IGNORED

New TRUE Linkswear Elements Shoe

Note: This thread is 2534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, caniac6 said:

Are these guys still in business? I tried calling, and the phone number on facebook was no longer working.

Yes, they're moving and trying to sort out ownership.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Anyone else get the email that they came out with a new version of the Element, the Element Pro?

http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/2017-men-s/true-elements-pro.html

I'm not interested considering all the durability/leaking issues I've had, and because they are not spikeless, but it seems they are still kicking as a company. 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, drmevo said:

Anyone else get the email that they came out with a new version of the Element, the Element Pro?

http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/2017-men-s/true-elements-pro.html

I'm not interested considering all the durability/leaking issues I've had, and because they are not spikeless, but it seems they are still kicking as a company. 

Yep.

Look, what I can tell you from what I know is:

• They believe they've fixed the durability issues. I can't confirm that myself.
  • They are trying to regroup as a company and have some new shoes in the pipeline. They're trying to get back to their roots.
  • The people who are left are good people. That doesn't mean they'll succeed, but they're good people and they are trying to do the right thing, IMO.

I should have the new models here soon and will have opinions then.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yep.

Look, what I can tell you from what I know is:

• They believe they've fixed the durability issues. I can't confirm that myself.
  • They are trying to regroup as a company and have some new shoes in the pipeline. They're trying to get back to their roots.
  • The people who are left are good people. That doesn't mean they'll succeed, but they're good people and they are trying to do the right thing, IMO.

I should have the new models here soon and will have opinions then.

I hope they figure things out. They have some great concepts but clearly the execution was lacking over the last couple of years. Looking forward to the reviews as I'm struggling to find something similar but this time I will wait to see if they stand the test of time.

1 hour ago, drmevo said:

I'm struggling to find something similar but this time I will wait to see if they stand the test of time.

This is exactly my view...although I am very happy with the Puma shoes I bought (spikeless, zero-drop), so I can hold off for a bit without too much difficulty. 

Based on what I've heard, I'm cautiously optimistic that True will turn things around.

Edited by Hardspoon

- John

I got the email also.  Those in particular don't interest me with the spikes, and not sure about sizing.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they come out ok, and get some shoes back out like the original tours, or protos or something along those lines.  super wide, super comfy, no drop, no spikes....cause mine are pretty much toast.  They won't make it through this year, and cannot find any old ones in my size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I wonder what they changed about them. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I wonder what they changed about them. 

There seems to be a different little strip of a different type of fabric across the area on both sides. You can see it in the photo.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Are there any differences besides the spikes?  And do you happen to know if the regular Elements got the same fix?

I ended getting some past season Footjoy Contour Casuals that seem pretty good, but not quite as comfortable so far.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, drmevo said:

Are there any differences besides the spikes?  And do you happen to know if the regular Elements got the same fix?

I don't know if there is much else different. The styling is a little different, as you can see…

And I don't know but I think that the regular Elements got the same fix. They were touting a fix toward the end of last year. Maybe this is it? I'll ask when I speak with them soon…

• Upvote 1

Are these available in a store anywhere to try on?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!