IGNORED

Penalty Kicks - Sport Science

saevel25
Note: This thread is 2896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Unless you get a head start by guessing way early, it is basically impossible to stop a fast kicked soccer ball that is heading just inside the post. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

That's true of any shot. Low shots are also favorable too because the goalkeeper needs to get his feet out as bending over takes extra time.

The high corners are fine sometimes, but more often the low hard shot to a bottom corner works well.

Of course, as it says, if you can get the goalie moving, you can aim for a much fatter part of the net.

I consider myself a goalscorer. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, iacas said:

That's true of any shot. Low shots are also favorable too because the goalkeeper needs to get his feet out as bending over takes extra time.

The high corners are fine sometimes, but more often the low hard shot to a bottom corner works well.

Of course, as it says, if you can get the goalie moving, you can aim for a much fatter part of the net.

I consider myself a goalscorer. :-)

I usually coached my players to kick low and outside. There is more margin for error. If you miss high, it still scores.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I usually coached my players to kick low and outside. There is more margin for error. If you miss high, it still scores.

That is what my highschool coach did. If you hit it too high he would make us do push ups as a penalty. I think it was more he wanted to maximize opportunity of the shot going in, also the chance of a 2nd attempt shot if the goalie could not catch it cleanly. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What I've seen lately, even in the pro level, penalty takers using stutter steps as they approach the ball.   They are hoping the keeper moves and makes it easier for them.  

Legal?   It use to no be.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 2896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!