super straights, though. Didn't lose a single one of them.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

Played 9 today. It was fun to play decent, shot a 40, with my 9 and 5 year old riding in the cart. Some of the best times playing golf is when we head to the course around 6pm and get 9 holes in- nobody on the course and plenty of daylight!

Finally did it! 79 through 18 (38/41 on a par 72).

Started off with a birdie, followed by 3 pars before a double, then another birdie (par 5 - on green in 2), two bogeys, and a par. Four more pars and a birdie on the back. 30 putts (only one 3 putt). 9 FIR / 9 GIR. I drove to the back fringe on a 273 yard (downhill) green.

Still had 7 strokes I left on the course with penalty strokes and 2 flubbed shots.

What a day.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

After my 81 on Thursday, I shot an 86 on Friday and a 84 on Saturday. Since joining my course on 1 May, my average round has went from high 90's/low 100's to mid to low 80's. And as of the latest revision, my new handicap is 13.9, I have dropped 10-12 strokes from my handicap in three months.

Looking forward to working a little more to bring it down even lower.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 94 at the Quarry golf club in SA, TX. Keep in mind I had an 8 and 9 on the back. 44 on the front and 50 on the back. I should have shot lower but I went with risk over reward on the 18th hole. I had not sliced a single drive until 18 which i ended up taking a 9. overall I am really happy with the way i played and my game has improved dramiticlly.

My Home Course http://www.golfcluboftexas.com
Driver- Taylor Made Burner
Hybrid- CPR 22 Deg.
Irons- Taylor Made Burners 4i- AW
Wedges- Cleveland 54, 56, 60 DegPutter- Cleveland Classic 2 Ball- Callaway IxBag- Ben Hogan Stand Bag

I played 9 holes yesterday at a small local course with a couple of my buddies who have just recently taken up golf. I made a pre-round tweak to my swing off the tee box and ended up shooting a 3-over 39 thanks to an approach mishap on hole number 8. Overall, I was very pleased with my round.

18 today; really humid and slow conditions here but nothing to do about that.

Anyways, BROKE 100! 48/47; no birdies but a couple nice par saves. Highlight was an approach on a short par 4; I was in the woods to the left; had a 7 ft wide by 10 ft tall "tunnel" formed by tree branches for about 80 ft; pulled out a 6i and punched it right down the middle and almost made it onto the green from there.

2nd highlight was finding a TP-Red and a ProV1 just sitting in the rough by my ball throughout the back 9...

I played 36 holes over the weekend and shot a 94 and 98. Im ready to give up the game, or go take more lessons. :(

I shot a 114 at Eisenhower Red (Senior PGA Course/Middle Tees Played) which came after a 92 at Pelham Bay Golf Course. I'll take your 94 and 98 anyday! :)

Friday July 30th I broke 90 for the first time in my 3 years golfing. A 89 I was pumped! I was a par making machine! Even managed to stroke in a couple birds. Had one bad hole on the day a +4 on hole 6. I've come a long way! I must give much of the credit to the new Cobra sz irons, and Rife 2 bar putter I purchased just over a month ago. I get the ball up and straight much better with the Irons, and my putts are much more consistant. Shaved several strokes off my game just having clubs that fit and work for me. To think at 1 point I thought I'd never break 110. Guess breaking 80 is my next goal but that might take awhile longer. The practice is paying off along with the new Irons and putter. No spectacular shots but my pitching is much improved. That in itself has helped. Now I put the ball on the green and make it stick giving me better chances at par.

played the same 9 twice.
On fire today.

Hopefully it continues tomorrow. Round 1 of league match play. I have to give strokes to everyone in the field. lol.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I played Sat, Sun, and today for 9.

Shoot an 84, par 71 on Sat. Putter wasn't there at all, could have been 4-5 better but not bad for me.

Sunday shot a 45 for 9. Didn't hit a green, short game was pretty good except I couldn't make the putts so it didn't matter. Lost two balls, hit a number of good putts that didn't go in, and just pretty much sucked.

Today, not any better. Shot 45 for 9, lost 2 dollars to my buddy. Hit one green, two stupid doubles, short game wasn't good, putter wasn't good, iron game was bad, driver more of the same.

Hitting everything off the toe it seems. Had one great shot and that was it.

Brian

Coming off the 79 from yesterday I shot an 85 today on a par 71 course. Had fun but the putter just didn't have any gas in the tank today.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

46 on the back 9 of the home course, which is a par 35. Not great, but for me it was not bad. I left a few out there probably could have had a 42-44 without a few missed 10 footers. Overall I was pleased with the results. My chipping/pitching was good and I felt like I was putting the ball just about where I wanted it to go. Plus I got up and down for par on one whole, and that for me was a victory in itself.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

I shot a 95 this morning at my home course. I am satisfied with how i played, but I do need to work on my short iron play.

My Home Course http://www.golfcluboftexas.com
Driver- Taylor Made Burner
Hybrid- CPR 22 Deg.
Irons- Taylor Made Burners 4i- AW
Wedges- Cleveland 54, 56, 60 DegPutter- Cleveland Classic 2 Ball- Callaway IxBag- Ben Hogan Stand Bag

Shot a 85, could have been a lot lower though.

Getting close to a proper handicap, my official one is 19.3.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...