IGNORED

Looks like Michelle Wie decided...

crazy_horst
Note: This thread is 5905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are Michelle Wie's best days as a golfer over?

• Yes, she'll be featured on '60 Minutes' in 10 years
    • No, she'll turn it around and win on the LPGA Tour

The BIG wie-sie will be just fine. She is older now, and not the child novalty she was when she was "little". A couple years of college, get a REAL manager, let her dad watch from the sidelines and stay out of the business, and play against woman (except for the Wendy's 3 tour challenge)....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a real shame how her career has been handled thus far by supposed responsible adults, and it was certainly ill-advised the way she's played in so many men's events when she's certainly not able to compete with them. With all that said, I think that the wrist injury she suffered last year is clearly the culprit for all of her awful play this season, once she gets back to full strength I think she'll be competing for LPGA titles once again.

Yes, Tiger and the other Tour players really learned how to win as amateurs. Wie needs to be in a situation where she can win. There are no shortcuts in life!

I feel that Michelle Wie has to do what any other LPGA hopeful does. Earn your card through Q-school. She doesn't even have a tour card but she keeps getting excemptions. This isn't right.

The rules are set up to allow players without cards to play a certain number of events each year with exemptions. They have stretched that to allow Wie into a few select events, but in general she is not doing anything that the rest of the top players out there can't do either. The biggest difference is that people will pay to see Michelle Wie and when she is in a tournament the TV ratings will be higher. It's a business first and money makes it all go.

If the people at the Buick Open thought that letting me play in their tournament would increase the gate and TV ratings, you can bet they would give me an exemption to play. So far they have yet to see the draw I would be and they don't call. I wonder if the 16 handicap scares them away?
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I getting tired of her and her excuses for withdrawing out of tournaments during the later stages of a round because shes on the verge of shooting the '88' round rule.

This happened once, so you're pretty impatient...

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Is it that obvious that I'm not a big Michelle Wie fan?

Now that you mention it, I did detect a

slight undercurrent of negative emotion.
Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Is it that obvious that I'm not a big Michelle Wie fan?

Even if people aren't, Michelle Wie still draws crowds, albeit in the same way NASCAR draws fans hoping for a massive wreck.

(I actually think Leadbetter said something along those lines back in June...)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Even if people aren't, Michelle Wie still draws crowds, albeit in the same way NASCAR draws fans hoping for a massive wreck.

I like the fact that Ledbetter is speaking about her schedule. It looks like he will be playing a roll in here career again. Hopefully that means that he will be coaching her, not BJ. She needs people that truly know the industry and the game guiding her.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

She will return to the LPGA, where she belongs until she can improve her game a LOT. She needs to focus on her work ethic and forget about the men's game for now. She needs to become a better golfer, ignore her father's advice, and grow up!

• 2 weeks later...
She's just like those high school girls: they look nice, but in fact, they are more dumb than the most stupid guy on the planet. She's, like, all the time, like, saying things like, LIKE and like and... you got the point.

The truth is that she's just a little 8 yr old girl trapped in a teenagers body. SHe might have a great swing and all, but she doesn't have what a true golfer has: a good thinking head.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

She's just like those high school girls: they look nice, but in fact, they are more dumb than the most stupid guy on the planet. She's, like, all the time, like, saying things like, LIKE and like and... you got the point.

Everyone has their mannerisms. My old hedmaster used to say "eh" about 16 times per minuite during his speaches. Does that mean he was stupid. Hell no!

Whats in the bag:

Everyone has their mannerisms. My old hedmaster used to say "eh" about 16 times per minuite during his speaches. Does that mean he was stupid. Hell no!

I didn't mean that. What I meant is just that she's still growing up, at a slower rate than everybody else of her age. For her, and any girl of her age saying what and how she says it isn't exactly a sign of growing up. She's just a littel girl.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

• 2 weeks later...
Lost Ball says good for Wie....she finally got her head on correct and went down.

If she dominates (which wouldn't shock Lost ball as she has a LOT of talent) then she can more than try and make a few smaller Men's tournaments.

Until then, do what AS did and try to move up the right way
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

• 2 weeks later...
Na, she aint done yet. Shes still very young compared to the rest of the LPGA field, and has tallent. She just needs to get a good coach, focus on golf and practice hard. Shes only like, ......what, 18 years old maby? She dosent need to be pushed too hard by her father (which we all know that hes already done).

I think it will come to her eventually.
WHATS IN THE BAG?

Calloway 460cc Big Birtha driver
Nike NDS irons
Cleveland 54 degree wedgePing lob wedgeRIFE Martinique Island Series putter

Michelle Wie will certainly have an excellent career in golf on the LPGA Tour, she is an amazing talent and she is still so young. She has gone through a hard time over the last 12-18 months but she will come through this, and it will make her an improved golfer! I expect big things from Michelle and would not be surprised if she does not make a bigger impact this season!

Good luck Michelle, hope you play well this season!

In my bag:

R7 Quad Driver
3 wood
RAC MB Irons 3 - PW Vokey 52 and 6056 Wedge Fatshaft PutterGolf Bag Pro V1 Ball

She will have a career - one with a paper hat where she says "large fries with that,sir", just before she goes on break and eats a spam sandwich with her daddy out behind the dumpster. She and her dad deserve nothing but scorn and mocking - they are a JOKE and the LPGA and PGA have been taken for a complete RIDE by these two frauds

Titleist Hybrid Stand Bag White & Lime Green
- TM Tour Burner 9.5 Degree, Aldila Proto by You
- TM R5 Ti 3 Wood
- TM Burner Hybrid #3,#4,#5
- Titleist AP2 6-PW, Project X 5.5 Shafts- Titleist Vokey 50 degree Black Nickel- Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Satin 54 and 58 Degree- Titleist Scotty...

Note: This thread is 5905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!