IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I intended to play 9 holes at Meadowood Golf Course in Burlington, KY...but ended up trying to go for 18....got rained out after 12, though. On the first hole, I had a decent drive, and then skulled the hell out of my wedge and flew the green. I went into this guy's driveway where it landed in the bed of an old pickup... I refused to take an unplayable and went ahead and tried to chip it out. I got it out, but only flubbed it a few feet forward. (Hey, it wasn't in the bed of the truck anymore.) My next chip for me on the green, and I settled for a double bogey. I then doubled the second, and bogeyed the third.

But, then I got two honest-to-god birdies and a handful of pars to end the front 9 with a 40. I don't consider it a great achievement since it's only 2600 yards, par 35, and a rating of 62/100. The highlight of my day was that I only hit one ball out of bounds, and didn't lose any. My driving was decent, my iron play was solid, and for the first time in my life, I putted halfway decently, thank god for my new putter (a $150 job that has bankrupted me)

I was two over for the first 3 holes of the back 9 before I got rained out.

Total Time taken...About two hours for 12 holes. And, I was part of a twosome, played with an old friend of mine today. (He shot a 61 on the front 9...his iron play was an unqualified disaster.)

Edit: I just realized...today was the first day, ever, that I went without topping the ball once.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

41-39 = 80

Played with my 16-year-old daughter yesterday afternoon. I hear you on the slow play. My club had two 18-hole courses. The course we wanted to play had the back nine closed due to recent heavy rain. So the other open course was more crowded than normal. We had a slow group in front and a fast group behind. I felt pressured but it wasn't our fault. I started out poorly but got much better. I hate the last hole and almost always bogey it. I hit a decent drive but it got a favorable bounce of a mound and scooted down to a touch over 300 yards. I hit a decent 9 iron to 20" above the hole. The putt was tough but I thought, "Just hit is pure and don't worry." It hit the back of the cup for a bird and got me under 40. It's always a great day when I can spend four hours playing golf with my daughter.

r7 425 Quad 9.5*
V Steel 15* r7 21* 4-PW rac lt CG11 gunmetal 52*, 56*, 60* wedges 2-Ball belly putter

41-39 = 80

(Maybe we should all start posting how long it takes for us to play...so we can be...shining examples of fast players, or well, you get the idea.

) Something like this happened me today at the 8th hole--a 410 yard par 5, from the white tees. It's usually longer, but the normal tee box was chopped up to hell and back, so the tees were forward today. I killed my drive down the middle about 260 and then played a five iron to the back-side of the green. So here I am with a 50 foot putt for eagle. Of course, I didn't make it, but I'll take two-putt birdies anyday, especially when I've never been able to score below a 6 before (the greenside lake usually claims at least one of my balls each round...one time, I even hit a turtle). But, hey, a 4? I'll take it anyday.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

41-39 = 80

I have a ten year old daughter. We have yet to susutain a full round, although we did make it through 9 holes last year in the Father/Daughter club tournament. But to your comment about spending four hours playing golf with your daughter: amen! That is something to which I really look forward.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• Administrator

I shot about a 78 at Eagle Sticks, including two great birdies. I'll have more to say later. For now, all I'll say is that I've never hit so many 325-yard drives in my life.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suggest we all start putting down how long all our rounds take...

Yesterday i was the only one on the course and played in pouring rain. Clubs were slipping out of my hands and i was dead soaked. It was an amazing time. I played only 9 holes and i managed to get 2 pars!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Our course allows fivesomes at all times so we can play Wolf. Started at 8, done just before noon. Can't beat that. Don't be too slow walking off the green, though.

45-42= 87. 60's but extremely windy and played the tips, although this course isn't overly difficult form there either. This is the type of round that reminds me that if you can chip and putt you can score. I didn't do either well even though I hit the ball pretty solidly. After taking an ugly triple on the par 3 200 yard 3rd hole (I hit it in the water in front of the green) I struck the ball pretty well but I bet I threw a shot away around the green every other hole, if not more.

Out of curiousity I kept my stats today.

Putts: 37
GIR: 7
Fairways Hit: 10/14

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

42/52 can't seem to break 90...

