IGNORED

My Swing (nickyreno)

nickyreno
Note: This thread is 3120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 months

My current handicap index or average score is: 18/89
My typical ball flight is: Mid-High
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice

Videos: 

Signature_zpshd2erffi.jpg

Welcome to the site. I fixed those videos for you. Just paste the link and hit return and they should embed on their own.

For your swing I'd focus on keeping your head more steady on the backswing. It moves too far to the right on the backswing and it forces you to have to move it the other way on the downswing. This will have an effect on a few things like the path of the club head which leads to your slice issue. 

I'd take a look at this thread and post some follow-up videos.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Welcome to the site. I fixed those videos for you. Just paste the link and hit return and they should embed on their own.

For your swing I'd focus on keeping your head more steady on the backswing. It moves too far to the right on the backswing and it forces you to have to move it the other way on the downswing. This will have an effect on a few things like the path of the club head which leads to your slice issue. 

I'd take a look at this thread and post some follow-up videos.

Great thank you for the feedback! And thank you for fixing my videos as well

Hope you are able to update your progress with video soon.Golf is made up of big mechanical moves and small ones.Explaining what causes these moves to be correct with pros and seemingly similar moves very incorrect with Handicappers is fascinating.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

28 minutes ago, collapse said:

Hope you are able to update your progress with video soon.Golf is made up of big mechanical moves and small ones.Explaining what causes these moves to be correct with pros and seemingly similar moves very incorrect with Handicappers is fascinating.

What kind of cryptic message is this? Can you just say what you mean?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

5 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

I believe he is saying that a handicapped golfer emulating a pro's swing, does not necessarily produce a pro golf shot.

2 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Yes Nickyreno...that is it....not so cryptic is it?

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

6 minutes ago, collapse said:

No, it's only poorly worded, partly incorrect, and not relevant to the thread.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

1 minute ago, SavvySwede said:

No, it's only poorly worded, partly incorrect, and not relevant to the thread.

This is nickyreno's swing page....he understood it.

Just now, collapse said:

This is nickyreno's swing page....he understood it.

Reread my post.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

2 hours ago, collapse said:

It was very much cryptic. Why not just say it more bluntly and more concise? 

2 hours ago, nickyreno said:

I believe he is saying that a handicapped golfer emulating a pro's swing, does not necessarily produce a pro golf shot.

Should a golfer emulate a particular move like Furyk's back swing? Probably not. Should they do the 5 things that all great golfers do? I would say yes :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

This is nickyreno's page...he understood me....it isn't necessary to preach the company doctrine all the time Saevel25....WE GET IT.

@collapse, the point is to be more clear with your responses (which would be helpful to everyone) but yes let's stick to @nickyreno's swing, thanks.

Mike McLoughlin

Today I hit the range for about an hour with my feet flared. Well, at least my front foot flared. I experience pain in my knee keeping my back foot flared (bad knees). The results were impressive.

Before I had trouble keeping my front heel on the ground during my backswing because I had to lift it to rotate my hips (I was using it to create power from the ground during the shot however was inconsistent at times when I did not get it down in time).  With a flared front foot I am able to rotate just as well while keeping my heel down and found much more consistency and accuracy.

The only issue was that with a flared front foot most of my shots went left. I was able to correct this with a stronger grip adjustment (rotating my left hand inward to expose more of my knuckles).

Now to work on these 5 keys...

1 hour ago, nickyreno said:

Today I hit the range for about an hour with my feet flared. Well, at least my front foot flared. I experience pain in my knee keeping my back foot flared (bad knees). The results were impressive.

Before I had trouble keeping my front heel on the ground during my backswing because I had to lift it to rotate my hips (I was using it to create power from the ground during the shot however was inconsistent at times when I did not get it down in time).  With a flared front foot I am able to rotate just as well while keeping my heel down and found much more consistency and accuracy.

The only issue was that with a flared front foot most of my shots went left. I was able to correct this with a stronger grip adjustment (rotating my left hand inward to expose more of my knuckles).

Now to work on these 5 keys...

Hi Nick - On your last comment about the shots going left... I noticed that this happens to me when I forget about Key#2 - Weight forward and/or not getting enough hip turn in my backswing. Just a couple things you might want to check on with your new swing adjustments.

Dave

3 hours ago, nickyreno said:

I'd try to flare the right foot out, at least for a little bit. If anything it tends to relieve any "twisting" on the knee. Will also help your hips turn in place rather than shift back.

Mike McLoughlin

59 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I'd try to flare the right foot out, at least for a little bit. If anything it tends to relieve any "twisting" on the knee. Will also help your hips turn in place rather than shift back.

As I stand here and imitate a swing with both flared, I can definitely see how it helps my hips rotate. Still for whatever reason, I feel pain in my knee. I am curious to see what it will do to my swing so I will try it out. Hopefully I can mitigate the knee pain with stretching and exercise.

2 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Hi Nick - On your last comment about the shots going left... I noticed that this happens to me when I forget about Key#2 - Weight forward and/or not getting enough hip turn in my backswing. Just a couple things you might want to check on with your new swing adjustments.

I know I definitely don't have enough weight transfer in my shot. I would say through impact I have about 80% of my weight up front. And by flaring out my back foot I can see how that will prevent my hips from over rotating through the swing and sending everything left.

Thank you guys, for all the great feedback

Please consider this.....you are flexible enough not to need such a wide stance.

mvdriver123.JPG

Note: This thread is 3120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!