IGNORED

Time to upgrade but ball but oh man!?

Note: This thread is 2982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played a full 18 with the tf gamer tour today. Sadly, my play has taken a significant turn for the worst over the last two weeks. I REALLY miss the distance, softer feel, and higher trajectory. It seems to be a recurring theme with urethane balls. That being said, saw some major improvement as well. As long as I make solid contact, balls distance and trajectory seem fine, but when I mishit them, they seem to go nowhere. But didnt roll off but two greens today and that was a much harder course with much tougher greens. Both roll offs were awful approach shots and not balls fault. That said, greenside performance was superb. True hop and stop and felt nice off the putter. Gonna run them again nxt week. Hopefully, my game comes round.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, colin007 said:

TopFlite Gamers, best bang for the buck, no contest.

Glad u agree. Its early in my testing but so far its performing pretty well. And greenside its fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the wilson 50 elite on the shelf at pga ss last week. Used to love them but have not been able to find in stores for some reason. Played last three rounds with them. Short game performance was nearly as good as tf gamer tour. Long game performance and feel were much more to my liking. Soft feel, just a slightly lower trajectory than what Im used to and great distance. Played three rounds with them and had fantastic results! Think Ive found my new gamer finally. Fingers crossed.

I've just received a selection of premium lake balls to try: 20 each of Callaway Chrome Soft, Taylormade Tour Preferred and Titleist ProV1. Looking forward to giving them a try and seeing if I notice any difference to my normal Srixon AD333 and AD333 Tour.

Callaway Big Bertha V Series 10.5 Driver stiff shaft
Benross Hot Speed 16 deg 3 fw
Callaway XR 22 deg hybrid
Callaway XR 25 deg hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 6-pw
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 48/54/60 wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro Havok

3 hours ago, TimS65 said:

I've just received a selection of premium lake balls to try: 20 each of Callaway Chrome Soft, Taylormade Tour Preferred and Titleist ProV1. Looking forward to giving them a try and seeing if I notice any difference to my normal Srixon AD333 and AD333 Tour.

I've never seen the AD333 on the selves.  I've found a couple over the years, but I recall them being pretty hard balls (Rabalon elastomer cover).  Is the AD333 in the same league as the ones you're going to try?

Edited by vangator

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

The ad333 isn't - it's a standard 2 piece, but generally gets good reviews. The tour version is a 3 piece with urethane cover but at a mid-price. 

I'll probably have to wait a while to notice much difference as the ground is still soft, so spin doesn't really come into affect yet. However maybe the feel will be different between them

Callaway Big Bertha V Series 10.5 Driver stiff shaft
Benross Hot Speed 16 deg 3 fw
Callaway XR 22 deg hybrid
Callaway XR 25 deg hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 6-pw
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 48/54/60 wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro Havok

http://www.amazon.com/Titleist-Recycled-Used-Balls-24-Pack/dp/B00AP53D0Y

In terms of top tier performance for cheap, look at these.

Prov1x-332's: The original model of prov1x that is SEAMLESS. Works just as well as the current prov1x. Seriously, they're way too similar on spin tests to notice as an amateur. If you can tell the difference between the two, youre better than you think! Haha :D

Tried a lot of balls last year and kept switching. Ended up going back to the nxt tour. Favorite ball and my local golf course has them for 5 bucks cheaper than I usually see them for at dsg or other larger stores. 

Note: This thread is 2982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!