IGNORED

I need some help finding a new golf bag :)

Note: This thread is 3194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all. I'm having difficulty finding a good golf bag for me. 99% of you on here are probably going to have more experience in this area than I do!

My currently bag is pretty good, but it could be better. I have 14-way dividers but they aren't full-length dividers. This is my #1 problem with this bag. I'm almost always walking when I'm playing a round, with a sun mountain 4-wheel cart (that I love). When my bag sits up there (which it sits on there very nice and snug, so I'm happy with that) it's at an angle, so all of the club shafts at the grip slide to the bottom edge of the bag and it's kind of annoying grabbing and shaking a bit to get one out, or having to jiggle the bag to get a club I used back in! So I'm looking for one with full-length dividers this time.

I also like having a separate putter well. Preferably the hard plastic type. My current bag has this with a rubber orifice on the lip so it fits snug, but it's really not necessary and it snags my grip pretty good. I use the super stroke grip which has held up just fine amazingly enough, so it's really not an issue I guess. It did tear the crap out of the grip that originally came with the putter though since it was a much tackier but smooth grip. I'm not a fan of the putter wells that are up where the clubs are with the "extra big" pocket though. I'm sure that's fine for some, but I really prefer the separate (plastic) type well that sits lower and off to the side of the bag.

And seeing as I walk often and I'm a guy that likes to have everything he could need in his bag... I like to keep a lot of stuff in there, well organized, all the time :) rangefinder, scorecard book, warm gloves, rain jacket, bag rain club cover, several balls (think 20+, but now I'm starting to go rounds at a time without losing one so I may dial back on that soon), couple towels (on the outside of the bag though), my glasses w/case, game golf, pocket ball cleaner, pitch mark tool, iron groove cleaner, 2-3 extra gloves in their packaging, foot powder for impact marking, sunscreen, sunglasses, tm adjustment tool, and a big one is that i use a 32 oz hydroflask ss double-walled container, hand warmers ...and that's all I can think of right now. So bottom line... I feel like I kind of need a big bag lol. 

I'm currently using a tm r11 type cart bag. It's a nice looking bag and all but I'd rather go more of a standard cart bag route rather than a "promotional" type bag. I got it on a huge sale and it had a bunch of pockets so I grabbed it a few years back. 

Can anyone help me find something like this? The Ray Cook RCC-1 bag in black/royal/white really caught my eye on rockbottomgolf but it didn't have full length dividers :( otherwise I would have pounced. I like how it has a lot of the same pocket style as my current bag but had a thinner base (my current bag has a "square-oval-ish" base that is difficult to seat on he back of a cart securely.  

Price range isn't too much of a concern to me. I mean... I don't really want to spend $300 on a bag but... I also am playing a lot more now and it would be worth it to me I guess... if there were no other alternatives.

Thanks! :D

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

I'm having difficulty finding a good golf bag for me.

Take a look at this thread - http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/86184-best-cart-bag/#comment-1165839

Since you use a sun mountain 4-wheel cart (that you love), cart bags offer a suitable product. They will weigh slightly more and you will be able to keep all the "stuff in there, well organized, all the time :)"

Here's a few considerations.

http://www.bestconsumerreviews.com/golf-cart-bag-reviews/

Callaway ORG XT Cart Bag, Nike M9 Cart Bag, RJ Sports EX-350 Cart Bag are reviewed in link above.

Goldsmith has many cart bags - http://tinyurl.com/jcm96s5  You can select a price range or browse the many they offer.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I have one of these.  http://datrek.com/products/golf-bags/lite-rider.html

Full length dividers. Light weight. Gets the job done. $179.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 3194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!