IGNORED

Cheapest/most expensive club you ever bought?

Note: This thread is 2842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The most expensive piece of golf equipment i ever bought was actually a driver shaft i got 4 years ago. Which was over $300 by itself. But i still use it today so it was money well spent.

I bought an old rusty blade putter from a yard sale an even longer time ago for a couple bucks and ended up using it for an entire summer. I think i won my club championship that year with that thing lol. 

I will never see my self purchasing more than $50 per stick.... My driver is a 10.5 Taylormade Burner that I picked up in the trash bin (Thank God I was there before the trash man) and that driver is serving me very well... I would like to have the satisfaction of having great skills than great gears.... And NO even if you spend $300 per stick,  it doesn't mean it will automatically make you a great Golfer.... 

The most expensive club is my Nike Covert driver. After cracking a shaft in round 1 of my 2-round club championship, this was the cheapest, reasonable club that I could get at Dicks. It was a demo model and had a bit of dent in the crown so it was marked down to $90. ... It has proven to be a massive step up from the R7 I had been using.

The cheapest club in the bag is a Bobby Jones 19-degree hybrid. Bought a SW off a friend of mine and he threw in this club for free. ... It hits for the same yardage as my 5W but tends tp leak right. I usually only use it if I'm in bad rough at a distance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Almost all my clubs were bought used . .except my putter and driver.  My putter I got in high school (25 years ago) so I have no idea.  My driver was around 225-ish and it is the most I've spent on a single club. 

The cheapest clubs I bought were a set of 1960's Wilson blades.  I bought the set,3-PW for $50. I think I played them once at a par 3 course and then my wife threw them away while I wasn't looking, lol.  

I target 300-350 bucks for a set of irons.  I'm kind of tempted to buy a Ping G-30 driver used which would probably run me 250+ and be my most expensive single club purchase yet.

I'd spend more if I thought it would make a difference . .but I'd stop short of  a full fitting with new clubs . .that's just too much $$ even if it does make a difference.  Golf is a luxury - nobody cares if I shoot 90 or 80. 

Note: This thread is 2842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!