IGNORED

Keep Stats

iacas
Note: This thread is 4693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep statistics?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

• Administrator

I keep stats all the time. In fact, I'm still helping to write some software that keeps stats the way I'd like.

If you don't keep stats, you'd be well advised to check out Dave's first column

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started too but it got to time comsuming.

Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

Interesting.

I dont keep any stats at the moment but have been seriously considering it for a while.Better get my ass in gear and get some software i think.

Be interesting to see if what i percieve are strong or weak points of my game are actually just that.Numbers dont lie i guess and its difficult to ignore it if its clear in black and white.

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

If I'm alone I do, but in a group it is too cumbersome to try and keep score and stats.

I do the same thing. Keep stats when playing alone but it is time consuming when playing in a group.

Driver: 913D2, 9.5°
3-Wood: V-Steel, 15°
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°
Irons: MP-64, 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM 54.10, 60.08 Putter: Studio Style Newport 2

Ball: ProV1

I do the same thing. Keep stats when playing alone but it is time consuming when playing in a group.

I had this same problem when I first started but I do one of two things. Either I will keep my own scorecard in my back pocket for my own use or I will get a scorecard after the round is done and fill out a scorecard with the stats on them. This only takes me about 2-3 minutes to do. My habit now is to just grab an extra scorecard and keep it with me.

Give it a try again and see if you have any luck. If you are serious about your game and getting better, it will be worth the hassle. I promise.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
I had this same problem when I first started but I do one of two things. Either I will keep my own scorecard in my back pocket for my own use or I will get a scorecard after the round is done and fill out a scorecard with the stats on them. This only takes me about 2-3 minutes to do. My habit now is to just grab an extra scorecard and keep it with me.

I do the same thing. Let me work up a quick sample... or just take a picture of one of my scorecards. I'll edit this post in a sec when I get it...

OK, here goes. The top number is the score for the hole, and the arrows indicate whether I hit the fairway or not (up is yes, left or right is a miss in that direction). The small number next to the score is the # of putts for that hole. Currently, I count putts from the fringe, but I've gotta stop doing that. The next number down - 10, 10, 20, 20, etc. - is the distance I had for my first putt. When I enter this into my software, it lets me determine things like average distance of putts for up-and-downs, sand saves, or approach shots (when I GIR). The next two lines down I could condense into one: up-and-down/sand save, then GIR. I mark GIR when I get a GIR, otherwise I leave it blank. I mark "UD" or "SS" when I have an up-and-down attempt or a sand save attempt. I put a line through it when I'm unsuccessful. That's it. Doesn't take much and really can give you a LOT of information about your round.
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

T Q Sports personal sports software 19.99 keeps everything for you.You keep your own card and mark down following,Score,Fairways,putts ,sand and enter them after round even keeps handicap using USGA formula but not official.Golfsmith sells it so do many other online retailers.Again if I can get my computer wife to post it I will post my current spreadsheet of stats.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Hey what is the easiest software to do stats on? What does it cost?
Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

What is the URL?
Ace Adair

904R 10*

What is the URL?

www.mygolfdomain.com ?????? It was on the first page !

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

• Administrator
I'm working with a friend of mine on some golf statistics software for the desktop. Of course, it only applies if you've got a Mac, and it'll be out in a few months - after my golf season is over, probably - but it's coming. Should cost around $19.

I'm working with a friend of mine on some golf statistics software for the desktop. Of course, it only applies if you've got a Mac, and it'll be out in a few months - after my golf season is over, probably - but it's coming. Should cost around $19.

You people and your Macs! I've been keeping my stats and it has helped me see my problem areas like you guys said. It's a very good learning tool.

• 2 weeks later...
I just do it when I get home. I can remember every shot I played (yes even the shanks).

Thanks for the plug here kiwidave. I'm glad you like the site and that it is easy to use.

I just joined this site. If anyone wants any information about my site just email or PM here.

My Golf Domain.com

• 3 weeks later...
Sometimes I use my SkyGolf GPS and the SkyTracker. Easy to mark off the important stats and it's also easy to keep track of all clubs you hit with - added bonus from using a GPS - you get realistic yardage for all the clubs.

Note: This thread is 4693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!