IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

80 (+9). Played at my friend's club that I play all the time in the summer, so I know the course well. We played the white tees because it was wet and cold, and he hadn't played in a month. I started off lousy (+5 through 5), had a string of six straight pars, then finished kinda ehh. Made par on the tough 18th, though -- second straight year I've closed out my season with a par on this hole; second straight year my friend nonetheless beat me by a shot. Still a good ending, though.

There was some foul-smeeling fertilizer on the greens whose odor accompanied me home after the round. Gross. Also made the greens run at about a 5.

7/18 GIR (including 4/5 on par 3s), 11/13 fairways, 32 putts. Missed greens short; missed putts short.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

I shot a 82 (41/41)
Most of my game is getting much better except for my drive which has turned in to a big slice that just isn't going away.
So i was saving alot with the short game.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

bogey
bogey
par
double bogey
par
birdie
double bogey
double bogey

par
---
front = +7

double bogey
bogey
bogey
birdie
double bogey
bogey
bogey
bogey
par
---
back = +8

+15

Need to do something about those doubles!!!! Equaled my record for the course, though not overly thrilled because things could have been a lot better.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Got a quick round in before turkey day!

This was the highlight of the day... wasnt the hardest putt, but it was a 20 foot birdie putt. Pretty much just thought the picture came out cool.

In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

shot 80 on my home course (a par 70) yesterday, which was a bit infuriating. 5 of the strokes came from 2 holes that i can't even remember the last time i did any worse than bogey on. i had to take provisional shots on both after pulling my drives straight left and into OB, which left me with a triple on one and a double on the second.

absolutely miserable day .... 43-45 all day and about 18-20mph winds.

shot a +3 39 on the back nine.... stripping the 3 wood off the tee on a realitively short course (only playing 6600)

SHOT A ••••ING +15 on the front nine to finish with a +18 90..... FIFTEEN. FML

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

90 yesterday at Triggs Memorial in Providence, RI. First round I've played in a couple weeks. Driver: C- Irons: A- Chipping/Pitching: D+ Putting: Fail
Been practicing irons alot lately and neglecting the short game so it makes sense.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

Greetings everyone. I just registered tonight and this is my first post. I have no thread starting privilege yet so I am posting here because I had to tell someone about my round this morning and the wife doesn't care so much:

I have been playing seriously for the past several years and I am a stagger-footed baseball grip player who has been in the "80's" hell for the last year or so. I have never had a lesson but I play with 2 single digit guys that have nursed me along for awhile. I broke 100 about 2 years ago and 90 last summer. Since then, I have put up too many eighties rounds to count never being able to crack it. Until this Monday when I played with one of my buddies at my home course where I shot a 79. It was truly remarkable and the lowest round (obviously) I have had. I really could have quit the game at that point because I was so satisfied for having broken 80.

Fast forward to today. We were joking on the way to the course that I would have to focus on shooting par as my next goal. My score today: 72! Sunk a 25 footer on the first hole for birdie and the rest was just the most ridiculous shot making I have personally ever seen or done. Neither of my buddies have ever shot par before and one buddy is a 5 and the other is an 8.

Had 3 birdies on the front with 2 bogeys at -1 (btw I have never shot an even par on 1 side)

On the back I made a bogey on 13 and a double on 14 by pushing one OB over the fence. At that point being 2 over I still thought it would be the round of a lifetime. I then bombed my next drive and chipped close for another birdie to get back to +1. I next proceeded par, par missing a birdie on the par 3 17. On 18, I hammered my drive but it went over into the next fairway where I had about 135 to the flag. At that point I was basically wobbly knees standing over it. I yelled over at my buddy and said "Dude, if I make this I'll be under par!" (jokingly)

Well I didn't make the shot but I stuck it to just inside 3 feet. (I usually don't make many shots like that) My friend putted out his bogey and I stood over my 2-3/4 footer just sweating it... All of the negative thoughts went through my mind including: YOU WILL NEVER BE HERE AGAIN! and at that point I just decided that I would just step up and hit it. It went in the heart and I have never felt so good.

I know now in hindsight that I had no business shooting that low after just breaking 80. I mean the round right after my 79? That is just stupid. Anyway I am still flying high tonight and I took the family out to a nice dinner. I was also thinking about the last hole and how if the putt hadn't been that close, there is no way I would have made it. Period. I was ABSOLUTELY going to choke there. But the approach was money so I didn't have to worry about making a longer putt and I'm not going to look back... EVER (even though my handicap is still just over a 10)

Anyway I hope those of us golfers who read this can take something positive from it even though it was somewhat of a statistical freakshow. I personally think that there is something to "the zone" that is described by so many top athletes. Whether it is focus, guts, grit or whatever you want to call it had a small portion of it today and I am totally thrilled and emotionally spent. My buddy's jaw was agape all the way home and he said he is DONE laying me strokes now.

Anyway thanks for reading this as it has been nice for me to share. (most of my coworkers don't golf so there is nobody to tell) I hope you all have a great holiday weekend with plenty of good food and good mojo in future rounds.

Cheers

I played Lexington Oaks in Wesley Chapel FL. I was pumped when I birdied the #2 236yrd Par 3. Hit my 3 wood within the putter grip on the green and put it away for birdie. I had a great front 9 shooting a 41.....then my driver went haywire and I shot a 51 on the back with 7 penalty strokes. 92 overal and I only lost $5 in a skins match so it was a pretty good day I guess.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two birdies, two bogies = even 72. played the last 7 with a group of good golfers. Fun day.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

it was a tale of 2 halves...
started off the back... par bogey par par par par par par par... didnt realize i was 1 over till i got to the first teebox where i sat and watched 3 groups in front of me... shoulda just quit then... lol... career 9...
front was bogey hell... like the exact opposite of the back... bogey on every hole till the last with a par... unreal...
so much for a career round but ill take it...
9 over for an 81... coulda woulda shoulda been sub 80
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Not bad flop! 37 is a quality nine to be proud of regardless of your final score...

Shot a 46 screwing around at the back 9 on Cardinal Run thanksgiving morning. First time walking the course this year, and i was out with 4 relatives just having a good time not paying much attention to my score... also hit a lot of shots i wouldnt normally hit. One high point of the round was hitting a huge 4 iron fade around a big oak tree from about 180 out in the rough on a par 4 to the green, which rolled off the back. But of course a chip and 2 putts later it was still a bogey.

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

1 birdie
1 double

Driver:Taylormade Burner 10.5 with Aldila NV 65S
FW Wood: Nike Dymo 3 Wood with Aldila VooDoo
Hybrids: Adams Idea A7 3 Hybrid
Irons: Ping i15 4-P
Wedge: Cleveland CG15 52.10 and Titleist Vokey 58.12Putter: Bettinardi BC3Ball: Callaway Tour i(z) and Titleist Pro V1x

91 at TPC Boston. Hit the ball ok, but didn't have a clue on the greens. Lots of 3-putts and one glorious 4-putt after hitting the green on a par-3. 23 putts on the back 9. Yeah, my putting is pretty awesome lately.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

78......good group today, two 79's a 78 and an 88

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour