IGNORED

Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have a hybrid in your bag?

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon!

I have a 19 degree Ping g5...good club...a lot of money though. you could probably find something in the 19 degree section a lot cheaper for the same quality.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well right now I have a huge gap because I have a 3wood and a 3iron but nothing in between them.

It seems like a 5 wood is your answer. Plus, you can use the 5 wood for chipping just off the green, when you need the ball to hop and then run to the hole. (I had a similar situation...and the 5 wood fit the bill perfectly.)

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Well right now I have a huge gap because I have a 3wood and a 3iron but nothing in between them.

I pulled my 5w this year in favor of a 16° hybrid. I hit them about the same distance but I hit the hybrid higher and can work it better. I also think it's easier to hit out of the rough and off of tighter lies. To me it was a more versatile club and it fit the 5w yardage gap.

I was kind of surprised at how much I hit it each round after I started carrying it. It was the 3rd hybrid I bought and it was kind of an afterthought. What sealed it for me was that I started hitting a lot more long par 3's off the tee than I was with the 5w. I always liked my 5w but I just hit the hybrid a little more consistently.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

i have a titleist 583h with an aldila NV shaft

My bag
Driver-905R
3 wood-906 F2
hybrid- 583h 21*
irons- 695 CB royal precision project x (6.0)wedges- vokey spin milled 56 and 60putter- studio style newport 2

I am 13 years old and I can hit my 3 iron very consistently. However I have trouble with woods so I'm looking forward to buy an hybrid replacement for a 3 and a 5 wood. What loft should I get?

I am 13 years old and I can hit my 3 iron very consistently. However I have trouble with woods so I'm looking forward to buy an hybrid replacement for a 3 and a 5 wood. What loft should I get?

I hit my 16° hybrid about the same distance as my 5w. Most manufacturers claim their 16° hybrid is a replacement for a 2i or 5w. You might start there and try a bunch of different models to see what you like and fits your swing best.

I think trying to replace a 3w with a hybrid is going to be tougher. Most people hit a 3w a lot longer than any hybrid I know of. Instead, you may want to look around for a more "compact" 3w, like an Adams Tight Lies or similar that has a lower profile like a hybrid. You'll get the benefit of the low profile and low CG (which will help you get your shots airborn) but still have the longer shaft of the 3w which will get you more clubhead speed and distance.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

If you're looking to replace your 3 and 5 wood, I would suggest a 16 or 17 degree loft club, if you absolutely must have a hybrid. On the other hand, if you hit irons very consistently like you say, you might be better off with a 2 or 1 iron.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

i have a titleist 583h with an aldila NV shaft

How do you like it? I have the 503h and I can't hit it. However, it's more like a driving iron than a wood. I am looking to replace it and would like to round out my bag with all titleist clubs. I also have a Hogan that i love and would only replace if it was at least an even swap.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
How do you like it? I have the 503h and I can't hit it. However, it's more like a driving iron than a wood. I am looking to replace it and would like to round out my bag with all titleist clubs. I also have a Hogan that i love and would only replace if it was at least an even swap.

Clearly he probably meant a 585.H, not a 583.

I switched from the 503.H to the TM Rescue Dual TP and then to the 585.H. It's such a sweeter feeling, a lot easier to work, and a lot easier to manipulate the trajectory (down, mostly) with the Titleist club than the Rescue Dual TP. It also plays just a little bit more like an iron than the TM. It's the finest hybrid I've ever hit. I still have to publish a review on it some day...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought a new Nickent Genex 3DX ironwood 20*. I noticed on the smileys page there is not smiley listed for nickent? Anybody know why?

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

The Taylormade V-steel has a very shallow head. I couldnt hit my woods either, until i got a V-steel its face is very shallow which helps to get the ball in the air.

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

I currently have a 3 and 4 hybrid in my bag. I just recently switched to the Adams Pro series hybrids with the VS Proto shaft and I must sat that these are the best hybrids I have ever hit. The "no offset" is better for me because I have a higher swing speed and tended to power draw/hook other hybrids.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

I play the Nicklaus hybrids and they are the straightest and longest of all the hybrids I've tried. $100 each.

Try them.
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

I just bought a new Nickent Genex 3DX ironwood 20*. I noticed on the smileys page there is not smiley listed for nickent? Anybody know why?

I want a Nickent smiley too

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

• Administrator
I want a Nickent smiley too

Added. Go ahead and use it now

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Added. Go ahead and use it now

Got an O'Gio one hiding anywhere? No hurry. It took my 2 years to find the other ones.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator
Got an O'Gio one hiding anywhere? No hurry. It took my 2 years to find the other ones.

It's Ogio, and yeah, now there's one:

Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!