IGNORED

Irons feels too balanced? Am i crazy?

Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a newbie and just started this year. I practiCe alot and this thread is about my feel that i got today.

I played a super twlight today and i was paired up with someone who just started. We took our time and chatted and he took like 9 practice swing before actually swinging so in between shots i got swung my clubs to keep my rhythm up for my shot.

Any how, stranger grabbed wrong club and asked me to hold his iron. I got curious and started swinging his irons and the felt so good. My swing was very effortless but made the full arc and body rotation with ease. It felt just right. The head was a little heavier which guided the iron down the path that im swing.

My irons are used, mizuno tzoid pro, s300 shaft, golf pride multicompound mid size grips. They feel balanced from butt to head. It feels too balance so when im swiniging it doesnt have that effortless glide the other club had. 

Is there a specific topic or customization for this feeling? I really like the pendulum feeling of the heavy being slightly heavier. Its a very effortless swing but the path and speed is fast and true. It feels like i can just swing it all day and not feel any tension or lost of strength.

The irons  i have now feels like a solid stick that weighs the same from butt to head.

Does this make any sense at all? 

WITB: Titleist 975D, Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 5i,7i,9i, Mizuno Black Ox Raw 56* SW, Ping Anser 3 lives in a TourTrek Sunday Carry Bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First of all, thank you for having such an intuitive feel! It sounds like you may have the makings of a real golfer! The way you described it, it sounds like the irons you have are too light in swingweight. Since you are a newb, you might wonder "what is swingweight"? It's the "heft" of the club. It's being able to feel the clubhead at the end of the shaft throughout your swing. I don't know if you'll ever meet up with this guy again, but it would be interesting to see what his irons swingweighted at vs yours.

I'd be interested in knowing how young you are, your physical condition, etc. I'd guess that if your irons are swingweighted at anything less than a D-2 or D-3, there is something seriously out of whack!

Or, just take a few of your irons to a good golf store and ask if they have a swingweight scale, and figure out how to use it. It's not all that hard. I did this quite a few times when I shortened the shafts on some of my drivers. When you shorten the shaft, you lighten the swingweight. I needed to bring the swingweight back up, so this is what I did.

Hello! I have hit many different golf clubs and can tell you that there the club and shaft combinations out there result in an almost endless combination that provide a wide range of dfferent feels. The swingweight of your clubs can be customized and some people just like the feel of a heavier club. It sounds like you prefer a heavier club. One cheap way of adding weight to your current set of clubs is to add some lead tape to each club. A word of advise however: the heavier the club, the more difficult to generate high swing speed, especially for a beginner. 

In My Bag:

:tmade: 9.5˚ Rocketballz | :callaway: 15˚ X-Hot 3 Wood :tmade: ran TP (3-PW) | :vokey: Vokey 52˚ & 56˚ | :odyssey: White Smoke MC-72 

Hey guys, sorry i just read my post and it had so many errors lol. Typed from a phone.

I am 29 and in good physical condition, i walk and carry most of the time. I play almost 3 times a week for super twilight, so that i can play at my pace and practice my shots.

Its starting to make sense now.  I can control my driver 90% of the time to the center of the fairway. I fade and misses are slices so i go all the the way right and aim left. If i fade its in tue center, if i hit it straight its left and if i slice its right but always on the fairway. I hit about 200 yards total all the time and just get an iron shot away from the green.

Putting, i am 2 putting most of the time. I get the ball to within 2 feet and tap it in. Only 3 putting or more when putting uphill.

My mid irons are terrible, it pushes or slices. If i get it straight, it will hit a huge chunk and get half the distance.

I am shooting in the 110s because it takes like 3 or 4 iron shots to the green. When it should be 1 or 2 solid hits.

By far the most frustrating is the irons.

WITB: Titleist 975D, Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 5i,7i,9i, Mizuno Black Ox Raw 56* SW, Ping Anser 3 lives in a TourTrek Sunday Carry Bag

Hack2, I will repeat my original advice. Go to a golf shop, and have the swingweights checked on your irons! That's where you noticed the difference in feel. Then you can swing some different demo clubs with different swingweights to see if you can recapture the feeling you got with the other guys club. You're only 29, so shouold have no problem generating decent clubhead speed with a higher swingweighted club.

Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!