IGNORED

What's Your Swing Speed?

Zakko
Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i'm in the mid-high teens...if i go after it...i can max out at 127. But usually about 115-118. It's all about ball contact though baby! Zach Johnson is 108 mph and look at what he's done!
THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

My SWING speed is about 85-90 mph with a driver, and my average is driver is around 230-250 yards. My Ball speed on average is around the high 120/Low 130 (which i think is quite good ???)
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

My swing speed is about 105 mph. I hit my driver 260 yards.

Author of "Striking It Rich: Golf in the Kingdom with Generals, Patients and Pros"
www.reidsheftall.com

So they were talking about this today during the Skins game. Tour average is 112 and they said that good amateurs swing in the upper 80's to low 90's. They also mentioned launch angles and that pros have much better contact than most - and they are only carrying 260-295. So my question is, are the people on here claiming 110 + swing speeds carrying 270+ on a consistent basis?

Edit: let me find the actual numbers from the study. I believe that they point out that players who consistently shoot in the 80's only have a swing speed of 85-90mph

That's the thing with these threads - notice everyone is 100+, with some into the teens? Complete BS in most cases. I find it humorous that regardless of handicap, everyone on this board swings 110 mph and hits it 290

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

So they were talking about this today during the Skins game. Tour average is 112 and they said that good amateurs swing in the upper 80's to low 90's. They also mentioned launch angles and that pros have much better contact than most - and they are only carrying 260-295. So my question is, are the people on here claiming 110 + swing speeds carrying 270+ on a consistent basis?

No, they're swinging 90 and hitting it 230

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

bet you they are telling you their max swing speeds. big difference.
THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

It was interesting when they were discussing it at the Skins Game today. They showed the average swing speed per club on tour. They said the average golfer (not on tour) was in the high 80's low 90's for max swing speed. I looked down the list for the pros and this was their average 7 iron swing speed

Yet another stat that shows how good the PGA players are and why they hit it as far as they do.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

My average swing speed is 97 MPH, and I hit the ball about 220 yards of carry. I got this after an hour on a swing speed monitor during my lesson, my instructor said that I have amazing speed for my size, 5' 0" 105 lbs. Altought some, well quite a few people distorte their speeds and distances, I think quite a few people, like my self, tell the truth.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Some of the numbers at the LG skins game could be decieving. Fred Couples hit a couple of drives where his speed was measured in at 118 mph. He hit one drive 295 carry and one 277 carry, both solid. Zach Johnson was averaging 250 carry and Ames 285 but I saw a couple and hit only carryied the ball 250. Numbers are inflated.

Some of the numbers at the LG skins game could be decieving. Fred Couples hit a couple of drives where his speed was measured in at 118 mph. He hit one drive 295 carry and one 277 carry, both solid. Zach Johnson was averaging 250 carry and Ames 285 but I saw a couple and hit only carryied the ball 250. Numbers are inflated.

Which points out what most of us on here are wondering about. How is it pros hit like that, but hacker Joe on this board is apparently crushing them with 120mph swing speeds and 350 yard drives?

Which points out what most of us on here are wondering about. How is it pros hit like that, but hacker Joe on this board is apparently crushing them with 120mph swing speeds and 350 yard drives?

I'll give Hacker Joe the benefit of the doubt and say he's right about his swing speed. The difference between him and the Tour pro is that he can't hit the ball straight and he probably can't chip or putt on Tour caliber, either.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My swing speed is about 98-100 mph. I measured it the other day. I can usually carry the ball with the driver about 250 yards. If the fairways are in good shape, thus allowing the ball to roll, my total yardage is anywhere between 260 and 285. But what's important is to put the ball in the short stuff. The game is so much easier when you play "fairways & greens" golf.

During my last fit, I noticed, that my swing speed with an iron six is about 82-83 mph and with the driver abour 100-103.

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

I'll give Hacker Joe the benefit of the doubt and say he's right about his swing speed.

The higher the handicap, the greater the fish tale it seems...

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

My swing speed is about 98-100 mph. I measured it the other day. I can usually carry the ball with the driver about 250 yards. If the fairways are in good shape, thus allowing the ball to roll, my total yardage is anywhere between 260 and 285. But what's important is to put the ball in the short stuff. The game is so much easier when you play "fairways & greens" golf.

Maxed out, at 100 mph, you could carry a ball 245 yards. That is with perfect launch conditions, spin and perfect smash factor.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!