IGNORED

Going to Baltrusol

Tod
Note: This thread is 2869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey, it looks like I have a pair of tickets to the first two days of the PGA. It will be the first time for both my son (25) and me attending a professional tournament. Any suggestions for making the most of the experience?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wear comfortable shoes. You'll be walking quite a bit. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I grew up about 7 miles from there. Traffic will be bad, the course is not bad as far as walking, i would research where the concession stands, spectator stands and views for multiple holes preferrably not near the entrance and head directly there for a spot to view multiple holes have food and beverages and porta johns available. I always would go  wed and thursday for practice and 1st round. My wife would get autographs while i sat in the stands. Good compact binoculars and a digital camera (practice round) will help as long as they arent to heavy and cumbersome. Also a cheap foldup poncho just in case.

• Upvote 1

Traffic will be horrible, so plan ahead. I played there in the NJ State amateur a couple of years ago and from what i remember theres not a lot of places there to perch on the lower course istself if you're a spectator.  (I'm assuming they're playing the tourney on that one) So you're going to have to get a grandstand spot if you want to see multiple groups play. Its not that difficult a walk, though. I wouldn't weigh myself down with too much stuff, especially if its hot.  Also, the USGA museum is only about 20 minutes from there, so if traffic isnt to bad that could be worth checking out too. 

• Upvote 1

You'll be parking a long ways away and taking a shuttle, so be sure to leave behind the items that are prohibited.  You can check prohibitions out here:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/golf/golfm/release/pgachampionship/sites/pgachampionship/files/docs/2016 PGA Championship Spectator Guide.pdf

In looking at the course map, I see at least a couple of locations where you might see two greens from one grandstand, depending on how they set up the grandstands:  5/17. 6/14.and 7/10.  These could be good places to set up camp for a bit.  If you can get a good location, it can be interesting to watch the practice range for a while.  Be careful if its hot, drink lots of water.  Most of all, enjoy yourself.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Much thanks for all the suggestions! We are really looking forward to this trip.

Note: This thread is 2869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!