IGNORED

What do you have in your golf bag?

Flumes
Note: This thread is 6015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently started golfing and have no idea what I should be bringing with me.
I mean my bag has at least 8 pockets....so now I gotta figure out what I'm going to fill them with.

For example, how many balls/tees/do you have in your bag? Is there anything extra you carry with you that I might overlook?

Thank in advance

At least 18 tees.... a dozen golf balls, 2 towels, one of me, one for the clubs, bottle water, pen, ball markers. I put my headcovers in the pockets, so I make sure I don't over stuff in the first place. Once I start, I don't carry my keys, wallet on me, I put in into one of the pockets.

Also a divot tool for the green, maybe a club brush to clean the dirt off of your clubs while your playing. I have a weighted donut in my bag (one that you slip on the end of your club to warm up pre-round)...
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

here are a few things i keep in my bag
tees
balls
sharpie
towel
nike sleeves (they are sleeves for your ams forcold weather)
water
powerbars
cell phone
keys
rule book
golf log
mints
advil
divot tool
coins (ball markers)
pen
bandages
3 extra gloves
string

toby
in my bag:
driver: titleist D1 9.5 stiff3 & 5 wood: taylormade burner stiffhybrid: taylormade rescue mid 21 stiffirons: mizuno mp-60 4 thru pwwedges: cleveland cg 10's (52,56,60)putter: scotty cameron Newport 2 (35 inch)balls: titleist pro v1 (how do you...

Besides all the basic necessities such as a dozen of golf balls, a couple of tees, bottled water and isotonic drinks, powerbars, backup gloves, etc. I also keep wet and dry tissues with me in the bag.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

100 Tees
Dozen Balls
3 Gloves (1 Pair Rain)
1 Litre Water
2 Towels (Face & Clubs)
Peanut M&Ms;
Skoal Citrus
Chap Stick
Ball Marker
Sharpie
Shoes

I have a seperate pocket for my watch, phone, wallet, etc.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

In my bag (see signature for type of bag I have):

Right Side (Top - one with soft liner):
Personal belongings go here (keys, phone, wallet, change,etc...)

Right Side (bottom):
2 extra gloves (in plastic cases to protect them)
practice log book

Right Side (big pocket):
Range Finder
Extra pair of sunglasses (in case)
short sleeve rain jacket
pack of gum
2 energy bars

Middle pocket (bottom):
Dozen HX Tours (black dot over the number of the ball)

Middle pocket (top):
As many tees that fit comfortably

Left Side - (bottom):
Sun tan lotion
bug spray
4 balls that I use for practicing chipping and pitching

I also carry two towels at all times for clubs etc...

Hope this helps...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Always bring an extra towel...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

few extra spikes and the removal tool in addition to most of the other things mentioned!

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

I'll generally carry 6-12 balls. I don't really destroy them during the round, but I do occasionally lose them; my home course has a water trap on the 10th, for example. I've also been known to lose them in the trees, but that practice has (thankfully) narrowed down. If a ball behaves poorly, I will put it in a separate pocket and play another one as soon as legally possible.

Other essentials:
- Tees
- Water bottles (I carry 2x32 oz + 1x24 oz; 24 oz is clipped to bag)
- 3 gloves (I can get away with one during a round, but I like to change if my grip slips. At the range, I need 3, because I sweat into my glove when I hit for 15-20 minutes without removing it).
- G-clip (ball marker, divot repair tool, tee holder, fits onto my belt)
- sunglasses case
- towels (clipped onto the bag)
- sunscreen
- various foodstuffs ( Clif bar, etc )
- pocket for my wallet, phone (off!), and keys
- club scrub (for cleaning clubs during the round, typically done while waiting)
- spare pencils and a sharpie

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

phone (off!)

I agree it definitely has to be switched off or set only in vibrate mode in the bag.

There's this one time my friend was playing against my other friend for money. Apparently he forgot to put his cell phone in the bag, instead he put it in his side pocket. Then when he was going to put 3 footer for par just after he reached the end of back stroke, his cell phone set off and with vibration as well. He was so pissed off and then picked the phone and yelled like, "WHAATTT??" It turned out to be his girlfriend calling just to ask how was his golf round doing. Sorry, an off topic post. I thought I'd share the story.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I am a minimalist. I obviously carry balls (anywhere from 6 to a dozen) 10 tees (zero friction tees, they rarely break), ball marker, towel, and 2 gloves, all in an easy to carry Scratch sac. I used to carry around a tour bag, thinking it looked cool, and would load it with about 30 pounds of crap I would never use. My current arrangement suits me much better and will preserve my back .

sunscreen
ibuprofen
tees
balls
divot tool
migraine medicine
tums
rubber straps for stretching
rain gear
lighter and cigar cutter
spike wrench
towels
range finder
club brush
gum
some sort of snack
sharpie
line-em-up
yardage book
wedding band and watch when i'm playing

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

-14 golf balls (maybe 18 when I'm practicing)
-50 wood tee's
-3 gloves (1 that I use when I'm practicing, 1 for tournaments and the other one is a spare)
-1 towel (3ft x 5ft)
-2 bottles of water
-Rain gear on the winter
-My personal practice plan (changes a lot)
-A rules book (just in case some smart guy tries to cheat)
-Some food ( I rarely eat something on the course, but who knows?)

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Note: This thread is 6015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!