IGNORED

Predict the 2016 Major Champions

Broke100Once
Note: This thread is 2827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Masters:  Jordan Spieth defends!

U.S. Open:  Angel Cabrera - because he's an annoying a-hole. :-P

British Open:  Jason Day - because he's awesome.

PGA Championship:  Rickie Fowler - Because that's where all of the people who take a little time to win their first major seem to start

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...
On 2016-01-10 at 1:38 AM, Broke100Once said:

Masters: Jordan Spieth.  This may be my default Augusta pick for the next decade.

U.S. Open: Jason Day.  Oakmont has arguably the most impressive list of winners of any multi-time major venue, as it takes a great to master this beast.  As such, I'll predict another of the big three to win it.

British Open: Todd Hamilton repeat!....well, I won't make that big a leap, but I'll still stretch a bit to predict Lee Westwood finally nabs his major.

PGA Championship: Louis Oosthuizen, I just have a feeling he'll rise up and finally grab another major.

Bonus predictions: Phil Mickelson will record another second-place finish in a major this year.

Haha, well, at least I got my bonus prediction correct!  (And Spieth should've won the Masters had he not lost his mind for two holes.) 

Lots of missed picks here, as you might expect since almost everyone had Spieth, Day, McIlroy grabbing at least a couple of the four.  But, kudos to...

Thrash13 for predicting Johnson at the US Open

Partial credit to...
* Pendragon for picking WIllett to win a major, though it was the British and not the Masters
* Saevel25 picked DJ to win the British, not the US Open.
* TheBogeyMan and Wally Fairway each picked Johnson and Stenson to win 'a' major, not specifying which.

• Upvote 2

Note: This thread is 2827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!