IGNORED

Keep Stats

iacas
Note: This thread is 4712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep statistics?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or seen something like this:

An electronic score keeper (yes I know these exist) but with additional function to keep track of putts, GIR, Fairways. Then it would be really cool
if when you were done you could just hook it up to your computer via USB and download all of the stats into some software.

Of course you can do it manually but I keep wanting to keep track of my stats and find that I am too lazy to actually mark down my score and stats on the same card and then come home and enter it into some software.

Has anyone seen anything like this?
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I've recently been playing around with a bit of software called ScorePro, which you install on a Windows Mobile device like a smartphone or PDA and it tracks all those stats. I don't think you can download them onto a computer, but you can view them on the PDA screen.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

I've recently been playing around with a bit of software called ScorePro, which you install on a Windows Mobile device like a smartphone or PDA and it tracks all those stats. I don't think you can download them onto a computer, but you can view them on the PDA screen.

Well I dont have a windows mobile device yet, but it seems as though that might be the way to go. ScorePro definitely is the kind of thing I am looking for. Would be cool though if you could buy a seperate little unit to do it instead of a phone though.

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

• Administrator
Has anyone seen anything like this?

Have you seen the ads for Scorecard here? You can print scorecards or, if you use the method I use, enter your stats (yes, it's "manually") in about 30 seconds when you get back. A lot of forum members have bought it and like it.

We're working on an iPhone/iPod Touch app that will eliminate the "manual" portion, but currently Apple's API for the iPhone is lacking some things we may need, so we're not 100% sure there. Anyway, until then you just use a scorecard. It takes up all of two boxes on my card... and one of them's my score. You write five things down and you get 35+ stats.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know where I can find something that can keep track of golf stats. I like keepmygolfscore.com, but they dont have an "Up and Down" stat nor do they let you input 9-hole scores without count a full round (which seems really stupid).

Thanks in advance!

A bonus would be something that has courses already set up for you to choose from instead of always having to enter each holes information.

Purchase Iacas' own program Scorecard. You can also win one if you read the details on another thread (don't have the link)

You'll see a banner advertisement for it around the forum somewhere, click it
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• 4 weeks later...
I have been using Lintz's golf stats which is free (See below link) for the last 8 months or so. It is very simple and does a good job.

http://lintz.byethost13.com/

I have also tried the demo of Scorecard that a lot of people use on this forum and I liked it better as it had a few extra options and has a nice layout but I would have to start entering scores from scratch again which makes it meaningless for the first few months.

I sometimes mark an extra card (as we have to hand our comp cards in) but often just enter the scores from memory as soon as I get home. Not so easy on a foreign course but not a problem with my regular course as I can picture the holes easily

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

I started keeping my stats about a month ago when I wanted to get serious about golf. It helps me know what I need to work on and what I'm doing pretty well at.

I just use a little notebook and write down my stats and keep the scorecard from that round.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

• Administrator
I have also tried the demo of Scorecard that a lot of people use on this forum and I liked it better as it had a few extra options and has a nice layout but I would have to start entering scores from scratch again which makes it meaningless for the first few months.

I recommend in situations like yours that you use Scorecard concurrently with your existing stat tracker for the time being, and then switch to Scorecard exclusively when you've got enough stats in it to make it worthwhile (after a few months, as you say).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use Intelligolf but haven't yet taken my PDA out on the course; that may change because it also keeps track of games.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

The only thing I keep track of is number of putts and GIR. Sometimes I write other stuff like OB, drops etc. I always scan my scorecard after every round and put it in a folder and I have a running spreadsheet of rounds I've played this summer.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

I keep the usual of putts, GIR, and Fairways hit.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 4712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!