IGNORED

My Swing (dkolo)

dkolo
Note: This thread is 3112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, dkolo said:

Thanks for the idea. I'm working through the position label thread to commit what all the A# and P# positions are and represent since I'm relatively new to this kind of approach to looking at the swing 

Hover over them:

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
A7

If you can remember A1, A4, and A7 the rest are obvious and easy.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Hover over them:

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
A7

No love for A8/A9:-\

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Hover over them:

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
A7

Thanks, that's helpful

43 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

No love for A8/A9:-\

Everyone knows A7 a-ate A9

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Quick update: I hit the driving range on Christmas Eve in anticipation of playing today (which did not happen because I pulled a rib muscle afterwards; OW). I'd been drilling the centered hip turn a lot over the past few days; really, anytime I had some time to kill while standing (yes, even on line at the store, haha). The feeling I'm using is that I'm pushing backwards with the left foot (backwards meaning on the direction the grip of my club is pointing, not away from target). So far, it's starting to make more and more sense with the rest of the golf swing. I'm worried my left knee is flexing a bit too much as my right knee straightens, but I'll have to get some video to see if that's the case (it probably isn't, it just looks different looking down than before). 

In any event, the results on the range yesterday were really exciting. I was making tremendously good contact with the ball with all of my irons and hybrids. The only issue was that the new swing mechanisms are causing a big hook if I swing naturally. I can override it and consciously make the path a bit straighter to get a straight ball instead of a straight draw, but it'll take some adjustments. I much prefer this to hitting the hosel every other shot. I can absolutely play golf like this right now. I'm still wary of declaring that I own a better swing yet, but I'm building confidence in it.

Driver was interesting with the new hip turn. I was hitting it straight, but out of the high heel, so the yardage felt (and was week). I haven't been focusing on driver lately, so it's going to be next on the list, but the slice wasn't there no matter what I did, which was a very interesting development

Fun story: one of the previous times I'd videoed my swing, there was a guy on the range giving me crap about filming. He was being a prick generally because I set up in a stall next to him and that was "messing him up." (The way the stalls were populated, it was either this stall or going off to the far edges of the range, which would've made odd angles for the camera, not to mention bad lighting). I was working on stuff you guys were suggesting and still struggling making solid contact, so he was being a real dick and making fun of the camera stuff. I was drilling small things, not really stressing about the result. Of course, he was there yesterday and when I was hitting choked down 6 irons right at the 200 yard marker, and he was a lot less forthcoming with his opinions about videoing the swing. Imagine!

Thanks everyone for all of your help so far!

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

4 hours ago, dkolo said:

so the yardage felt (and was week).

so the yardage felt (and was) weak.

I can English good.

Dom's Sticks:

11 minutes ago, dkolo said:

so the yardage felt (and was) weak.

I can English good.

Learning English might be a good New Years Resolution. :whistle:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!