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

We had 50+ mph winds out there today... I got to the course and was all alone.
I guess the storm scared everyone away, but it was actually a lot of fun playing different shots. Because I was first out and no one else was around, I played 2-3 balls from each location and would change the trajectory, etc. Hit a PW from 130, then a knockdown 9, then a punch 8... It was great.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

Shot 83 at home course. I am ok with that even though it is well above my handicap. I am just starting to play regularly again since I developed diabetes. I 3 putted 4 greens on the front before I figured out something in my stroke. Shot 38 on the back with no 3 putts. I was striking the ball well except for a couple of errant shots.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I shot an 81 yesterday on a par 71. Not a bad round but I was really dissapointed since I went out in 38. I just could not chip or but on the back nine. And the OB ball on 18 didn't help the score any. Oh well, hope today will be better.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Well, I actually hit 27 holes today.

This morning, I shot a 42 at Meadowood Golf Course (63/100, par 35). As usual, I hit an OB into this guy's yard on the 6th hole, which I seem to do without fail everytime I go out there. I think next time I'll hit an iron, leaving me deliberately short of that yard. (3 wood, 3 wood, 3 wood, 5 wood, 5 wood have been the past five attempts this last week, all of which landed in the same yard .) I then birdied the 8th despite flying over the green on my second shot on the par 5...got up and down.

In the afternoon, I went 43+45 = 88 at The Pioneer (67/113, par 70). This time, it was with two old friends of mine who graduated in my high school class, and had just gotten back in town from college. Neither of them could hit their drives worth a shit (one of them even broke their driver on the 11th hole). Personally, my driving was solid, with fewer than usual shots in the wrong fairway, only two OB's, and no lake shots. My iron play was good despite a few skulls, most of my shots were nice long draws. My chipping was solid, and without fail, got me within 10 feet of the cup everytime. I one-putted a few times and got the rest pretty close...two-putted most of the remainder. I had a hell of a shot out of the sand trap on the 7th, from about 150 yards out (6 iron) that landed within four feet of the cup...got my birdie.

Except for the 16th green, which was covered with about a million caterpillars. I four-putted there for an 8, but carded in a 7 because....well, a million caterpillars. It seriously screwed up with the ball's line. The highlight of my day was on the 18th hole, where I drove the green in one shot, a 302 yard par 4. It was the kind of shot that made my buddies go like "Holy shit..."

Time Taken:

Morning 9 holes...about 1:45. Twosome, in a cart...some waiting involved, but not a lot. The guys in front were real duffers but they kept moving.

Front 9 in the afternoon: At least 3 hours. We were stuck behind a foursome, who were themselves stuck behind four walkers who 1) weren't any good, 2) were taking their sweet time, and 3) wouldn't let anyone play through. The ranger got them off the course as they tried to make the turn.

Back 9 in the afternoon: 1:15. We weren't trying to set a speed record, but we played decent golf and the back nine was almost empty.

yesterday: 41 2h 10m
today: 44/43 1h 57m/2h 11m

On the Tunnel 9 at my home course

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

103...need to learn how to play in the wind.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Played King's Mill GC in Waldo, Ohio. Went out with my regular golf buddy and his girlfriend in the AM for a 10:30 tee time. It was sunny, temp in the 50s and a brisk 20 mph was blowing steadily. I shot a horrid 67 on the front 9, only hitting 1 GIR, 3+ putting and making no pars. I made a couple adjustments to my swing this week and was trying to draw the ball off the tee. I was able to play a draw, but a few times, the tee shot hooked violently. I'm not able to harness and use the draw yet. I'm better off playing not thinking about it since I don't naturally fade the ball when I swing with a fundamental grip and good tempo. The changes to my swing brought about inconsistencies to the rest of my game and my mind was straying from course management. On the back nine, I tried not to think, but went back to two fundamentals that always help me: 1) Bring the clubhead back on the takeaway with the arms instead of the wrists, and let weight shift naturally...and 2) Let the club drop and accelerate with a smooth tempo, elimating the jerk. That along with taking 3/4 swings and trying to consciously not swing for the fences, allowed me to post a 50 on the back 9. Still not where I want to be, but it was only my first full round of 18 this season.

Later this afternoon, my girlfriend got off work, and we decided to go to a local course and play a twilight round of 9. No snowmen during that round and only one 7 on a par 4 due to a rude, drunk, foursome hitting a ball at me. I usually play at a good pace, but my girlfriend was with me and it was only her second round ever. It doesn't help getting pressured like that when you're in deep rough on the second shot at a long par 4 where the green is flanked by sand on both sides. My girlfriend got closer to her goal of breaking 70 on 9 today. She shot a 72, but had a lot of fun as the evening progressed. The key is to let beginners have fun, let them enjoy being out there without getting too technical, and they will naturally want to improve. Golf is supposed to be fun. Let us not lose sight of that. I posted a 49 for my twilight round.