IGNORED

Looks like Michelle Wie decided...

crazy_horst
Note: This thread is 5931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are Michelle Wie's best days as a golfer over?

• Yes, she'll be featured on '60 Minutes' in 10 years
    • No, she'll turn it around and win on the LPGA Tour

I'm curious, does anyone know what can/will happen to Wie's $$$ from Nike and other deals if she continues not to perform well as a pro??? Have they already paid her millions and have to cut their losses(Nike)? Can they get their money back?

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's too late for her. She didn't start out the right way being directed to continually improve on her game and other aspects of being a tour player.
Too hard for her now as she would basically have to start at the beginning again. It's a shame and a waste of talent but it's a case of what could have been...
What's in my X cart bag

X460 10° off the tee, usually followed by either Big Bertha 3 wood or BlueMax 7 wood-stiff graphite
Then one of theseDi7 uniflex steel 5-SW and finally the NXT tour straight in the hole using Rossa Daytona

How can anyone claim that it's too late for her.

Thats one of the problems in modern sports, imho. Everyone can't be happy with natural talent, It has to be natural talent NOW or else its wasted!!!

Come on, she's not even 19 yet. She's got an entire career ahead of her. As far as I'm concerned her career has barley begun, and It will take off, as soon as B.J. is ejected from her management.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Come on, she's not even 19 yet. She's got an entire career ahead of her.

Not at this rate, she doesn't...

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

If Nike cannot get all their $$$ back from signing her, it's likely she doesn't care how she does... What I mean is she's already got a lot of $$$ ... probably enough for life right now, if invested properly.

How many 18 year olds can say that?

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Not at this rate, she doesn't...

What, so a player can't have a bad year now without it being "the end of their career"?

Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Michelle Wie has too much talent as a golfer for her not to be successful in the LPGA. She almost won several times including a major. She needs to rebuilt her confidence and play better.

Rebuilt from the bottom, I am not sure if her parents are guiding her in the right directions. Does she have a mentor and sport psychologist?

I confident that she will be a superstar in the LPGA. she has game, looks and god given talent, she just needs to put the package together.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

What, so a player can't have a bad year now without it being "the end of their career"?

No, if you read my statement correctly, I'm saying at the rate she's going, she doesn't have an entire career ahead of her... a career in golf, anyway. I'm not saying her career is over, but just ask Ian Baker-Finch - it's no guarantee her game comes back.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

Michelle needs to really play well if she wants to make any $ on any tour and I'll bet ya the world she'll be folding diapers before she's 20 so the girl's chances are slim and none and slim just left town.

I wish that I had just 1% of M.W.'s talent.and when she does decide to become a mom,(which is her decision alone),I'm sure she will be able to support the child with $$ from her many wins on the L.P.G.A. she is destined to do.

No, if you read my statement correctly, I'm saying at the rate she's going, she doesn't have an entire career ahead of her... a career in golf, anyway. I'm not saying her career is over, but just ask Ian Baker-Finch - it's no guarantee her game comes back.

Well, saying she hasn't got a whole career ahead of her and saying her career is over seem to be pretty much the same thing in my book.

Whats in the bag:

Well, saying she hasn't got a whole career ahead of her and saying her career is over seem to be pretty much the same thing in my book.

You're saying she has a whole career ahead of her, I said maybe, maybe not - no guarantee.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

You're saying she has a whole career ahead of her, I said maybe, maybe not - no guarantee.

Fair enough. But we'll have to agree to disagree

Whats in the bag:

There is a short blurb about Jack Nicklaus in the Golf Channel Newsletter today. He is worried about kids who are pushed to focus only on golf. Here is a quote from it and the link is below for the whole article. Does anyone have BJ Wie's e-mail. We should send this to him.

What concerns Nicklaus are kids who are steered toward golf and spend their time doing little else.

"You see kids specialize in golf. I think that is idiotic," he said. "To play all the sports is great. I played everything. My dad played everything. Golf to me was just another sport until I was about 19. When I won the National Amateur at 19, I finally said, 'Hmm, I must be a little better than I think I am.' It was just a game -- still is a game."

His advice to young golfers?

"I think kids should be playing everything, doing everything," he said. "Eventually, if you want to specialize in something, that's fine. But go out and enjoy, and be happy to be able to play other things."

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...os=570&h.pos;=0
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

There is a short blurb about Jack Nicklaus in the Golf Channel Newsletter today. He is worried about kids who are pushed to focus only on golf. Here is a quote from it and the link is below for the whole article. Does anyone have BJ Wie's e-mail. We should send this to him.

Unfortunately, BJ wouldn't be able to cash in on his daughter like a poker chip if he followed Nicklaus' advice (or nearly anyone else's for that matter).

I think the guy's a pig; if he couldn't make any money off her playing golf, he'd probably pimp her.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

Everyone, inluding the players on the LPGA are really just sick of seeing her on tv every week. The LPGA does not need her as a side show they have plenty of great players that are drawing more crowds than Wie ever has, Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel, and not to mention Natalie Gulbis. Good thing is all these girls know how to play are good!! No more side shows, if the LPGA wants more respect, stop doing this kind of stuff and start having better tournaments. Yeah they dont hit the ball 300+ yards, but the Trump International was an amazing tournament to watch, I liked watching that more than the Fedex Cup finals, especially with $1 million dollars on the green waiting for the winner, it was pure drama the way its suppose to be. Not about trying to figure out which wrist wie hurt this week.

• 3 weeks later...
Heads up, TST members! Michelle has been paying attention to this thread:

Good. Maybe she'll come out and play well again.

Or maybe she'll have the problem that faces men that retire: she'll try too hard to get good again now that she has the time to do it, and she'll just get frustrated.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!