IGNORED

Share your New Strokes Gained Data from GAME Golf!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

I see they've changed the strokes gained page this week.  I haven't had time to play with yet.

59094ef772514_newstrokesgainedscreen.jpg.1aa6664df4d8499f9fb320a08886350b.jpg

You can still get to the "old" strokes gained look by clicking "Insights" on that page. This is just the new "home" page for your Insights.

53 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Some things I don't like:

1. It looks almost grayed out, like it is in a back window or something. Even the category names like Driving, Approach, Short Game, Putting are hard to see.
  2. The Up and Down arrows are very binary. I had one where I improved by 2.5 strokes but another category improved by 0.01 strokes.  They both showed the same green down arrow.  Like your driving area above- maybe they could show the arrow as a slight improvement, and the putting as a great improvement better. The arrows aren't even very visible either. That's related to the grayed-out look of the page.
  3. It even took a moment to realize that the bold white number was for the recent rounds, and the grayed out number for the older rounds.

But overall, it seemed like a decent "slice and dice" step that will be good if they build on it.

1. I agree, it's a bit too dark. They are clearly trying to differentiate between the white numbers and the grey, but why not use blue or something? Blue is used below (along with grey, but that area is on a white background at least).
  2. They are binary, but the bar charts help. I mean, arrows are arrows. They could do things like increase the size of an arrow (especially if they used an arrow available in unicode fonts or something), but that feels a bit nit-picky.
  3. Yeah, that could be clearer:

I hope that page helps.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love stats and comparing to better players. Really cool features especially the new ones if they get them working. The areas don't seem to be updating properly when you change comparisons.

Latest round. I think it's time to take the hint... :-D

GG2.thumb.JPG.7a47e54ea4d2b6c0daf648668b8fe582.JPG

Note: This thread is 2547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!